PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to contact Kurv Studios

npix
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Does Anyone know how to contact Kurv at Kurv Studios, I've tried e-mailing the Customer Support... and other various e-mail addresses but have had no response so far?

Thanks

Eroneouse
12-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Theres a couple of folk on here who are envolved with Kurv stidios. I am sure one of them will be along soonish.

Silkrooster
12-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I'll see if i can direct him to this thread.

npix
12-06-2009, 03:10 AM
I'll see if i can direct him to this thread.

Thanks silkrooster much appreciated, just need an e-mail that get's answered, it could be caught up with the Spam... but, if others have the same problem then there's going to be ruffled feathers, no pun intended:)

kurv
12-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Sorry, yes if I have not responded, I did not get the email yet :(.

Please PM me here or leave me your email here and I will email you. You can also send me your order number and I can contact you that way.

npix
12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry, yes if I have not responded, I did not get the email yet :(.

Please PM me here or leave me your email here and I will email you. You can also send me your order number and I can contact you that way.

Order Number:148765

kurv
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Okay, your order has shipped, it was a part of our Black Friday special so it shipped this week as you ordered during a US holiday.

You are in the UK so it should arrive shortly.

We appreciate the order :)

Silkrooster
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks silkrooster much appreciated, just need an e-mail that get's answered, it could be caught up with the Spam... but, if others have the same problem then there's going to be ruffled feathers, no pun intended:)

You're welcome...

npix
12-07-2009, 02:43 AM
Okay, your order has shipped, it was a part of our Black Friday special so it shipped this week as you ordered during a US holiday.

You are in the UK so it should arrive shortly.

We appreciate the order :)

Wes, Just need a contactable e-mail , as previously I sent some attachements (previous orders) this will help explain the problem, by the way I received my Happy Birthday from KURV studios Forum this morning, thank-you:)

Getting old an grumpy

kurv
12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Wes, Just need a contactable e-mail , as previously I sent some attachements (previous orders) this will help explain the problem, by the way I received my Happy Birthday from KURV studios Forum this morning, thank-you:)

Getting old an grumpy

Weird, you can try another email for me... wesb [at] cgfocus [dot] com.

I will watch for it...

npix
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Weird, you can try another email for me... wesb [at] cgfocus [dot] com.

I will watch for it...

Sent e-mail on Monday but obviously got missed, I have sent again just now, but I have changed the subject title to the more eye catching,

(Reply to thread 'Anyone know how to contact Kurv Studios')

easier to spot now.

3dWannabe
12-18-2009, 11:18 AM
ordering from Kurv has been a complete disaster for me.

1st - their on-line system accepted my DVD order in my shopping cart, then when I registered, it only accepted 2 of them. I gave up and decided to just call them the next day.

After many emails, customer service form requests and phone calls, I actually spoke to someone, I believe Wes, but he was in his car, so I couldn't order then. Promised a call back when he got back in. Didn't hear from him.

Finally got Wes on the phone.

I place my order over the phone with him on Dec 7th.

They are in Dallas. I'm in Dallas, so I expected to see it shortly.

Nothing.

Then, more calls, emails, etc.

Yesterday, I got a call back. Hurrah!!! I was already on a call, so I told Kurv I would tell my current call that I was going to take the KURV call. When I flashed back 5 seconds later to KURV, he had hung up on me. Bummer!

More left msgs, never ever an answer at their customer service line: (214) 755-2294

I'm quite perplexed. How hard can it be to email with (there will be a delay in your order until xxx)?

I was considering ordering the Poser PLK, but if I'm having this much trouble ordering, I can't imagine what the support would be like?

Have they had a death in the family, some crisis? I'm just totally perplexed!

npix
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Ironically, I received today a follow-up e-mail (see below)

This has a different address to the ones I’ve used in the past, you might give this a go, good luck, I still have had no reply to my emails…

As for the rating system,LOL… I think Ill give it a miss.

Dear N

Recently you purchased items from our store. We hope you are satisfied with your purchase and look forward to doing business with you in the future.

If you downloaded an item, we would like to know what you think of the process. Please take a minute to rate your product(s) in our store, we have added a rating system and were anxious to know what you think!

To rate our products, simply go to our store at http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv
Login, and choose your product to rate it.

If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us by replying to this email. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase.

Thank you again and we appreciate your business!

Thanks,

Ashley
Sales Department
KURV studios
Ph: 818-276-1560 x 209
Fax: 818-276-1561
email: [email protected]

Sekhar
12-18-2009, 12:57 PM

1st - their on-line system accepted my DVD order in my shopping cart, then when I registered, it only accepted 2 of them. I gave up and decided to just call them the next day.

After many emails, customer service form requests and phone calls, I actually spoke to someone, I believe Wes, but he was in his car, so I couldn't order then. Promised a call back when he got back in. Didn't hear from him.

Nothing.

Yesterday, I got a call back. Hurrah!!! I was already on a call, so I told Kurv I would tell my current call that I was going to take the KURV call. When I flashed back 5 seconds later to KURV, he had hung up on me. Bummer!

More left msgs, never ever an answer at their customer service line: (214) 755-2294

I'm quite perplexed. How hard can it be to email with (there will be a delay in your order until xxx)?

I was considering ordering the Poser PLK, but if I'm having this much trouble ordering, I can't imagine what the support would be like?

I've had bad experiences with Kurv too. E.g., I recently attended a 3DC retopo presentation. I paid for it days before the event, got confirmation email from PayPal, etc. But the day of the talk I get an email from Kurv asking to pay up or risk having my registration cancelled. After some back/forth emails, they never admitted any error but basically implied it was just a misunderstanding somehow. I did attend the seminar following a link in another mail.

Then a few weeks after the talk I wanted to watch it again and wrote to them for the recording - I immediately got a response email pointing to a DVD that I could buy. I wrote back saying I'd paid for the live talk and if I could get the recording - there's silence. I sent a reminder some two weeks back, still no response. It's possible they don't give recordings to the attendees, but surely they could at least be courteous enough to say so? Something's broken there IMO. BTW, don't we get recordings?

Nicolas Jordan
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I can't help but notice that threads about having trouble contacting Kurv Studios are a recurring theme on these forums. I seem to be having deja vu about this every month or so. Just do a search and you will see what mean. :rolleyes: :grumpy:

My own one time customer experience with Kurv Studios was a positive one but I still find it a bit disconcerting to see customers having to resort to trying to contact Kurv Studios on these forums.

kurv
12-18-2009, 01:35 PM

Nothing.

Les, the reason your had a hard time placing the order online, was 1. you were not choosing the right videos for the coupon you wanted to use. If you had read the email, you would have seen that not all the videos were on special, and some were offered at different discounts from others.

When you called, you were trying to order a Black Friday special in December... a long time from the date of these specials. We took the order to try to offer you good customer service. After all those specials are deep discounted and limited time offers. I don't think any other retailer out there would have done this for you.

When you called yesterday, I lost cell signal by the airport and I was on the phone all day.

You were on my list of call backs today. The delay has been manual order entry which were not normally setup to do.

kurv
12-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I've had bad experiences with Kurv too. E.g., I recently attended a 3DC retopo presentation. I paid for it days before the event, got confirmation email from PayPal, etc. But the day of the talk I get an email from Kurv asking to pay up or risk having my registration cancelled. After some back/forth emails, they never admitted any error but basically implied it was just a misunderstanding somehow. I did attend the seminar following a link in another mail.

Then a few weeks after the talk I wanted to watch it again and wrote to them for the recording - I immediately got a response email pointing to a DVD that I could buy. I wrote back saying I'd paid for the live talk and if I could get the recording - there's silence. I sent a reminder some two weeks back, still no response. It's possible they don't give recordings to the attendees, but surely they could at least be courteous enough to say so? Something's broken there IMO. BTW, don't we get recordings?

I am not sure what your referring to with the webinar payment. Yes if it was a paid class we will ask again for payment if you have not paid. We have had a few people pay from one name and register under another and then we can not find them. We make every effort to locate, email and figure this out.

As far as the emails after... the time delay was for us to see if this webinar was one that we did in fact offer a free download after. It was not. We priced it lower so yes if you want a copy you would need to buy it.

Sorry, we spell all this out in the information we send out.

3dWannabe
12-18-2009, 02:18 PM
You were on my list of call backs today.

Yes, this was related to the 'black friday' sale, but I did have it accept the coupon, and after I registered, the DVDs the coupon 'liked' seemed to change from what it seemed to 'like' before - which is why I tried to sort it out by phone. Computers - you just can't trust them! And it was very nice of them to honor the pricing.

Actually, Kurv did just call while I ran to the post office, and of course I missed the call. We just have bad timing on calls. So close, and yet .. so far! Ahhhh!

In all fairness, I did order several DVDs once before, and that order went without a hitch and the DVDs were useful.

I'm just irritable due to hassles of xmas season, as - I suppose are we all?

Sekhar
12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I am not sure what your referring to with the webinar payment. Yes if it was a paid class we will ask again for payment if you have not paid. We have had a few people pay from one name and register under another and then we can not find them. We make every effort to locate, email and figure this out.

I'm referring to the fact that I paid for this (Advanced Retopology in 3D Coat by Leigh Bamforth) seminar on 10/20, got a confirmation from PayPal on 10/20 right way, then got a confirmation from YOU on 10/21 7:01am that I'm registered, and minutes later (at 7:10) get an email asking to pay or lose the seat. Before you get all defensive, look at this from the customer viewpoint and see what impression they'll get of Kurv.

As far as the emails after... the time delay was for us to see if this webinar was one that we did in fact offer a free download after. It was not. We priced it lower so yes if you want a copy you would need to buy it.
So why then did you not say so in an email response? I first asked about this on 11/27 and again on 12/7. Surely you didn't need 4 weeks to figure this out, and you're responding after I posted here.

Sorry, we spell all this out in the information we send out.
Come on, you just said you weren't sure about this and needed 4 weeks to figure it out, and you're saying you made it clear in the information you sent out? This is nuts. I challenge you to show me the communication where you said that the recording will not be available because the event is subsidized. I have all the mails.

Guys, you're doing a great service, and I happen to love the seminar. Please don't screw it up with bad relations with your customers. After all this, I find it very hard to sign up for anything else or recommend you to anyone else. This isn't a threat, just the way I feel right now - may be it will pass.

Triodin
12-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Just wanted to say that I ordered Rigging and animating with IK Boost (http://www.kurvstudios.com/lightwave/ikbooster.php) and Cartoon Character modeling (http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LW-T047-001&Category_Code=01-02-01) and got both without a single problem. Gotta say IK Booster has changed my whole workflow, and the Battlestar Galactica stuff they've been putting out is amazinggggggggg.

OnlineRender
12-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Gays & Gals go private with this shinnzle ! no point in throwing mud !
unless your Toshiba :devil:
Personally I've had no problems and if I did ,Wes sorted it Asap !

npix
12-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Thought I should update you, Wes has got in touch and resolved the problem I had, am now a happy B

3dWannabe
12-19-2009, 01:15 PM
He also got in touch with me.

I think his cell phone had died when I tried to tell my other call that I'd be a bit. Just one of those things.

hoping for something under the tree for XMAS!

npix
12-19-2009, 01:29 PM
He also got in touch with me.

I think his cell phone had died when I tried to tell my other call that I'd be a bit. Just one of those things.

hoping for something under the tree for XMAS!

As you both live in Dallas, ask nicely, he will probably deliver it by hand...:santa:

AndyMarrs
12-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm still waiting for a DVD to be delivered that I ordered at the end of November ...... Have to say, not impressed with the service so far, won't be using them again.

3dWannabe
01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
You were on my list of call backs today. The delay has been manual order entry which were not normally setup to do.

Wes phoned 19 days ago, right after I posted on this thread, so I guess this is my only way to catch his attention.

In our conversation, my order was going to ship, but I've not been able to contact Kurv by phone, and they don't respond to my emails.

I originally ordered over the phone with Kurv on Dec 7th (1st time I could get a hold of him after having a problem ordering a week earlier), so it's been a very long time.

I really hoped that in the spirit of the Christmas season, Kurv would come through.

I'm perplexed at how a business - or a human being, can treat a customer/human being in this fashion?

As it is so easy to send an email, private msg (which I've also tried), or leave a voice mail.

All of us understand and can sympathize with problems.

What is difficult to understand is silence.

kurv
01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Les, yes I took the order over the phone for the 50% off and free shipping sale.... TWO WEEKS after it ended.

Things were busy here we were trying to get around to entering your order manually... as we had customers who had already paid we needed to take care of first.

Meanwhile you come online to complain about us.

So I chose not to enter the order.

Bottom line Les, we do appreciate the order, were loosing money on it, but appreciate it. But when the loss comes with complaining publicly...

No thanks.

3dWannabe
01-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I only complained on-line after you hung up on me (you said your battery had died).

And AFTER I found this thread where others were complaining the next day (plenty of time to email me, or phone me back).

Is that so hard to understand, that I would complain after silence for a few weeks and then a hang up? That was very frustrating.

I originally ordered within the time frame of the coupon, and when I had an issue, I immediately sent an email (within the time frame of the coupon on Sunday), and phoned you the next day - but you didn't return my call.

In my mind, I was doing the nice thing by not generating two orders, both with free shipping, as I could have just made a partial order. That didn't seem right to cost you for shipping two orders.

What are we going to do here Wes? Can we just agree that we both had a bad circumstance of events (your battery dying, etc.), both got the wrong impression of the other - and move forward?

A happy customer is good publicity. An unhappy customer can provide the reverse for a very long time.

I say we bury the hatchet and move forward. Peace pipe time? Everybody wins?

AndyMarrs
01-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Well, my DVD finally arrived, thanks Wes.

robyht
01-22-2010, 02:40 AM
A couple of years ago we ordered some training DVDs from them, no problem there except we then had to pay an extra 20 import duty on them when we recieved them in the UK.

Markc
01-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I discovered, that if you order via the UPS option (to the UK) I got import charges on receipt. If I order via international mail (takes a bit longer, but is much cheaper) there are no import charges. Any Dvd's I have ordered without UPS have all arrived safely.

Infinite
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Aren't DVD's going the way of the dodo? like Betamax and VHS before them?

Too much hassle, packaging, printing, burning, logo licenses etc

OnlineRender
01-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Aren't DVD's going the way of the dodo? like Betamax and VHS before them?

Too much hassle, packaging, printing, burning, logo licenses etc

pretty much , bandwith has increased enough for full HD streamming . but some people like something physical to hold ,.....

Markc
01-25-2010, 11:52 AM
My internet bandwidth is fine for downloading older videos (500-600mb size), but the newer ones on Dvd (rather than CD) are 1gb+ and my connection is far too slow for something that size.
Also with the physical copies you usually get loads of bonus stuff.

OnlineRender
01-25-2010, 12:06 PM
50 meg so I can't moan (really about 30ish)........ although Glasgow will be first to get 100 meg lines-yaaaaaaaaasssssss