PDA

View Full Version : Slow Pop-Up Menus

CROUTON213
09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
I've been using VT-3 for about a week and so far, in comparison to T2, it feels heavy and sluggish. When I right click in the VT-Edit workspace in order to get the pop-up menu, it takes a good 5 - 10 seconds to appear. Also, when I right click in the Video Switcher to assign an input, it takes 30 - 40 seconds for the selection menu to appear. maybe this is a problem in my preferences, because the pop-up menus should be instantanious, shouldn't they? What setting should I adjust in the preferences to fix this?

Another thing that feels sluggish is everytime I select a video clip in the VT-Edit timeline, it has to take a moment to load it into the Edit Properties even if I do not have edit properties open. How do I get it to stop this automatic action.

Paul Lara
09-02-2003, 04:16 PM
This sounds symptomatic of when you have nVidia's Desktop manager running, since module & menu behavior has been improved in VT[3].

Go into Display Properties, and make sure that Desktop Utilities | Enable Desktop Manager is unchecked.

CROUTON213
09-02-2003, 06:12 PM
THANK YOU!!! Turning off Desktop Manager fixxed this hanging pop-up menu problem for me.

I greatly appreciate the VT3, as well as the earlier versions.

MediaSig
09-03-2003, 02:47 AM
PAUL HURRY!!

You just posted message number "666"!!

RUN!!!!

:eek: