PDA

View Full Version : working on a new script, your opinions please

Svenart
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Hello,

since a few days Im working on a new lscript, wich can save/load your favourite light settings+radiosity+fog+backdrop+skysphere in Lightwave.

I wrote this script because I thought It could be nice If I can easy switch between different lighting in a scene.

The script is working now for me but I would have to invest a lot more time before I can release it. So I wanted to ask you if such a script could be interesting for your work or not.

Please let me know what you think, thank you :)

Kuzey
12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Sounds super cool...can we see what's in the environment tab :thumbsup:

Kuzey

JohnMarchant
12-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes lets see the environment and also can it have master plugins, sounds interesting anway

JohnMarchant
12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Maybe you could include imageworld HDRI as this is also lighting

Svenart
12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
thank you both.

I have added a screenshot of the 2nd menue above. You are right with the hdri, I will try to include this. What do you mean with "can it have master plugins"?

JohnMarchant
12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
thank you both.

I have added a screenshot of the 2nd menue above. You are right with the hdri, I will try to include this. What do you mean with "can it have master plugins"?

Sorry Sven a brain fart there, but the hdri is a must

npix
12-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Looks great maybe adding your lights to poly?

Phil
12-02-2009, 04:43 PM
The multiplier in LW has an envelope, so perhaps that needs to be supported. As might also need to be the case for the lighting intensity value, falloff and colour inputs. The same is true for the fog, etc. Textured environment support would also be useful if the general purpose is to allow the user to use setups across scenes.

It might be that these are on your to-do list if you were planning to release it, but these are the things that struck me from just reviewing the UI.

What would be neater still would be integration with the preset shelf, so that one could build a library of environments and have a thumbnail for reference.

digefxgrp
12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I would use this script. :thumbsup:

I really like Phils idea about integrating it into the Preset shelf.

geo_n
12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
That was fast!!
You added more than what was there in the other website. Cool!
One thing to add also is the ability to change light type globally. Is it possible to click lights then change all to point, area, etc.

Svenart
12-02-2009, 08:18 PM
thank you... You can set the values of the lights in the script already, but not get them. And at the moment I dont know if I can realize this in lscript. At the beginning I wanted to make something like the light editor you suggested me, but then I realized that I cannot click on the list and get the values for each light (maybe I will find out, dont know). So I changed, and focused on making a script that will save and load all your lights+values + radiosity+backdrop+fog so you can save your favourite lightings and load it into other scenes. Its working now but it has a few limits.

I really dont know If its possible to put all this into the presets. If somebody know how, please let me know. But the idea is of course good, I would like it, too:)

geo_n
12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
At the beginning I wanted to make something like the light editor you suggested me, but then I realized that I cannot click on the list and get the values for each light (maybe I will find out, dont know).

is there a way for you to get the info from the scene editor? middle click select of all lights in viewport and change value in lightproperties panel is not accessible in lscript? And changing light type globally by selecting some lights would be great if it was possible.
I don't know anything about programming:D.

walfridson
12-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Cool :) Dont forget the raytrace settings

Svenart
12-03-2009, 07:59 AM
is there a way for you to get the info from the scene editor? middle click select of all lights in viewport and change value in lightproperties panel is not accessible in lscript? And changing light type globally by selecting some lights would be great if it was possible.
I don't know anything about programming:D.

At the moment, you can select the lights in the list of the script, and then change lightsettings for the selected lights, but the values will not be shown if you just select a light in the list... changing the lighttype is generally possible, but all the lscript commands for the lights are unfortunately limited.

roctavian
12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Really usefull plugin. :thumbsup:
I have to say I will like to use it.:)
BTW, many many thanks for your plugins. I find them very userfull.:thumbsup: