PDA

View Full Version : Photo printer

CC Rider
12-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a top notch inkjet photo printer that will also print on CD/DVDs? (for a reasonable price...$300 or less range.)

Thanks

OnlineRender
12-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Ironically i just bought an Epsonstylus photo R285 , the photo quility is decent but the print function on cd is excellent and it was a steal at 45 plus i can get ink re-fills for mega cheap

CC Rider
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Having trouble finding that one new...was considering the Artisan 50...

Thanks for the quick reply!

OnlineRender
12-02-2009, 09:31 AM
you might not be able to find that model I belive they have updated it to a newer model around 90 , I was just lucky i spotted it . depends what your budgets it and what your aiming for , but I must admit its the best personal printer i have "and the wife can print on cds " ohh also Epson have a little trick of becomming dormant or breaking down , mainly to get you to buy more , but you can get software to reset the firmware and whalla the printer works again ... google it . . . .

CC Rider
12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
ohh also Epson have a little trick of becomming dormant or breaking down , mainly to get you to buy more , but you can get software to reset the firmware and whalla the printer works again ... google it . . . .

Wow...never heard of that. Pretty sneaky!
I'll check that out for sure.
Thanks for the advice!

:D

colkai
12-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I use the Canon IP4500 and have to say, I've not been disappointed at all.

UnCommonGrafx
12-02-2009, 11:49 AM
What ever you find, check to see if it has a continuous ink system (CIS) for it. I'm still using an old epson, probably the grand-daddy of those mentioned above, now going on 6 years or so. The CIS I bought for it, after the first shock of what the inks cost, was what two purchases of those inks cost but is still going today after about 400 or so cds through it.
CIS is what will really make the printer worth your while.

OnlineRender
12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I live near the barras "ask Iain he knows what I'm on about " :) and I get 20 "4 batches of ink" cartridges for 35 and they work perfect . that's one of the reasons i bought the r285

sometimes its cheaper to buy a new printer than ink

colkai
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Man, tell me about it, a friend bought a printer for 35 quid, it comes with a full set of ink natch.
Cost of a full set of ink? 48 quid.. WTF? So, hows that for a consumer society, don't buy new ink, just buy a new printer instead. crazy man, crazy.

cagey5
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Ink cartridges are such a rip off. Will definitely be checking out those cis systems

OnlineRender
12-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Ink cartridges are such a rip off. Will definitely be checking out those cis systems

that is the best method , but tell me what printer you have and I will see what the prices are for your ink .