PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area LW users getting together again

CoryC
09-02-2003, 12:30 PM
We are meeting up again.

WHO: Lightwave users

WHEN: Monday September 15th, 2003 from 5:30 PM until sometime after 5:30 PM.

WHERE: The Macaroni Grill @ 2575 W. Higgins in Hoffman Estates, Il (just a few miles west of our last place). For a map and to find out more about the restaurant, info can be found at http://www.macaronigrill.com/menu/default.asp?Unit_ID=001%2E009%2E0049

WHAT WILL BE HAPPENING: This will be an informal gathering for food, drinks, and casual conversation. Each person is responsible for their own tab.

If you are going to be attending, please email me your full name and the number of people joining you to [email protected] by September 11th. Use 'Niteout' in the subject so I can pick your email out from the tons of spam coming in.

dablan
09-02-2003, 09:00 PM
I'll go!

Great teriaki salmon there!

srb2001
09-03-2003, 01:17 PM
I'll be there too !!

-Steve Boyer.

dablan
09-03-2003, 04:02 PM
We missed you last time Steve

Qslugs
09-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey, don't forget about us city folk! Having meetings at 5:30 in Hoffman Estates makes it impossible for thoes who work downtown to make it out that way.

Mike Foy

dablan
09-04-2003, 09:19 AM
Understood - grew up in Chicago and know the traffic well.

How about the O'Hare/Park Ridge area around 6:30? Cory?

ChrisS
09-04-2003, 10:39 AM
hehe
You oughta try it from my neck of the woods!

I'll hafta see if I can make this one.

Qslugs
09-04-2003, 12:17 PM
My only concern is that it's at a time in which one can travel to the location without having to get to work by 6 am :)

If you guys decide that it has to be out that way, so be it (hoffman estates). I think the only reason they meetings used to be downtown was because Tim had no car. If I remember correctly, they were a bit later in the evening though (it's been awhile though, I could be wrong there) which allowed people traveling in from the burbs a bit of time to make it downtown. Although I will admit that the travel times down 90/94 were atrocious. I remember the one meeting at Skyview took me 3 hours to get to from Schaumburg. So I guess having something either downtown or out in the burbs is going to present a problem for someone.

I guess a more appropriate question would be, how many people from downtown are even interrested in attending. I guess if it were just me then it really dosen't matter much anyhow.

ChrisS
09-04-2003, 12:33 PM
As I said on the last meeting, I'm a bit of an abberation, location-wise, so don't worry about me.
Y'all just set it up and I'll see if I can make it.:)

dablan
09-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Downtown or burbs, people will need to drive.

Downtown has a lot of parking issues and extra costs as well.

Park Ridge, Skokie, etc - just outside the city can work well for most.

Now, can you SEE why user group meetings in Chicago have never lasted? Too many issues.

Qslugs
09-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Dan, definately agreeed there. I am sure you didn't enjoy the drive down the couple times that the meetings actually occured. I know the two that I drove from Schaumburg to were no picnic. Parking, traffic, scheduling with work, I hear ya.

I think an inbetween location would be great. Well for me at least. However, since there are presently more of you guys than me, whatever you guys decide is fine. I guess I was thinking more for your future meetings, If you guys could consider at least a later time to accomidate thoes who don't work with a reasonable distance from the venue.

And if the meetings were a bit later, maybe I could even talk a couple more of the Gigante guys to come out as well. There's plenty more LW users here.

dablan
09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Ok,
Admiral club. 10pm.
On Lawerence.

:)

CoryC
09-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Boy this is getting complicated. I thought we were just getting together casually for supper and LW talk and now we turned into a users group :eek: Who has the Roberts Rules of Order book? Last time we got together near Dan's office because it worked for everyone and we could go over and trash his place afterward. With the size and amount of traffic in Chicago, any place we go is going to be inconvenient for someone. That is why we should meet in Lake Geneva. No traffic problems here :D

Are we for sure not meeting in Hoffman Estates now?

Qslugs
09-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Oh no, now look what I've gone and done.

Don't reschedule just for me. Do whatever you guys are doing. I am just asking for future get togethers that you guys might think about having them a bit later in the evening. However I may be the only one interrested in going that works downtown. So I guess you can just ignore me :)

And Dan I think you're on to something. If we all met at the Admiral we could have a very in depth discussion on SSS and skin shading techniques.:cool:

dablan
09-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Now you're talkin'

object
09-04-2003, 07:22 PM
Sounds enlightening,

I just saw the Animatrix last night. I could definately brush up on my indoor lighting, have to stay competetive.

Jay

Morgoth
09-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Has a definate time and place been nailed down for the get toghether?

I'm intrested in attending but I'm coming from Frankfort. So with all the road improvements(?) going on every where I will have to leave in the next couple of days to make it up north.

Walter

CoryC
09-06-2003, 12:45 PM
As of right now it is still in Hoffman Estates at the Macaroni Grill. Pack a few days worth of food and water and come on up. If you have a manual transmission you'll want to exercise your left leg a lot before leaving.

Qslugs
09-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Yeah I used to work right around the corner from there at High Voltage. It got to the point when I wasn't sitting in traffic that I would drive 90. Not exactaly the safest way to travel to work each day, however it did shave about 10 min off my drive each way. I somehow avoided tickets as well.

ChrisS
09-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey!
We still on? Color me there!

CoryC
09-10-2003, 03:31 PM
We are still on. 6 or 7 of us I think.