PDA

View Full Version : Fiber FX help needed

defense2
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I am sure a lot of people ask this question, How do i get the built in Fiber FX system to help me create a carpet, i have a Texture map i want to use, and i am wondering if i am going about this in the correct manner?

I have no experience with Fiber FX can someone help me?

I have attached three pictures, one with the carpet and the only way i see any fibers, the second picture is the geometry tab and the setting i have for the first picture. and the third picture shows the fiber settings with the surface saying carpet, i lose the fibers on the sides and do not see any fibers on the surface named carpet.

I would like to know why the fibers are showing up on the sides of the polygon and not the named surface?

I have watched William Vaughan video about the tennisball and it helped a lot in learning about some settings, and based upon the video when i tell the Fiber FX window to use the surface I have given my carpet the fibers should work there only, yet i do not get the fibers to work there.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/LW_9/Fiber_TennisBall.mov

I would also like to know if i am going about this in the wrong way, if i am even able to have the fibers look like a carpet at all? I figured that would come by playing with the settings, which i can do on my own, i am just at an complete loss as to why i am unable to get the fibers on the named surface.

defense2
11-27-2009, 11:50 AM
the third picture illustrating part of my problem.

defense2
11-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I have tried playing with the gravity and had no results, i have now tried to render the scene out with three objects all three named the same, but in different layers. The first is a flat polygon the second is a ball and third is a cube. The following image is the result, the cube and the ball have Fiber FX applied to them, I am wondering if for the Fiber FX to work, do you have to have a 3D object? or can it be 2D as well?

based upon my experiments Fiber FX can only be applied to 3d shapes.