PDA

View Full Version : Angry Thanksgiving

shrox
11-26-2009, 08:20 PM
For those who are alone and not happy campers...it sucks.

Sekhar
11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey, we 'wavers are all one big happy family, cheer up. :)

shrox
11-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Even wearing my Star Trek shirt isn't making it any better...

Matt
11-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Make yourself some Pumpkin pie and be happy! ;)

shrox
11-26-2009, 08:58 PM
I am watching the Mr. Bill Show on Hulu, so at least my best friend is not Mr. Sluggo...

Etch
11-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Well if it helps at all: You managed to help my thanksgiving out! I was looking for some information on how to configure good looking fire. And I came across your post (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=924803&postcount=7). Pretty much the best hv fire I've scene, let alone had access to. Thank you muchly :D

Silkrooster
11-26-2009, 11:19 PM

Not sure of your situation, but I hope things change in the near future.

The way I look at things when I am down, is that there is always someone else in this world that has it worse. So I know that I haven't hit bottom. I know it isn't much but maybe it can help put your life into perspective.
Take care and may God bless you.

h2oStudios
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM

Your first one? Yeah, it sucks. It's either the bar, or stay home get bloated with food & the bottle. It's kinda like this without the other glass clinking back :beerchug:

h2oStudios
11-26-2009, 11:39 PM
I am watching the Mr. Bill Show on Hulu, so at least my best friend is not Mr. Sluggo...

Easy there, man. HST style is not the way go, unless you're loaded on Mesc & Acid and snowmen shaped like Nixon are chasing you around in the. Cold isolation in Colorado, that's balls, man.

biliousfrog
11-27-2009, 02:04 AM
I doubt it helps but I couldn't help laughing at your posts, I've got an image of you in an isolated cabin in your trek shirt watching Mr Bill...made me chuckle.

You're never alone with the internet. Silk has a good point, there's always someone worse off than you...I had a potentially horrible Christmas around 13 years ago, waking alone in my cold, damp bedsit after being kept awake by fighting and shouting all night in the streets outside and in the room above mine...stepping over a tramp in the hallway that had crapped on the floor...having Christmas dinner at a youth club with one of the workers and a couple of homeless kids...potentially horrendous but it was actually quite humbling.

archijam
11-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Just try to identify with most of the world .. for which this will be just another day. Just remember to be extra thankful some time in the next 12 months.

Thanksgivers are in the minority ...

Do a startrek marathon and take a raincheck! ;)

Teruchan
11-27-2009, 03:21 AM

I been there before, man. I know how that goes. I think a weekend of favorite movies and good food might be in order.

OlaHaldor
11-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey, Shrox, how are you doing? I don't have a Star Trek shirt, but I'm alone too. I have company in the cat, Mowgli, though. But he's mostly into "give me food or I'll bite".

So I've been watching a whole lot of movies and then I've been watching some on BBC Knowledge. And you know what? I feel better. Knowing that I know what most people don't know because they didn't watch BBC Knowledge makes me smile big time. So get yourself a nice remote and zap through the channels till you find Discovery, Nat Geo, History, BBC Knowledge or something! :D

Have a nice weekend guys.

jasonwestmas
11-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh, well that's what I though was the case with everyone on these forums Shrox. :)

shrox
11-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Oh, well that's what I though was the case with everyone on these forums Shrox. :)

So, next year we all meet in Las Vegas, or maybe Rio de Janeiro. But only I get to wear the gold command shirt, everybody else has to wear blue or red.

dandeentremont
11-28-2009, 11:01 AM
This Thanksgiving, someone managed to steal $2500 from my bank account. In addition to that, my wife is approximately 8263 miles away visiting her family in Thailand for a few months. Also, no member of my family lives anywhere near Los Angeles. Still, I had a small and fun Thanksgiving party with a few of my coworkers at a nice French restaurant. The trick to enjoying yourself is to do something you greatly enjoy and not focus on the bad things. Not to sound like a walking cliche, but Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks for what you got.

Marshun
11-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey we got some snow on our San Gabriel Mountains, looks nice.

shrox
11-28-2009, 11:33 AM
I did get invited to a neighbor's dinner, and I wore my Star Trek t-shirt. I had originally ordered it expecting that it would be here in time for Halloween, but it wasn't, so I wore it the next holiday.

Mr Rid
11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Its good you at least reached out here. There are plenty of people alone at the holidays. At least you are not living on the cold street like the tens of thousands here in LA where there is the highest concentration of the unwanted in the country. I sincerely sympathize as I have spent most holidays alone in my life, and usually wound up at some Chinese restaurant on Xmas. But I'm weird, I can go to dinner and a movie by myself and have a good time. I have become partially disabled from health problems and these holidays are a particular drag. I was invited at the last minute to a friend's house but then no one wanted to bother to come pick me up since I am unable to drive... made me feel so special. But I take pride in flying solo, and if it starts to get to me I just distract myself working on creative stuff, or sleep thru it.

But then there's always the strip club. :hey:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/npak8r7jce.gif

shrox
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Listening to some Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody is good too, even if it is by the Muppets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlTzt24Izw

erikals
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
"but then no one wanted to bother to come pick me up since I am unable to drive..."

you know, if you look at it from a certain point of view it's actually kind of funny, in a way...

erikals
11-28-2009, 08:55 PM
...Not to sound like a walking cliche, but Thanksgiving is the time to give thanks for what you got.

or any other day.
if you feel down, help someone, and you will feel better.
if it doesn't make you feel better, remember you should, "selfish" act or not, it gives you extra energy http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/wink.gif

JohnMarchant
11-28-2009, 09:44 PM
So, next year we all meet in Las Vegas, or maybe Rio de Janeiro. But only I get to wear the gold command shirt, everybody else has to wear blue or red..

I vote Rio, theres some good pubs's (Lord Jim) and a brilliant disco called "Help", some lovely girls ;);););)

Captain Obvious
11-28-2009, 09:55 PM
You think you have it bad? Here in Europe we don't even celebrate it! Thanksgiving was just any old thursday or whatever. Pfft.

androidmaker
11-28-2009, 10:34 PM
wouldn't Thanksgiving in england be the day those pesky Pilgrims left looking for "religious freedom"

Marshun
11-29-2009, 02:51 AM
...this time it was just a week from tuesdeee...