PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave camera animation in vue xStream

BeRela Studio
11-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi guys!

I'm working on a project now and i'm having problems.

Some of the objects and environment are modeled/textured in lightwave. The lw-camera have motiontracking data (2D-motion tracking) from after effects (Mocha). My idea was to add environment in vue xstream and then load this geometry back to lw for final rendering... i realized this was not a good idea... big different in rendertime.

So, i have to render some of the the bg-environment in vue with the camera animated. How do i get the cameraanimation from lw to Vue Xstream? I tried the "Export animation to Vue"-function, but the camera in vue dos not get any animationdata.

Please help! :help:

nanaboso
11-27-2009, 12:26 AM
What version are you using? I'm on version 8.
I just tried to move the camera in LW and opened the scene in standalone Vue from within LW's menu, and the camera is not animated. However if I save the scene, again from Vues panels inside LW (not the LW-scene, just Vues), and load the scene in standalone Vue, the camera moves just fine.
This was a straightforward keyframed movement though, no motiontracking data, but then again that is just keyframes on every frame isn't it?

BeRela Studio
11-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I'm using lightwave 9.5 build 1445 and vue 7.00-04 Build 37138. I just tried this:

1. From lightwave default scene, animated the camera (from frame 0 - 60)
2. From Vue panel in lw i made the "export animation to vue" and saved the vue-scene inside lw.
3. Open Vue xStream external and opened the vue-scene.
4. Camera is not moving.

I also tried to use already made vue-scene with camera named Main-camera and made the same steps... without success!

I noticed in the second test that a lot of lights are copied in the cameraanimation direction (from frame 0 to 60). Gaaaaah!!!

What have i missed?

nanaboso
11-29-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm sorry I did not use version 7 much at all, but 7.04 was the latest release I had installed (build 46408).You could try and install that version to see if that would help you out.
I know it doesn't help much, but Vue xStream 8 is so much better, and as "clagman" says in another thread, rendering-times when done in LW using xStream8 is pretty close to those in standalone Vue.

BeRela Studio
11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry I did not use version 7 much at all, but 7.04 was the latest release I had installed (build 46408).You could try and install that version to see if that would help you out.
I know it doesn't help much, but Vue xStream 8 is so much better, and as "clagman" says in another thread, rendering-times when done in LW using xStream8 is pretty close to those in standalone Vue.

I just tried 7.5 (PLE) and it worked immediately :) It seems more stable and the rendertime is faster. To bad it has a output limit to 800x600... I have to wait before i by the 8.0 version.