PDA

View Full Version : script insert for WM encode

stenka
11-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Should not be too hard to do?
ATM we need a separate computer for the streaming because we insert scripts in to the WindowsMedia stream.

WME9 has the perfect tool and examples in the SDK.
Expression encoder i not ready yet.

notadub
12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
yes, we are looking for this functionality as well.

Most of our corporate webcasts require synchronised slides to be displayed in a region next to the video region. We also output from the TC to an encoder so we can use WME or Expression. This setup defeats the purpose of having the "all in one" Tricaster.

The one issue would be were could you squeeze the script panel?

JNielsen
12-21-2009, 04:00 PM
We need to be able to insert script commands in the stream as well. ALL of our webcasts require accompanying syncronised slides.

At the moment we try to limit use to recording and then make it available for on demand viewing with syncronised slides. But a bit disappointing now that we have a Tricaster BC.
When we need to stream live, we recommend viewers to download and print the slides in advance. When viewing slides in the video picture with iVGA, viewers often can't read it due to the low resolution. Low tech, and not a pro solution I think.

It ought to be rather simple yes. I downloaded the SDK, read the docs. and wrote a little app to insert script commands within hours. NewTek developers should be able to do so as well, hopefully.
It appears the TriCaster does not launch WME to encode and stream. At least I can't see the process in the task list. I guess it means it encodes inproc, and then the WME interfaces might not be available. Or???
Can someone from NewTek enlighten us. How is this working, is the WME COM objects available to insert script commands into the TriCaster live stream. Or does TC have an API of it's own? Or is it not possible at all with TC?

I found this old thread: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56549
It seems it has been requested before years ago. Probably not something NewTek plans to implement then.

Where to squeeze in the script panel? Easy, add another tab at the bottom third of the screen. However the TC operator does not have time to insert lots of commands. Why not allow the operator to enable the feature, then script commands could be inserted via an API. Alternatively iVGA could have a new sibling, iPowerPoint / iPresentation or something, to pick up slide changes at the presentation computer.

A decent solution can be found here: http://dada.cs.washington.edu/dl/tools/script_command_control/
But unfortunately it seems not to work with current version of WME, and assumeingly not with TC either then.

stenka
12-23-2009, 08:01 AM
To start off im thanking for all the good moments with TC Studio...
Im hoping that in the future Newtek will have the wisdom to listen to the users.
I sense stiffness thats unbecoming to the company.

The use for modifications to the TC Virtual Studio templates would help me a lot.
The audio whining.
The (old?) codecs problems that made editing an unbearable choir.
And some other small things made me choose another solution for main work.
Ill be watching Newtek and wish you all the best Holidays.