PDA

View Full Version : Recent Files/Recent Scenes/Incremental...

IMI
11-26-2009, 02:30 AM
In Modeler 9.6 it's only considered to be a "recent file" if it's actually been opened. In Layout 9.6 it's a "recent scene" the moment it's been saved. The Layout way is good, the Modeler way is bad.

That is to say, you can make a model in Modeler and save it out as "MyCrappyModel.lwo" and it will immediately be in the recent files list. However, if you do an incremental save it becomes "MyCrappyModel_v001.lwo", and that does not go into the recent files list automatically. And if you open Modeler the next time, you'll only see "MyCrappyModel.lwo" in the list, even though you might be up to version 007 or so of it, i.e., "MyCrappyModel_v007.lwo.
That kind of defeats the purpose of having a recent files list. If I want to open Modeler and just get started where I left off on "MyCrappyModel.lwo" I have to browse to the Content folder and select the last version.
Then THAT version will be in the recent files list, but any further increments will not...and so it goes.

In Layout, all scene files are saved to the recent scenes list, full versions as well as incremental, and that's the way it should be.
No, I didn't just notice this - it's been bugging me for a while now - I just finally got around to saying something about it. :)

Soth
11-26-2009, 06:25 PM
+1

Dexter2999
11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Agreed.