PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Snosrap
11-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Something I've been working on the last few days. I searched for as much info as I could find about the Wii on the internet as I don't own one myself. I'd like to know how well I managed to capture the "essence" of the Wii from those of you who own one or have seen and played one.

Larry_g1s
11-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Ha! This is one I've wanted to do before too, nice work bud. The model looks solid. My critic would be a bit higher amount of light in the scene for a brighter image.

Mark The Great
11-27-2009, 12:48 AM
I think that, on the modeling front, it looks very good.

A couple things about the controller, though.

The "A" button should be transparent, with a concave "A" label just about in line with the surface of the controller.

See this image:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Wii_Remote_Image.jpg

Also, those lights represent the player number (far left is one, far right is four). Only one light is usually on.

Snosrap
11-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info Mark The Great. I never ran across that reference image- much appreciated.

doimus
11-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Also, the material on your Wii looks more like aluminium rather than plain (cheap) white plastic. I wish real Wii was like yours. :)

THREEL
11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Nice job, Snos!

BTW--You can play virtual ping pong on these. Haha!

We still have to get together for the real deal, one of these days.

Snosrap
11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Also, the material on your Wii looks more like aluminium rather than plain (cheap) white plastic. I wish real Wii was like yours. :)

Thanks. I finally saw one in person this weekend. They're pretty neat. I'll make some adjustments.