PDA

View Full Version : looking for a lscript but you cant find?

Svenart
11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi,

Im looking for some ideas for my next few lscripts...

If you have any ideas for useful lscripts that can help you with your work (but you cannot find them anywhere), please let me know.

11-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I could use a spline deformer similar to the one we have now, except that it worked like the animation path wind... so that it would use cloned children of itself as the handles of the deformer... also so you could scale the handles and it would effect mesh... like the path wind is now, but a deformer for a mesh.

OnlineRender
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
hmmm trying to think of something constructive ....

Layer modifer stack ..........
360 Auto Camera Track on centre of object .......
Fluids :)
sorry Im sure someone with a better understanding will post :P Good Luck

biliousfrog
11-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Could you give an idea of what you'd define as an lscript opposed to a plugin, what restrictions there might be, any particular area that you'd prefer, commercial or free...etc.

As an example I use Distance Scale on a regular basis and is what I tend to consider an lscript, something small, basic, almost like a macro. On the other hand I use Maestro occassionally and it is almost a complete package in it's own right, far beyond what I thought possible.

I just want to gauge what you're looking for and expecting to develop.

Svenart
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
thank you all for the feedback and ideas so far.

@biliousfrog: Good question.. for me, the difference between plugin and lscript is the language (lscript for lscripts or c+ using lwsdk for plugins). Maybe you can also call a lscript a plugin, if its very complex, but im not sure...

If free or commercial is not so important for me. More important is that the scripts are useful additions to lightwave and can help to make the process of creating scenes or models faster or more comfortable. So any idea is generally welcome.

Titus
11-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Some people is asking for an luxrender exporter.

Svenart
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
thats a nice idea, but maybe a little bit much work... also I dont think this would be possible in lscript, sorry. Im also looking to export from lw to luxrender to test it....

toby
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
How about something like : "Apply last command to all selected" script, for things that don't work with multi-selection?

Svenart
11-27-2009, 09:04 AM
thats a really good idea, but unfortunately its not possible to do this with Lscript..

sandman300
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
How about undo selection (undo action but only on selected polys, points, ect.)

toby
11-27-2009, 01:49 PM
thats a really good idea, but unfortunately its not possible to do this with Lscript..
They got close to it at digital domain, there was/is a way to get the last command used ("command list"?) and they had something that would apply to all selected; it was a 2-step process. Actually I'm not sure it was lscript, rather than c/c++ :oye:

RebelHill
11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
well, my rigs are just about designed to fit any biped, and can be copied/repositioned between characters... theres a lot of components that need to be lined up, but if u wanted to find a way to script all the parts to slot into place thus creating an autorigger....

flashover
11-27-2009, 01:52 PM
A 3d painter :D look FI's UVChalk is good but is so old...
Visual pose preset for rigs!
Multi cage deformer...like lattice deform!

walfridson
11-27-2009, 02:34 PM
How about something like : "Apply last command to all selected" script, for things that don't work with multi-selection?
Take a look at ef MultiService
http://people.dsv.su.se/~dan-dulb/evenflow3d/index.php

h2oStudios
11-27-2009, 03:01 PM
well, my rigs are just about designed to fit any biped, and can be copied/repositioned between characters... theres a lot of components that need to be lined up, but if u wanted to find a way to script all the parts to slot into place thus creating an autorigger....

:agree: I second that. It would save a ish load of time having a script for that.

toby
11-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Take a look at ef MultiService
http://people.dsv.su.se/~dan-dulb/evenflow3d/index.php
Nice! If only it worked... :P

geo_n
11-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Looking for a light lister for lw for a long time.
Something like this http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/

Svenart
11-28-2009, 12:07 PM
@ geo n: thank you. Do you mean the "one touch light editor"? It looks nice. But as far as I know, you already can do this selecting the objects in sceneeditor and than changing values for all selected lights in light editor. But If Im wrong, please le me know.

Svenart
11-28-2009, 12:43 PM
...otherwise, I think this is a pretty good idea if I would add some "special" options... :) I begin to like this

digefxgrp
11-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Here's an old idea of mine that a friend was going to turn into a plugin for me, but he got hired away and we’ve ended up losing touch.

I found three images I had provided him to better illustrate the results I was looking for, as well as an interface mock-up.

The working name we came up with was Rivet Plate, but basically it is just a cloning tool that would created a row of “detail” inset along the inner parameter of any selected polygon. Originally we talked about having the plugin create just simple poly-shapes (as rivets), but expanded the idea to also include hemispherical rivets and even the possibility of loading an object and using that for each “rivet”. That way screw-heads, bolt-heads, or anything else could be used. It’d be a fast way to add detail plating to things like spaceships, tanks, whatever.

If this were something you’d like to tackle I’d love to see it happen.

Svenart
11-28-2009, 05:11 PM
thats really a nice idea... thank you. It seems now I have much to do the next days :) Im now working on this lightmanager, after this I will give your idea a try.

geo_n
11-28-2009, 07:21 PM
@ geo n: thank you. Do you mean the "one touch light editor"? It looks nice. But as far as I know, you already can do this selecting the objects in sceneeditor and than changing values for all selected lights in light editor. But If Im wrong, please le me know.

Yes that one. With scene editor some things are possible but you need to have light properties open at the same time with scene editor. You can change some settings globally like colors, intensity,etc. But others you can't change. For example I want to change a group of lights to area lights,linear falloff, affect diffuse. And another group of lights to spot, inverse falloff, etc. I don't think its possible with scene editor. This is very tedious with many many lights.

erikals
11-29-2009, 04:48 AM

10 votes!!

3dworks
11-30-2009, 02:16 AM
i've submitted to sven a request for a better 'load objects from scene' tool.

unfortunately, the native LW plugin is completely useless when loading complex scenes with hierarchies or rigged object complexes, because it is displaying all items in a simple plain list, so all groupings/hierarchies are hidden and you cannot identify object groups anymore.

the new tool could help us to display the list hierarchically as in the scene editor, and load a complete group of objects (parent and children) by simply selecting a parent. imo it would be only necessary to support LWO scene objects, because for picking all other scene elements the native LW plugin is OK and probably the script would be much easier to code this way.

what do you think about this idea? any votes for it? n any case it would make it much more easy to use pre-rigged object groups as scene components in LW, which is absolutely fundamental when doing complex archviz scenes. i'm dealing nearly every day with this workflow problem...

cheers

markus

H_Molla
11-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Render Layer Manager...

geothefaust
11-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Render Layer Manager... Seconded.

Could make a Lscript that emails you when a render is complete? That would be cool.

geo_n
11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Render Layer Manager...

I had requested a quick pass render manager for kray something that's quick and easy to use. But if someone else can do it :thumbsup:

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9259/quickpasses.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/quickpasses.jpg/)

rso
12-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Im looking for some ideas for my next few lscripts...

If you have any ideas for useful lscripts that can help you with your work (but you cannot find them anywhere), please let me know.

Hi,

I am currently looking for a solution that conveniently lets me select multiple morphmaps to be deleted. I don't want to delete all morphs, but quite a bunch. And it it is quite tedious going through all morphs in the list individually, selecting and deleting one after the other ...

Svenart
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
This render layer idea sounds interesting. Can anybody explain this a little bit so I understand better the idea behind is? Hasnt someone already created a layer render manager for lw some time ago?

the morphmaps idea should not be too hard to realize. I will try it soon. Why do you need so often/so much to delete morphmaps?

toby
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
This render layer idea sounds interesting. Can anybody explain this a little bit so I understand better the idea behind is? Hasnt someone already created a layer render manager for lw some time ago?

the morphmaps idea should not be too hard to realize. I will try it soon. Why do you need so often/so much to delete morphmaps?
The ability to delete multiple map (of all kinds) has been requested many many times, I think there's plugins out there already that do that.

geo_n
12-01-2009, 06:01 PM

I dont think there is one that is this simple. The only ones I know are passport and janus. I tried janus and it is a bit complicated to get quick passes.
The mock up and workflow is from max and it is so easy to use and understand.
select objects/groups to be rendered and select each pass you want. You can also check unselected objects that would affect the rendered objects reflection, shadows,etc.

Here's the quickpass script for max so it explains more. I use it daily with max.
http://www.ardakutlu.com/scripts.html

Svenart
12-02-2009, 11:23 AM
thank you for the information :) I think you are right, this would be too much work.

Andrewstopheles
12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
How about something to convert morphed animation into vertex data? When I export morphed animation into VRML it doesnt retain any animation data. Other software packages export to VRML with vertex animations intact. Don't know if this is beyond the scope of what you're going to do, but it would sure be nice!

walfridson
12-02-2009, 01:38 PM
How about something to convert morphed animation into vertex data? When I export morphed animation into VRML it doesnt retain any animation data. Other software packages export to VRML with vertex animations intact. Don't know if this is beyond the scope of what you're going to do, but it would sure be nice!

Normal animation works fine? Tried MDD?

geo_n
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
thank you for the information :) I think you are right, this would be too much work.

F11 does this for selected objects but doesn't take account of unseen objects or unselected objects.

Another idea. A pseudo flocking birds script. I don't know if there's a script to copy an objects motion, randomize the xyz pos, rot, and change objects animation curve, position in the timeline.
A position constraint that will be randomized and you will specify the number of object clones.

oobievision
12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Well how about a clone tool that clones an object along a normal chain

geo_n
12-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Here's a script for bird flock. Do we have this in lw? Just have a path constraint and run the script. You can specify many variable in the script.

1 bird with path
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5073/beforezc.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/i/beforezc.jpg/)

clones in path varation and timeline variation
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7762/afterz.th.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/afterz.jpg/)

Svenart
12-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I also had this idea about making a script for birds or butterflies some years ago, but I thought nobody would need this because of the flocking birds tutorial... But now that you also suggested this, I will think about. I think it should not be too complicated to create this. Is there anyone else interested in such a script?

@ oobievision: Do you mean clone along a spline (you can clone onto splines with sumatra)? Or what do you mean with chain?

geo_n
12-04-2009, 06:52 AM
I also had this idea about making a script for birds or butterflies some years ago, but I thought nobody would need this because of the flocking birds tutorial... But now that you also suggested this, I will think about. I think it should not be too complicated to create this. Is there anyone else interested in such a script?

@ oobievision: Do you mean clone along a spline (you can clone onto splines with sumatra)? Or what do you mean with chain?

The problem I had with particles is that they all have either constant speed or if they have random speed they are not facing the same general directions. Lol. I think Mr. Rid also posted this problem a while back.

oobievision
12-04-2009, 07:00 AM
I mean along a normal so if the chain happens to turn and twist it clones it toward the poly normal adding the normals rotation and what not, kinda like this but just selecting the polys I want and clones the object to where I want with out deforming it.

Svenart
12-04-2009, 07:21 AM
If I understood you right, you already can do this with sumatra (cloning onto polys with using the normal for rotation). Please take a look at the image.

You can test sumatra if you want, there is a free demo version available here:

http://svenart.de/sumatra_about.htm

geo_n
12-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I mean along a normal so if the chain happens to turn and twist it clones it toward the poly normal adding the normals rotation and what not, kinda like this but just selecting the polys I want and clones the object to where I want with out deforming it.

Check out for cloning along normals
http://www.artssphere.com/plugins.php

Cageman
12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Nice! If only it worked... :P

I suggest you contact Dan and let him know what you tried to do.

oobievision
12-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Check out for cloning along normals
http://www.artssphere.com/plugins.php

Oh man thanks allot that's exactly what I need!!

Sumatra looks good but I think Clone+ is closer to what I need.

erikals
12-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh man thanks allot that's exactly what I need!!

Sumatra looks good but I think Clone+ is closer to what I need.

there is another cool plugin that does something simillar, can't recall the name though...

...but i believe there is also a commercial plugin frpm Pictrix that does this, it's call DPClone or something...