PDA

View Full Version : saslite reflecting

3dsimpso
11-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Im aware that saslite dosent like reflecting because its a post effect but does anyone have any tips on how to make a furry surface like saslite would create and make it reflect in another surface?

Help would be much appreciated.

JamesCurtis
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
If you're using 9.6 try FiberFX plugin. It does reflections - thought it can be a bit touchy as far as stability goes right now. Current 9.61 beta may resolve some issues.

OnlineRender
11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Is the camera moving or static ,if its static i would just cheat ,take a render from the angle you need and reflect it on the surface , or use a grass texture and spotlight ,set the light to only reflect on the object .... its difficult to tell , depends what you need !

SplineGod
11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Setup another camera from the reflections point of view, render that separately and map it back onto the reflection surface

shrox
11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Setup another camera from the reflections point of view, render that separately and map it back onto the reflection surface

Could render from surface work for the fake ref map? I have never used it myself.

SplineGod
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
It could work. T he CCTV shader might also work. Problem is that it seems that alot of these newer features are flakey or dont work well with some things like volumetrics. :)