PDA

View Full Version : Free Rigged LW Character

dstorer
11-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Hello all,

Here is a character that I made and rigged about a year ago.I have noticed the severe lack of free rigged models on the web, so I am freely distributing this for learning, personal works and demo reels. The model and scene's format is v9.6.1.

If you use this on your reels, please be honest and give the model and rig credits to me, Dale Storer. If you want to learn about rigging and expressions, please feel free to rip apart the scene file. I used a number of techniques in making this rig from Jonny Gordon to Proton - Thank you so much.

Please DO NOT redistribute or use this character in projects for profit without my written consent. Use this guy as a tool for learning or landing a job. Remember about the credits, you get the job for your animating skills, not taking the credit of others.

There are a few screen captures below of the joystick system for morph targets and expressions. This is ALL Lightwave with no plug-ins, fillers or trans fats (well, I may have used trans fats while modeling him). Be careful of foot location since the reverse foot rig stretches at the ankle.

There's also a quick walk cycle of Pawn. This is the original character. I removed the head adornments for your use (and so no one would lose an eye ~_^).

Otherwise, Enjoy, Learn and Prosper. Something that we really need in this current economical climate.

csquared63
11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Otherwise, Enjoy, Learn and Prosper. Something that we really need in this current economical climate.

It's always nice when someone restores your faith in humanity.

Thank you for that--and the model! :thumbsup:

ranhell
11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
thanks for sharing.....wavers rock....

OnlineRender
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
engage kiss *** mode ! cheers dude .

Soth
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
cheers mate!

probiner
11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Ty for giving a fish still hooked in the fishing rod. We will fish more http://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/wheee.gif

hrgiger
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Thank you, much appreciated!

RebelHill
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
how odd that this should appear today...

hrgiger
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM

Why is that?

Hieron
11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Please do explain RH.. why is it odd?

The rig is appreciated!

(and your tut's too RH!)

karlieman
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much!:thumbsup::lwicon:

OnlineRender
11-20-2009, 02:39 AM

?????????? what you got for us RebelHIll ????

JBT27
11-20-2009, 03:04 AM

Oh?? :)

I'm still going over and over your rigging tuts :)

What more goodness is coming? :D

Julian.

RebelHill
11-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Oh?? :)

I'm still going over and over your rigging tuts :)

What more goodness is coming? :D

Julian.

Nothing much...

www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103944

(may contain traces of threadjacking)

dstorer
11-20-2009, 05:45 AM

Hey RH,
So that's what it is? I posted on a whim and came in a day early? I made mine over a year ago from Tuts online. I'm sure your rig is probably gonna be way better than mine, seeing one of your vids a while back.
Maybe you should approach the 11 second club (still waiting for a response for my offer) to post it there - they have no Lightwave rigs on their site. That was one of the main reasons for me putting this guy out. Keep up the great work!

Everyone else: Thanks so much. I hope that you can use this guy and learn something or move ahead in some fashion. Remember, I made the rig from the Jonny Gordon books (Volume 2) and Proton's vids on this site. So if you are confused, you may want to try there for a base to start from. Otherwise, I made Selection sets In SE for the bone chains, or just move to frame 10, click on a controller or bone and mess around.

kjones3d
05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
dstorer,

I'm still fairly new to LW and I'm trying to learn more from your rig, but it is lagging really bad on my machine.
I'm running a Xeon 3.2 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and a 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro video card, and there's about a two second delay from my input to the response from the rig, even in wireframe view.

It seems like other people are using this rig with some success, so i'm wondering if there something in my settings that's slowing this thing down so much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

dstorer
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
kjones: Sorry about getting back to you so late. Just getting back and noticed ur post. One thing that will make LW lag is showing Motion Paths. You can turn it off in the display settings on the OpenGL tab. When I was working on a gig lately, that was killing my regen rates...

Otherwise, you can try upgrading your Vid card and RAM.

See if that helps. That's if you are still messing with it.

zapper1998
01-07-2011, 10:10 AM
yes thank you