PDA

View Full Version : Aura with XD300

cbudrecki
11-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I have animated wipes (DigitalJuice Swipes!) that I'd like to use on a tricaster, but I'm told the only way to use them is to run them through Aura, which is only available with VT5 (which I don't have), then load them onto TC. If this Aura program were available with the XD300, that'd be very helpful.

joseburgos
12-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't think it would since the Transition plug-in for Aura creates an SD transition only. I would prefer the plug-in be written for After Effects plug-in format which a few programs except. This plus the LiveSet plug-in as well as a Title Template plug-in, would eliminate the Aura program all together.
They have to develop new plug-ins anyway just to incorporate HD so why not break them off.

My .02 cents,

radams
12-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Hm, Hi Guys,

Jose, that's not a bad suggestion...but I also want to see a bit more for the post side of production...and an Aura or production paint application is a needed to complete the NT workflows both for LIVE and for POST work.

Yes, I would also like to see better integration with both Adobe Suite and Final Cut Studio...but I also want NT workflow to be able to stand on it's own. Without requiring another companies app.

We need to have built into the TCXD apps and utilities that allow us the users and other third parties to be able to create and program effects, wipes, etc...To include shadows on LIVE sets too...which Aura was used for.

I would love to see a better suite of tools both 2D, 3D, that would help to create all of this more easily and interactively without the need to jump through hoops...or pain staking encoding etc.

I don't expect to see this overnight...but I hope that this will be given a deeper look see and thought process.

As it stands now...Aura is NOT capable to properly support the Floating point color space of TCXD...as for HD resolution...not an issue...but the plugin would have to be updated...it is more the issue of colorspace support...from what I understand...there are probably more issues as well.

Cheers

nevmoor
06-07-2010, 12:47 PM
To revive these thoughts, What is the current plan of action for custom wipes on the TCXD series? Or did I miss an announcement or something?
To clarify, this is not about 3D DVEs, just wipes. This has always been a good way for me to make extra $ and more professional looking productions for clients.

kltv
06-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I would prefer the plug-in be written for After Effects plug-in format which a few programs except.

I would LOVE that. All I ever do now is export movies from After Effects for Aura to compile. I'd love to be able to just export it from AE.

Kris

ZachSchuster
06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I would vote "YES" to an AE plug-in as well!

radams
06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

Yeah an AE plug in would be helpful...but a more complete workflow within the NT apps with some additional tools/ utilities I think would be better in the long run.

One of the things that people miss is that Aura worked with realtime playbacks and in many cases interactive controls...something that AE still doesn't fully support.

Also I think that we need not just transitional tools...but DVE, 3D, etc...which needs to be built into NT's products...along with utilities...that help to automate and build shows...and FXs...

but with interactive realtime controls.

Cheers,