PDA

View Full Version : The Tricaster Monster now has wings and flying HIGH !!!

TIMECARE
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
After a long time of design and hard work, I have the pleasure to announce the new 6-cameras OB Unit. Based on the Newtek Tricaster Studio, this system makes Directing and Videographing at Live Productions much easy than ever. It is packed with a lot of features among which are 'Tally' and 'Talk-back' both ways. The beauty of it all is that every camera and the OB Unit are linked together by a single Cat5e cable. It also has 'Return Video of program out or any of the other cameras on the set' to facilitate the picture composition by the camera persons. To see all this at work together with more specifications and details, watch these 2 clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP1RRqHg7Pk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14dqiFDp1Y

I hope you enjoy what you see and would love to have your comments.

DeanAU
11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Thats pretty neat!

Are you planning to sell these kits?

SBowie
11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Very tidy, great attention to detail - congratulations!

nogometas
11-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Congratulations TIMECARE!

Now we know that your "absence" was well worth it. The set up is awesome and the demos are not bad either.

nogometas

csandy
11-19-2009, 10:30 PM
VERY nice work! I remember looking at your schematics. Good to see you made it to a working product. BTW, I'll be in your lovely country in a couple of weeks.

TIMECARE
11-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks all those for their remarks and comments. I am receiving a lot of private enquiries about which cameras can take this camera back kit. The answer is simple. Any camera having a v-mount. Normally all cameras have the necessary composite and svhs outputs. Because i come from a land very far away from most of the forum members, it is very difficult for me to produce these kits and offer them for sale. But if i find somebody willing to do this venture with me, I am open for offers. Who knows? The OB Unit too is also is a very economic masterpiece. This set up is good enough for a small tv station thanks to the TRICASTER.

TIMECARE
11-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Although the OB Unit is originally thought to be based on the TRICASTER STUDIO, the latter is not embedded in the console. Apart from many others, one important reason is when there is malfunction of one set and a quick change over to a stanby one will be needed. Also, the unit by itself could be used with a third party desktop switcher/mixer with tally facilities. As one can see in the attached photos, the unit has its own patching panel. I am trying to answer all private calls here just in case of similar queries from other forum members.

wbd12
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Very impressive! Excellent design and looks very functional. I'm very interested in selling the system. Any dealer info on it yet?

sbrandt
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Su-weeet.
With gear like that, one could be mistaken for a professional!

Oh well, something else to work toward.

Is that Malta as in Idaho, or Malta as in..... .....the island!

nogometas
12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
It's definitely not Idaho. OB is something used to describe non studio setup outside of US.

Quiet1onTheSet
12-21-2009, 01:30 PM
It's definitely not Idaho. OB is something used to describe non studio setup outside of US.What, pray tell, does the O. and the B. Stand for, in the context Timecare is using it? And also, does the name for an "Obie" light have anything to do with that? Just curious.

Utterly fantastic work, there Timecare!

Q1

rally1
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Outside Broadcast