PDA

View Full Version : Animation issues

Otterman
11-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Oo heck...

Ive been doing some tests with refraction and im getting some pretty tasty results. However now ive tired rendering out a few frames over the renderfarm and ive come up against a couple of issues. Its left me scratching my head?

1. Ive used static procedurals as a bump map on the floor...each node seems to work them out differently.....?

2. Also, seems that a couple of frames have been rendered differently...ie, a heck of alot brighter.

Anyone come across this before and know how to resolve it?

toby
11-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Yes that is a problem with some procedurals. I think it's any that uses fractal noise? One solution is to bake the procedural into a texture map. Nice looking ice!

Otterman
11-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Hey toby...that figures. I used dented, just swapped it for Fbm instead and now it renders consistantly ta v much!

Im still having problems with the light flickering. Ive narrowed it down to one machine not loading the Imageworldmap. I dont understand, the machine is setup exactly the same as the rest....same paths etc...

Any suggestions to combat this?

toby
11-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Er, that's a new one to me. Maybe re-load the plugin?

Btw are you using a light probe image with Imageworld, if not, it won't map correctly.

4dartist
11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey Otterman, how are things? Nice to see you still crankin' out work. I have had similar issues with you and submitted bug reports on it. I think they closed my ticket because they couldn't reproduce it or something.. The problem I have is with any procedurals that use noise types, like 'perlin noise'. They have a pull down to change from perlin to other noise types. I've noticed sometimes other noise types won't have the issue. Like 'value noise'. It's unfortunate for sure, because those are some of the best procedurals, especially dented.

As for the image world issue, I couldn't help, I've never used it. Hope you get it squared away!

Hieron
11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
yep Perlin noise issues here too.

Annoying bugger to find when you got loads of procedurals somewhere and only see it when the farm is already working on the renders.

Afaik this is reported a long time ago already.

Otterman
11-20-2009, 02:49 AM
Hey fellas thanks for the posts. Yeah Ben im still waving and busier than ever. Keep meaning to post some new stuff up.

This procedural bug is a major pitfall-surprised its not been addressed by newtek. Ok im gonna avoid them from now on. Thanks for the info anyways, i would of hated to of found this out after a whole weekends worth of rendering.