PDA

View Full Version : Internal buffers to small for boolean?

objuan
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
What does that mean?

I'm trying to import some logo graphics from AI, via an older .eps format, and the EPSF loader in modeler.

It seems to bring in everything I want, but it can't deal with holes in anything, like the letter 'a'. If i try to boolean or drill the objects myself it complains about lacking Internal Buffers.... ???

Waa?

They are not complex objects. Pretty much just 12 letters slightly tweaked.

is there some alternate better pipeline to bring in shapes from AI?

Nicolas Jordan
11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Sounds like you don't have enough RAM available to perform the Boolean function. I have come across this before a few times usually when I try doing a Boolean on a high density mesh. Try whatever you can to free up RAM and try it again. I'm not sure if there is any difference between Speed Boolean and the regular Boolean tool but you may also want to try both of them.

Kuzey
11-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Try tripling the n-gons and see if that helps. It could be an n-gon with too many points. Or perhaps, both objects have points in the same location/space....move one a fraction.

Just a guess.

Kuzey

Tobian
11-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Ok

1) which version of LW 9.X are you using? Some of the versions of LW had this error commonly. Make sure you have the current (LW 9.6) which I haven't encountered this error on (yet).

2) Try slicing the letters using the Julienne2 tool or manually using the knife, then perform the boolean/drill operation. This should fix the issue, as it sounds like you have created Ngons with too many points (I say you did this, the software did, but it's your problem all the same :D)

2a) If you do the second option, make sure you use the multishift/vertibevel tools to perforum subsequent beveling options, as they will happilly do group beveling modes (which you will have if you cut it up).