PDA

View Full Version : New email scam

shrox
11-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Here's a new one. One of our troops in Iraq has found a treasure! He his hidden it away, and if only I send him the money to ship it by freight to the US, he will split it with me! Man, I can't wait! I'll bet it's full of Spanish doubloons and diamond encrusted royal crowns and goblets!

AdamAvenali
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
that is much more fun than the standard 'my foreign great uncle has died and left me 5,000,000,000 and all i need to do to get it is send my name, address and social security number' that i get daily haha

biliousfrog
11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
wasn't that the basis for a film with george clooney?...3 kings?

shrox
11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
wasn't that the basis for a film with george clooney?...3 kings?

That's exactly what I thought.

borkus
11-17-2009, 06:38 PM
My all-time favorite was an email from an FBI agent informing me that I was under investigation for having been in cahoots with terrorists... I'll give credit where credit is due and the vernacular was outstanding. However, he did not feel that I was guilty of this and he would try his utmost to clear my name. All I had to do was supply my name, number, address, social security card, and any credit cards so that he could monitor them to see if my identity had been stolen by a terrorist and determine if that was how I got put into the system for investigation. But, I was not to contact anyone but the person attached in the email, for he feared that there may have been terrorist agents embedded within the FBI itself. With the two of us working together, we would root out all evil and freedom would prevail!!! Yeah, that was a good one. I had all I could do to not give out my ex's info in appreciation for the valiant effort...

dandeentremont
11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I had a fun adventure with a guy who wanted some of my 3d work in exchange for a really sweet job in his Petrol/Real Estate/Movie company. IM chat attached. It's pretty tl;dr. Also, note that all statistics that I entered (like weekly pay and such) are completely made up.

Silkrooster
11-18-2009, 02:51 PM
My all-time favorite was an email from an FBI agent informing me that I was under investigation for having been in cahoots with terrorists... I'll give credit where credit is due and the vernacular was outstanding. However, he did not feel that I was guilty of this and he would try his utmost to clear my name. All I had to do was supply my name, number, address, social security card, and any credit cards so that he could monitor them to see if my identity had been stolen by a terrorist and determine if that was how I got put into the system for investigation. But, I was not to contact anyone but the person attached in the email, for he feared that there may have been terrorist agents embedded within the FBI itself. With the two of us working together, we would root out all evil and freedom would prevail!!! Yeah, that was a good one. I had all I could do to not give out my ex's info in appreciation for the valiant effort...

Now that one takes the cake. Everyone knows that they will not email you. You would just get a knock at the door.

JBT27
11-18-2009, 03:03 PM

I like that one :D

Whoever it was actually had some imagination, kind of - still a bit dim mind, but someone probably fell for it.

Julian.

SBowie
11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
You would just get a knock at the door.Cutbacks ... ;)