PDA

View Full Version : Help with LiveSet Generator

gegetrane
11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I need a hand here, please.
I'm following the tutorial but keep getting error messages :
" No plugin of type AnimSaveHandler found with name LiveSetGenerator" and "No plugin of type TextureHandler found with name LiveSetSurface".
I corrected an installation error (not mine) and placed the Live Set Surface Preset directory in the right place so the 2 surfaces appeared in the Preset Shelf (they didn't before that), but can't figure what other misplacement or install error may be there...
The first error message occurs when loading the scene, but the scene loads anyway. The second message occurs when I load the "video-surface-object" but it loads any way. I also get the 2nd message when trying to apply the "LiveSet Input" surface to the "Video_Surface, and I'm stuck there...

Any Idea anyone ??? Thanks for any help.

BTW I'm on Win XP 32 machine.

Gerald

gegetrane
11-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks anyway.
After reading a message in the other LiveSet forum, I tried to find other misplaced files, I did find some and was able to place them correctly.
This should be corrected so the Generator install finds the correct directory, or at least asks where to install.

Gerald

Elembemedia
12-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Where were they misplaced to? I have the same issue but cant track down the plugins.

scott.h
06-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I can't find the plugins either. Anyone know where they are?

scott.h
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I had the same issues with the plugins and the LiveSet Surface presets not loading as well (I assume because of the faulty installation). These sorts of things take hours of forum searching and fiddling around to fix. It would be good to fix this or to make a note of this during installation to save new users of this headache. thanks.

Rich-Potter
08-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Did anyone find the answer to this?

Tim H.
08-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi all,

The LiveSet plugin installer doesn't select the correct install location by default. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what needed to be changed, but check it carefully before clicking "Next" or "OK."

When the correct path is manually chosen, it will properly install all of the files in the correct place.

Sorry that I cannot be more specific, but I think this will lead you in the right direction. I don't want to test it on my system...and risk the possibility of screwing up my installation!

All the best,
Tim

Rich-Potter
08-20-2010, 09:20 AM
hi tim, thanks for your reply,

the way i did it in the end was to create a separate directory, then copy the plugins accross into the correct folders, which seemed to work.