PDA

View Full Version : Multishift problem using Kurv's Viper Tutorial

wtdedula
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello All;
For some reason, I am unable to post to the Viper Modeling section of the Kurv website so I'm posting here.

I've been working on the Viper Modeling tutorial and I am stuck on a certain step in the modeling process because the Multishift tool doesn't seem to produce the correct result while detailing the fuselage in 03_Fuselage_Detail.mov. When I invoke the multishift tool about half way through this video, it seems like Inset works but shift doesn't work correctly. I am using LW 9.6 whereas the tutorial was done using LW 8.5. I'm sure I can get the task completed using one of the other tools but I am fustrated that I can't get the specified tool working correctly.

I did select "Group Polygons" as one of the Kurv/Viper Forum messages suggested but I still didn't seem to end up with the results shown in the video.

Anyone know what may be happening here ? Thanks.

Tim

ramccombe
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Hello All;
For some reason, I am unable to post to the Viper Modeling section of the Kurv website so I'm posting here.

I've been working on the Viper Modeling tutorial and I am stuck on a certain step in the modeling process because the Multishift tool doesn't seem to produce the correct result while detailing the fuselage in 03_Fuselage_Detail.mov. When I invoke the multishift tool about half way through this video, it seems like Inset works but shift doesn't work correctly. I am using LW 9.6 whereas the tutorial was done using LW 8.5. I'm sure I can get the task completed using one of the other tools but I am fustrated that I can't get the specified tool working correctly.

I did select "Group Polygons" as one of the Kurv/Viper Forum messages suggested but I still didn't seem to end up with the results shown in the video.

Anyone know what may be happening here ? Thanks.

Tim

One thing I found out about multishift is that the Inset: and Shift: pulldown menu options have a big affect on how the tool works. For example I find setting inset to "flat" and shift to "local point normal" works best for me on most things. I would experiment with those settings. Hope this helps.:thumbsup: