PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading object into layer!

sean hargreaves
11-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I have an object in layer one and cannot load another prebuilt object into layer 2 using 'load object into layer' in modeller.
When I attempt to do that it says 'unable to open object file'.
Yet, I can load that same object on its own, it just won't let me load it as a layer.

s

probiner
11-15-2009, 12:30 PM
why not open the object, copy and paste in layer 2?

sean hargreaves
11-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Because it won't open the second object.
I already have one object in layer one. I want object 2 to load. It won't load, thats the problem.

s

probiner
11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Yet, I can load that same object on its own, it just won't let me load it as a layer.

s

This is what confuses me. You say you can open on its own, so its not one of those opening object errors right? So you can open the second object on its own, right?

sean hargreaves
11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Thats correct.
I have object 1, and object 2. Both of them load on their own, into layer 1. But if I have object 1 already loaded, and want to load object 2 into the second layer it won't load.

s

toby
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
You can of course open them normally then copy-paste them into the same object though, right? Aside from that, try it with some other objects, maybe one of those models is funky, try deleting preference files, or try it in the other version of LW; CFM or UB. I just tried UB, it seems to work as advertised. You can also dowload the newest 9.6.1 beta if it still doesn't work.

sean hargreaves
11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Toby, how do I delete preference files?

s

sean hargreaves
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
...also Toby, how can I copy and paste one object into another when only one will open?

Oh, the pain, the pain!

s

sean hargreaves
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Wierd! I took my object sub folders out of a main folder and put them on my desktop and now it seem like I can multiple load.

Something about paths maybe........??

toby
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
That's really strange, glad you found a fix.

h2oStudios
11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Wierd! I took my object sub folders out of a main folder and put them on my desktop and now it seem like I can multiple load.

Something about paths maybe........??

Weird.

Maybe an issue of content directories? I dunno, try under "File dropdown", Edit dropdown> Set Content Directory> "your directory of choice" And see if that helps.