PDA

View Full Version : Updating dongle IDs for plugins from Mac to PC

aa1037
11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Maybe some of you who use both a Mac and a PC and have a purple duo-dongle can help me out?

I primarily use a Mac but I'm in the process of installing Lightwave 9.6 on a PC and will be using both Windows XP Pro (32 bit) and Windows 7 Pro (64 bit).

I realize that because of the type of dongle I have it will return a different lock ID (it did) than what I use on the Mac for the PC installs. What is necessary to do (if anything) for plugins currently tied to my Mac dongle ID that I'd like to use in the PC environment (FPrime for example)?

I'd like to maintain the use of plugins on both platforms if possible (and the vendor allows). I'd also like to use a workflow that some of you may share where I can model on the Mac and render on the 64 bit PC.

Thanks in advance :)

gatz
11-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Most plugin makers will give you a PC key. Most of my money was in Worley plugs and they didn't have a problem with the Duo key. There're even authors that no longer sell their plugs that will give you a new code. There are a couple that want to charge for a second copy. I just avoid those now. I don't have any experience with 64bit installs so there could be issues with that alone.