PDA

View Full Version : Disney's recycled animation

dwburman
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Someone cut together scenes from a few of Disney's older animated features. The video is kind of amusing.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d56_1239148671

cresshead
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
we saw same thread a few months back

dwburman
11-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I must've missed it. Oh well, move along. Nothing to see here. :)

probiner
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I havent seen it, thanks for pointing it.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Ah well. With budgets for those films already bloated...why bother improving on perfection?

rkpdesign
11-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Having studied and done traditional animation with cel drawing, it's easy to forget how time-consuming and difficult 2D animation was 'back-in-the-day'.

What I remember was endless hours trying to get poses and animation to flow...and that was just for a second of animation.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Having studied and done traditional animation with cel drawing, it's easy to forget how time-consuming and difficult 2D animation was 'back-in-the-day'.

What I remember was endless hours trying to get poses and animation to flow...and that was just for a second of animation.

Absolutely. Instead of pushing play and making real-time adjustments, it took days before they could review and refine their timing...

toby
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Interesting, but even people who do commercials don't realize what it takes to do hundreds and hundreds of shots for one show, and disney does between 1 and 2 *thousand* shots per movie. Compare that to Scooby-Doo or something, with the majority of animation being completely unretouched from one episode to another. Saying that Disney's a "ripoff" is whining at best.

nanaboso
11-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm so pleased to find that this was not another "let's talk trash about Disney" thread. After all, everyone doing animation today, be it traditional animation or cg, should be ever so thankful to the animators of Disney way back then. We all use the techniques they discovered and developed.