PDA

View Full Version : my first try on HDRI

southparx
09-01-2003, 08:31 AM
hi friends, i did a scene for fun, wanting to know how to render using HDRI radiosity, so here i will attach the image... nothing fancy i'm just a newbie.

a few questions i would like to ask though, i had some troubles when setting the reflection maps, couldn't really remember how coz it was quite some time ago, but when i put the reflection map to the same image as the HDR image (it's the building probe picture that comes within LW directory/images), it was really hard to get the bottom part of the as reflective as the top...
is it because of the image's shiniest part is on top and the bottom part is not shiny? (the image has a very bright light coming from the sky and the bottom part is just road).
i gave up on tweaking the shininess, so hmm... anyone have any idea what i'm talking about?

well all for all it was done hehe, so please throw me critiques on whatever things should improve it, feel free to comment about any stuffs you think unpleasing... i won't feel insulted or whatever, cause i really wanna improve my lightwave skill :)

many thanx in advance, take care

Jimzip
09-02-2003, 08:01 PM
You might need a different view, it's kind of hard to make out the object. I know it's a watch but front on views are never that good at showing your objects!

Maybe put the thread in the WIP forum too, you'll get more response there!
I'd like to see it when it's finished.

Jimzip :D

southparx
09-06-2003, 01:55 PM
hi jimzip, thanx for replying.. well i was only trying around and it turned out quite nice (for my level at least),

hmm probably i'll take ur suggestion and do some more on this one, but right now my classes are taking pretty much all my time.

i guess see ya till then, take care

richpr
09-06-2003, 02:34 PM
What's the time on that watch? ;)