PDA

View Full Version : Dr Relativity Feature request :) - Also ANIMATION LAYERS Feat. Request :)

silviotoledo
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Tried to use Dr. Relativity Motion Blender to produce LAYER ANIMATION, but it only blends objects, doesn't blend bones :(. Sad.

Another problem is that relativity update is latter, after timeline reload.

at the end I also would have to apply relativity expression to each bone...

We really need animation layer in LW. Any chance to have a plugin?

SEE SAMPLE SCENE ATTACHED

silviotoledo
11-13-2009, 06:35 AM
New scene file attached showing how use Reativity to blend between MOCAP animation and KEY-FRAME animation.

Problems are discussed in the scene files.

It works fine for bones ( I thought no, but Larry Splinegod remembered me it can ).

If someone at comunity would be able to write an script to automate the process of bone link, we would have layers animation in lightwave.

Any ideas about how doing relativity update in realtime?

Scene attached

silviotoledo
11-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Next test I wanna know how does IK sends the motion to relativity. Probably the bones will not transfer move, once they're not keyed.

UnCommonGrafx
11-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Turn on Relativity Real-time -- there's a setting in the "additional" list. Or so it used to be.
But the timeline-rock may still be needed.

RebelHill
11-13-2009, 09:30 AM
A nice trick, but you dont need relativity to do it, it can be done using LWs own expressions.

Problem, as you note, is that you need a whole second setup (rig) to plug into (or on top of) the main animation rig... and even then you've only got one "layer"....

Its a FAR cry from what I would call layered animation.

ZE_COLMEIA
11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I think that its a strange workflow too, i would prefer an improve in motion mixer to really mix the animation layers by the sum of the values of each channel of each iten of the actor and the timeline animation of the actor as well.

Just an opinion.

silviotoledo
11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I use relativity 'cause I'm not familiar with LW script sintax.

Yeah, it's too far from Layer Animation, but there's a way to automate the process.

A simple script can compare the same bone names and attach the expression automatically.

I'm trying to write this script but I'm not familiar with lw scripts. There's better programmers here at the forum that can do it quick.

I'm doing some tests with LW macro recorder.

Once we will not have layer animation until the CORE era, I think it's kind a solution, but need to try it with IK.

Netvudu
11-18-2009, 03:07 AM
What really kills me is that we HAD animation layers. It was a killer plugin called Keytrak, which did all that the current dopetrack does, and way more. It featured inside a single timeline all the dopetrack´s functionality (before the dopetrack even existed), plus selection sets with independent keyframes per set, plus animation layers per selection set. It was fantastic!! If you ask me, more comfortable than other software´s solutions. And then the company that was developing it disappeared and the plugin stopped working with newer versions of LW.
Later on we got this half-assed dopetrack that only copied the simplest part of what Keytrak originally did...

I would really pay for someone to update this plugin and make it work with current versions of LW.

In this spinquad thread you can see how both the person asking and Splinegod agreed back when the new scene editor and Dopesheet appeared. They still liked Keytrak more. This remains true. It was way better than what we currently have.

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1617

UnCommonGrafx
11-18-2009, 05:02 AM
The guy that made it now (was?) working for luxology. After all this time, I truly expected to see it in their app. Seemingly, though, it is not.

I, too, would LOVE to see the features make their way into anything LW at this point.

silviotoledo
02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Ok, so I have the problem formated to an IK chain( scene file attached )

Tipically a math problem.

a) I need the formula to calculate the bones rotations that will match the goal positions.

b) I will need to add this formula into an expression, so I will be able to replicate the trick on an IK chain.

c) I will need someone that can automate the association functions between bones in a plugin or script.

So I will have a "one layer" animation in lightwave, what would be so usefull to deal with mocap in lightwave.

Mr. MIKE GREEN? Any Light?

Rebel Hill? Any ideas?

silviotoledo
02-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Rebell, what would happen if I have a rig with IK and FK?
May I do the trick with the FK part of the rig and use the IK switch to edit the mocap?

I'm I able to have both rig on the same character using IK/FK switch? This would prevent me to learn advanced math.

silviotoledo
02-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Understood IK/FK Blending

Basically it allow us to animate the same bones in three ways
( wow! 3 animations to the same bones )

IK one, FK one and blending one.

We just have to add a switch slide once Blending interface is ... Arg! Not usefull for anything with that old Envelop.

This way a new trick will work to edit mocap if we add to the bones an IK rig.

So we don't need to duplicate the bones and do a lot of links with expressions ( or relativity ).

We will be able to manipulate the Mocap using the IK Rig we will do over T pose.

Well...

Lw artists are manipulating MOCAP using Ik Boost. I've not seem it in action yet, but it seems it's the best solution. IK animation over mocap would be hard. I hate IK.