PDA

View Full Version : cod modern warfare 2

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 05:34 AM
today is the day .... that important day off work for this bad boy

Thomas M.
11-10-2009, 05:43 AM
This game won't make it on my shelf. As a PC gamer I'll stick with cod4 and 5 until IW come to their senses. Hopefully sales will be a big disappointment for them. Bastards!

biliousfrog
11-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Same here Thomas, I was looking forward to it but I won't be buying MW2 unless they decide to do a proper PC version rather than a cut-down console port.

cresshead
11-10-2009, 05:57 AM
looks like people are bailing on pc games of late...too many cracked copies and too many variants on hardware to install/run with around...

console is harder to crack, always 'works as predicted' so will maximise their profit margins and support centres..esp thesedays

bye bye pc games!

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 06:04 AM
its been out for the last 3 weeks on xbox 360 RF .... infact in totaly 2.6 million downloads already "bet you didn't know that " :D anybody with ixtreme wave 4 will know this . Activision already have came down hard on people who posted on YT before the date ,and so they should .

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
yas 15gp ROYAL CHEESE ,LOVE IT .

you should have seen the que outside asda last night "wal-mart" theres was about 300 people and anybody with no ID didn't get the game , I mannaged to eat 2 tubes of pringles and a bunch of haribo sweeties before i got served .....quality

edit the only thing i feel anoying is the distance meter ! other than it rocks

cresshead
11-10-2009, 06:56 AM
personally i'm much more eager for colonial marines on xbox360 due out in march 2010 and F1 out march 2010

/....hudson?... run a bypass......shhhhk...we're in...

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs055.snc3/14268_176696462870_553887870_2830830_3446228_n.jpg

IMI
11-10-2009, 07:04 AM
looks like people are bailing on pc games of late...too many cracked copies and too many variants on hardware to install/run with around...

console is harder to crack, always 'works as predicted' so will maximise their profit margins and support centres..esp thesedays

bye bye pc games!

While that may be true, I think they should realize that PC gamers *made* COD into what it has become.
How well did COD3 do? Why did they not do COD 4 only for console like they did COD 3?
The next COD will be them crawling back to PC gamers with their tail between their legs and begging for forgiveness.

But these sorts of things just create opportunities. Someone will always be willing to satisfy the needs of PC gamers and once successful, will reinvigorate the market.
I have no intention of buying a Playbox 360 or an X-Station or whatever the things are called. And why should I? I want to play on my PC, not sitting in front of my TV.
Surely Nvidia with all its money and pull must have something to say about the matter...

cresshead
11-10-2009, 07:08 AM
While that may be true, I think they should realize that PC gamers *made* COD into what it has become.
How well did COD3 do? Why did they not do COD 4 only for console like they did COD 3?
The next COD will be them crawling back to PC gamers with their tail between their legs and begging for forgiveness.

to be fair different studio's created each the various versions of COD, that's why some were good solid releases and others were lack lustre...different teams of coders working on them..different tech directors etc..

biliousfrog
11-10-2009, 07:09 AM
The xbox version has been on torrent sites for weeks. It was mentioned to IW after they stated console's more secure platform as a reason for 'downgrading' the PC version...they didn't respond :D

The COD games have always been best known for their multi-player games. Although cracked versions will work for single player and LAN they're far less likely to work online and if there is any suspicious activity, such as using cheats or hacks, at least the server admin can kick the player...that isn't possible with MW2.

The main issue with MW2's lack of dedicated server and modtool support is that most of the additions, enhancements and advancements in the COD games have come from the modding community, they are then 'borrowed' by IW and used in future releases. We'll have to wait and see what impact it has on future COD releases but it's certainly a strange move to cut ties with a massive, voluntary development team.

It also raises questions regarding the future of game development in general if other titles follow suit. If modding communities become a thing of the past, where will game developers get their staff?...will originality become even more scarce?

biliousfrog
11-10-2009, 07:13 AM
to be fair different studio's created each the various versions of COD, that's why some were good solid releases and others were lack lustre...different teams of coders working on them..different tech directors etc..

It was all the 'odd' games that were created by Treyarch - COD UO, COD3 and COD5...and it shows, the quality isn't quite there, they are more like mods, especially united offensive is was basically a collection of 3rd party mods.

IMI
11-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Well regardless of the tech, someone made the decision to make COD 3 console only, while someone else made the decision to make COD 4 for PC again.
And those decisions didn't have anything to do with the quality of the game itself. COD 4 was hugely, ginormously successful almost entirely due to the PC gamers, clans and modders, and they just go and thumb their noses at us as a thank you.
But they'll be back. The question is, do they deserve to be forgiven? The way I feel about it, they can take a long run on a short pier, and I'm rooting for that underdog who is going to take this opportunity to fill the vacant COD/PC niche. ;)

IMI
11-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Whether or not it makes a difference., I'm speaking with my wallet, and not buying MW2.
What was fun about COD 4 was the dedicated servers, the clans, the fact that Cageman can set up a server so a few of us Wavers can shoot each other now and then and laugh at Matt's videos.
So be it.

Matt
11-10-2009, 07:19 AM
I like FPS on a PC for a _reason_. I do not ever want to play one on a console EVER. They're fine for Mario Cart, but not for tactical work!

Seems Infinity Ward are going down the long line of with other software developer houses and just porting (but not enhancing) their PC versions.

Sad.

Matt
11-10-2009, 07:20 AM
whether or not it makes a difference., i'm speaking with my wallet, and not buying mw2.
What was fun about cod 4 was the dedicated servers, the clans, the fact that cageman can set up a server so a few of us wavers can shoot each other now and then and laugh at matt's videos.
So be it.

exactly

cresshead
11-10-2009, 07:25 AM
some strong feelings surfacing here...mind you i surpose if nintendo outsorced mario kart, f-zero, zelda or yoshis island to apple iphone i'd also be mad as hell too!

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 07:29 AM
The xbox version has been on torrent sites for weeks. It was mentioned to IW after they stated console's more secure platform as a reason for 'downgrading' the PC version...they didn't respond :D

you can run stealth mod on xbox 360 you just need to use agbx ! so playing online won't be a problem ! they just need some smart dude to beat it first .

everything can be cracked ! I get where people come from downloading torrents , but trust me , last night was such a geeky giggle waiting on the release , ive never seen anything like it , que'd out the door , i felt sorry for anybody that wanted just to buy cigaretessssssss .
Next year ISP in the UK have now been given the right to shut down people access to the net if they get caught "mainly high bandwith users " 3 strikes and your out "cheers Gordon Brown" made my job slightly easier .
but again ip spoof ,DNA packet port "hides the original file and pretends its something else for example a movie ".

if man built it man can crack it .

Ive still got my blue Ps1 , that was a great consol for the time

Thomas M.
11-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Probably the biggest case of company greed since Autodesk.

probiner
11-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Tatical FPS = Desktop

Screen: Pc screen proximity to make thos long range shots hit right (woohoo peripheral vision)

Keyboard: LOOOOTTSSS of keyboard mapping for each little bitty task (Americas Army has tons of commands). I dont use WASD, i'm more YFHJ.

Mouse: Mouse to look is the best. No wonder kids swing the joypad around trying to turn... oh yes they came out with Wii ^^

System: You are on a PC. You can work play and keep chating in MSN :D

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I dont use WASD, i'm more YGHJ.

Yuk ! my fingers couldn't handle that pressure :)
I still have my original config file for quake 1 .

roller ball or mouse ?

probiner
11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
I mistaken last post, it's YFHJ not YGHJ. It gets my finger more relaxed.

Mouse here http://x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=30. Cheap (21 euros) and fully featured.

I'm a cheater with this mouse. It already comes with a macros in the 3xfire button (very well placed button near to left button) but i set it to very small intervails between shots and keep firing until i stop pressing. It comes with a nice Script Editor and its all kept in On-Board Memorie. It's the ultimate cheap cheater gaming mouse =)

Matt
11-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I dont use WASD

Me neither, I've never liked that setup.

I'm an arrow keys person myself, the land around them means I can find them again quickly when going for one of the keys around them.

AdamAvenali
11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
I like FPS on a PC for a _reason_. I do not ever want to play one on a console EVER. They're fine for Mario Cart, but not for tactical work!

quoted for agreement. side scrollers and third person is fine with a controller, but i need my mouse for first person.

i also feel like every game i've had for a console and for pc has always looked better on my pc, but thats probably because my pc cost 4 times the price of a console :D

cresshead
11-10-2009, 08:16 AM
i'd say get the console version while you can...games dev seems to be in a nose dive...
this ressesion is showing no signs of slowing down at all..if anything it's gaining momentum...look were close to xmas...the biggest time for games...and large layoffs BEFORE xmas..

EA to layoff 17% of their workforce
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6239416.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

some games in development may stall now..

Matt
11-10-2009, 09:05 AM
i'd say get the console version while you can...games dev seems to be in a nose dive...

Maybe it's because many recent games have been crap on the PC, and EA was responsible for many of those, buggy releases, late or no patches, obvious console ports. If they respected PC gamers a little more maybe their profits would reflect that.

some games in development may stall now..

And how would NOT making games make them more money?

cresshead
11-10-2009, 10:47 AM
by not doing hi risk games...doing new stuff will be a no no...they'll retreat back the the safe ground of new versions of older titles...basically updates to last years games and your film related titles..

Matt
11-10-2009, 11:08 AM
What they need to do is write games that people want to play, like this one (http://l4d.com/).

probiner
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Only sick ppl like you Matt (like... almost everyone) like to spam bullets to a mob stampede and pile up ppl's bodies, thinking... meeehhh they're zombies :D

I personally don't like that kind of game, but from what i've seen its nice that even in a genre like that there's teamplay, so.. your not completly alone, wich might take the fear a bit and stuill be fun.

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm more a fifa / iss person myself , I love multiplayer on xbox 5 a side , its great fun , I used to be right into my shoot-em-ups but sadly there becomming same thing except with different models / env .

Got to admit Borderlands is pretty damn good and so is WET

cresshead
11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm more a fifa / iss person myself , I love multiplayer on xbox 5 a side , its great fun , I used to be right into my shoot-em-ups but sadly there becomming same thing except with different models / env .

Got to admit Borderlands is pretty damn good and so is WET

fifa?...no idea!..fife just spelt wrong?
iss? international space station?
wet?...some sort of environmental simulator to emulate scotlands rainy weather?

:devil:

Matt
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Only sick ppl like you Matt (like... almost everyone) like to spam bullets to a mob stampede and pile up ppl's bodies, thinking... meeehhh they're zombies :D

You know me too well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdQK4Wp10qo)! :D

BigHache
11-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm with Matt. Let the bodies hit the floor.

probiner
11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Nice collection of videos there Matt the guy is very funny.

And yes i've found you =) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLMv9Kvei7A#t=9m45s)

Matt
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
This is more my style! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b92suHPxYw#t=2m21s) :D

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
This is more my style! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b92suHPxYw#t=2m21s) :D

One of my lectures failed they guy that went onto make the GTA brand , "he did computer gamming course at the time "

bet you he feels a Little bit of d!ck now .

also he was Scottish , thats why all the passwords for the game was things like .

9 in a row ,#Rangers FC Supporter"
and Buckfast

that one's a good one .

Ohh did anybody watch the game show BITS when it was on . LIKE 10 years ago , always thought that burd was tasty . . . shame she likes woman :edit meant to say licks :()

biliousfrog
11-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Well it seems that the PC version still requires the steam download which is massively over stretched (18hr downloads)...reminds me of when HL2 was released, downloading 8gb of data over a 1mb connection after an hour to install the DVD wasn't my idea of fun, I cancelled it and sold it on ebay. I think that I managed 5hrs before throwing my teddy...it kinda put a dampner on the whole buzz surrounding the game.

http://www.moonjam.com/MW2.jpg

probiner
11-11-2009, 03:50 AM
So you buy the DVD but still have to download stuff? Thats crappy.

biliousfrog
11-11-2009, 04:49 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare

probiner
11-11-2009, 04:55 AM
wow, those fake news comedy are getting better and better.

probiner
11-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Hey Matt.
No zombies no nazis no nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqC4DIG4FwM

biliousfrog
11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey Matt.

I heard mumblings about that level but WTF? I'm not usually put off by mindless violence in games but I really can't see the point in that at all...it doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than letting the player rampage through an airport killing civilians...does that sound hypocritical from someone that liked GTA (pre GTA4)?...I really don't get it, maybe it's all an integral part of the whole plot, teaching soldiers about friendly fire or something?

Eroneouse
11-11-2009, 07:46 AM

Seems Infinity Ward are going down the long line of with other software developer houses and just porting (but not enhancing) their PC versions.

Sad.

Well IW did say the PC version has mouse and keyboard support and also the ability to text chat to players ingame so its not a complete console port. I have bought every PC CoD game thats been but I will not be buying this one. IW and rob bowling can go skinny dipping in a frozen lake with 20 kilos of potatoes in their underwear before I buy another CoD game, they have let the PC community down by a massive margin by removeing dedi server support.

Edit - Shattered horizon gets my cash until bad company 2 releases.

Matt
11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Matt.

That's a bit much that!