PDA

View Full Version : licensing 9.6

archiea
11-06-2009, 06:37 PM
hey gang,

I was doing a fresh install of 9.6 (not 9.6.1) and I inputed the license via the LW help menu selection. It sees the correct dongle, and asks me to enter the registration number. I do, quit LW as it says and it still starts up in discovery mode. I checked under user/library/preferences/lightwave3D/ and I see the newly created license.key file, but still no dice. I'm using 10.6.1 in 64bit bootup. thanks.

rsfd
11-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi,

LW 9.6 UB is 32-bit, so you won't have any advantages by booting SnowLeopard in 64-bit mode. By your join date, I assume you're most likely using a "Duo-Dongle" (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102022&highlight=mac+dongle) which has some driver issues, when using LW 9.6.1 in 64-bit mode, so it could be the 64-bit SL boot (LW 9.6 with Duo Dongle should use the Eve3-framework which isn't 64-bit and will never be).
Possibly a regular 32-bit-kernel SL-boot will fix your problem.

Maybe the license gets incorrectly written from Layout, so you could also check, if the license file holds the correct data by opening the file with TextEdit (or any other text editor app).
It should only contain your LW 9.x unlock key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) in the first line.
(You can also create the license file manually by opening a new TextEditor file, inserting just the unlock-key and saving it as plain text file named "license.key")