PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible ?

rednova
11-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Dear Friends:

I guess I am slowly becoming an advanced animator.
Some of you like splinegod know me a bit.
I am completely dedicated to excel in this animation field...the rest of my life I want to spend animating with lightwave.
I have one question:
If I become really super at lightwave...Is it possible I can make my own tutorial videos like 'Kurv studios' and get them to carry the video for me ?
I guess the answer is self explanatory, but remember, i am not pro animator yet.
Thank you!!!

rednova

SplineGod
11-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I agree with megalodon.
Find what youre good at and become very good at it.
Also spend time learning how to present things in a way that people
can understand. Animation is probably the most difficult thing to get very good at
because it takes a long time. Its easier generally to mode and texture. Lighting is also a bit more difficult but oddly enough alot of people dont seem as interested in that topic even though its quite important.

I dont think KURV has a problem working with people who can meet with at least these basic things:
1. Know your stuff
2. Know how to present
3. Can work well with others.

cresshead
11-07-2009, 07:30 AM
i'd also say it's very important to know HOW to teach people..i've got a few training vids in the past from 'experts' in their field but that don't know how to impart that knowledge well at all...it's far more than just being a good animatior...you need to be a good/great communicator too for training vids. [example: zbrush trainer on digital tutors, splinegod, max/maya modeling trainer on digital tutors and 3dbuzz team are all excellent]

i'll add that of course ole splinegod is a 'grand master' at communication!

SplineGod
11-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks! (you scared me for a second ) :)

rednova
11-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you all for your replies.
Thanks !!!

rednova