PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and "The Big Four"...not so sure

G-Man
11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
For years Lightwave has been a part of the "Big Four" 3D packages along with Maya, Softimage and 3DS Max. In fact it is something that Newtek touts even in their CORE reveal. However, lately I've been noticing Lightwave being left out of product compatibility listings, and general topic of conversation statements when discussing the top 3D apps. I've actually seen C4D taking the place of Lightwave within these subjects with modo coming on strong. I teach at a local college and when I tout Lightwave, most of them don't have a clue of what it is or that it even exists. Granted, Lightwave is getting long in the tooth but it's still a GREAT program and has tremendous capability in the right hands.

I'm just concerned that if the Newtek marketing team don't start putting some push behind Lightwave/CORE, that they will continue to get pushed out of "The Big Four"

Just concerned.

Chuck
11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
There is no good to be achieved by starting this kind of discussion in the public forums. If you are concerned about NewTek's marketing, send an email to customer services (cs (at) newtek (dot) com) and ask them to forward it to the appropriate marketing staff. They will most assuredly do so.

Anyone who is serious in their concerns will want to bring those concerns to the attention of those who can do something about them, in preference to sowing fear, uncertainty and doubt among those who cannot.