PDA

View Full Version : Setting up an reference image for a walk cycle in Layout

melmoth2
11-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Apologies if this is a daft newbie question, but I want to put a reference image of a walk cycle into the background of one of the Layout side views. I know you can't set up backgrounds like you can in Modeler, but is it possible to create a rectangle and then map an image onto it and use this as a reference? I've tried it but the image doesn't appear in the viewport, only when I render. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Ta.

Twisted_Pixel
11-06-2009, 01:20 PM
That should work, just ensure that you have the viewport set to display "Textured Shaded".

melmoth2
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
That should work, just ensure that you have the viewport set to display "Textured Shaded".

Yep - just tried and it works fine, thanks for your help :thumbsup:

SplineGod
11-06-2009, 03:13 PM
You can load reference images or videos in layout.
You would load in the reference using the image editor
then use the reference under Windows....backdrop options.....composting....background image.
If the reference is a single image with multiple frames I would
chop them into separate frames in an image sequence or movie file.

melmoth2
11-07-2009, 10:48 AM
You can load reference images or videos in layout.
You would load in the reference using the image editor
then use the reference under Windows....backdrop options.....composting....background image.
If the reference is a single image with multiple frames I would
chop them into separate frames in an image sequence or movie file.

This allows me to set up an image as a background from the Camera view - but I can't find a way to do this using one of the other viewports (e.g. Front, Back, Left or Right). Is it possible to do this in Layout, or do I still need to map the image to an object?