PDA

View Full Version : Mac LW 9.6 does not load PC 9.6 lws file

Deep Image
11-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi I' have a issue opening a .lws file!!! it opens fine on LW 9.6 PC but not on a Mac LW 9.6. I even tried to export it on the PC as a 9.2 file but also will not load on the Mac. When I do this I get the %^%^&*^%$$&*(*^%$$ beach bal.

Really hope some one can help me out here.

Cheers,
Peter

Kuzey
11-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Is the file large in size?

Where is the file you are trying to load, on a network or on the actual hard drive?

Are you using a plugin that's not in the Mac version?

Do you have the problem with other PC scenes?

Try opening a good scene and the bad scene in an text editor on the Mac side and compare things like the file paths within them. Make a copy of the scene file before making any changes.

Good luck.

Kuzey

eblu
11-06-2009, 07:34 AM
can you load the objects into a new scene?
if so, then its probably NOT the objects.
could be incompatibilities with images, or audio if you are using that (which frankly is a mistake on Mac LW... Audio support is horrible)

but the best guess, is Master plugins. are you using plugins on PC that are not available on the mac? or do you have too many Scene Editors loaded into your scene?

toby
11-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Also try opening the scene in BBedit on the mac, and saving it with mac line breaks.

Deep Image
11-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi toby, eblu and kuzey,

Many thanks to you all for your fine support and thoughts. Really did follow all the instructions, but with no results. Did spent a whole day with trial and error $%^&*(*^&^%$$%^ and a clean instal on the PC side. I'm still in the dark here. File size lwo 92 kb & lws 1 mb

But I do have great news! I finally managed to open the file. Because I did try all off your suggestions I ended up with the thought that maybe there is some issue with the HyperV plug. So I deleted all objects in the scene to end up with just the HyperV object. Saved and exported it to Mac, and guess what? Yehaaaaaa, it open just fine and rendered like a charm. Reloaded the objects and bingo got my beloved scenery back.

Have a nice weekend,

Cheers,
Peter

toby
11-13-2009, 12:56 PM
xlnt