PDA

View Full Version : LiveSet creation tool for XD300?

Blue Screen Sam
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Anyone know when a plugin for LightWave will be available to create LiveSets that are compatible with XD300?

Is the plugin essentially ready, but is being held until the XD300 starts shipping?

DiscreetFX
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Great question but what is the answer???

Blue Screen Sam
11-14-2009, 10:49 AM
:help:Is there anyone at NewTek that can give an answer to these questions?

Will the XD300 LiveSets will be compatible with the older TriCasters (Broadcast, Studio, Pro)?

Will the existing LiveSets (for Broadcast, Studio, Pro) be compatible with the XD300?

If everything isn't fully compatible with each other, is a Lightwave plugin available so that we can create our own XD300-compatible LiveSets? If so, when will it be released?

If this forum isn't the place to get this info, please let me know who/where I should ask.:help:

SBowie
11-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Will the XD300 LiveSets will be compatible with the older TriCasters (Broadcast, Studio, Pro)?No. Although the new LiveSets are similar in many ways, they are not compatible with SD TriCasters. I don't know if it would be possible to give any of the current models compatibility in a software update or not - but I suspect not.

Will the existing LiveSets (for Broadcast, Studio, Pro) be compatible with the XD300?Again, no. AFAIK, the first gen LiveSets don't have sufficient resolution for HD, but there are other differences as well.

If everything isn't fully compatible with each other, is a Lightwave plugin available so that we can create our own XD300-compatible LiveSets? If so, when will it be released?At the present time, there are no publicly available tools for creating the new generation of LiveSets. I don't know the answer to the second question, sorry (I'm answering as best I can).

gegetrane
12-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Any news on an upcoming XD300 version of the LiveSet Generator for Lightwave ?
We bought Lightwave along with the TC Broadcast, practicing while waiting for the XD300. 15 HD LiveSets is nice but the need for adapting these or creating new ones is... HUGE ! I'm hoping for a fast availability.

Gerald

SBowie
12-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Any news on an upcoming XD300 version of the LiveSet Generator for Lightwave ?No news yet, Gerald, sorry.

... the need for adapting these or creating new ones is... HUGE!Understood.

Not to dismiss that, but while you're waiting, you'll find TCXD300 allows you to accomplish a number of things you'd previously have needed LiveSets for on the fly - thanks to virtual inputs and multiple overlay channels (as many as 3), all with easy to use positioning and scaling.

malone1986
02-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Hi Guys,

Iwas wondering if there is any update on news of a specific set constructor plug in for the new XD300?

I am really keen to go for the upgrade but can only really do so I can create specific sets for my clients.

Any news would be really well recieved!

Thanks

ACross
02-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Iwas wondering if there is any update on news of a specific set constructor plug in for the new XD300?

I am really keen to go for the upgrade but can only really do so I can create specific sets for my clients.
Any news would be really well recieved!
Thanks

I would refer you to this thread :
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106565

davesimpson
06-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Can the present LiveSet Generator plugin for Lightwave be used for creating custom LiveSets to be used in the TCXD300 Ticaster? The files that our LiveSet Generator produces don't match the files that are in the TCXD300 LiveSet folder.

I might add that we bought our TCXD300 thinking that we would be able to build our own LiveSets (as well as modify existing LiveSets). To find that this is NOT possible would be bad news for me to be able to recommend any further Tricaster purchases for our use here at Florida State University.

Dave Simpson
Digital Media Producer
Academic and Professional Program Services
Florida State University

SBowie
06-23-2010, 07:31 AM
The LW and Aura plugins are able to create LiveSets for the SD model TriCasters - but not the TCXD series.

The previous post from ACross has a link to information on a tool for creating the HD LiveSets the latter require, but it might be worth mentioning as well that at NAB 2010 we showed LiveSet Artisan, a much more user-friendly tool. Artisan allows you to easily customize the stock HD LiveSets in many ways, and will make life easier for many. Release is still a little ways out, but not all that far off.

ACross
06-23-2010, 08:37 AM
The tools for the creation of LiveSets for the TCXD series of products are available on request. Simply email [email protected]

Andrew