PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mouse on anyone's Christmas list this year???

virtualcomposer
11-05-2009, 03:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone has their eye on the new Magic Mouse this year. My Mighty Mouse has always given me scrolling issues and even the wireless one I had before would barely transmit. Anyway, I'm all for the "balless" scrolling since I'm tired of the scroll ball either not working or I've got to press down really hard or put a tad bit of honey on my finger to get it to work again.

cresshead
11-05-2009, 03:50 AM
i'd have to try it as i'm not sure it supports middle button hold for use with 3dsmax for panning the view and rotating view etc...

it's nice to see someone trying to make something new re the mouse but i never got on with the mighty mouse...you had to hold it in such and ackward fashion with your hand that it would ruin your tendons in your arm with prelonged use resulting in rsi...my mighty mouse was only ever used for final cut for scrolling the timeline on occassion and i've since put it in storage!

we'd need to hold it like a normal mouse and still have the ability to use like a normal mouse as well as the multitouch.

have to try it one day and see if the hype lives upto the actual use.

brian.coates
11-05-2009, 07:23 AM
As far as I know the middle button function isn't there.

None of the preferences screenshots I've seen shown any reference to one, but since the top surface is effectively button and scroll ball combined a future software update may add that function.

Like the iPhone the most effective number of buttons to have is... none.

Until that happens though I think I'll stick with the Mighty Mouse. I've gotten used its ways and frankly, no other Bluetooth mouse I've used with my Mac has anywhere near as good wireless performance.

Andyjaggy
11-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Uck. Definitely not. I like to have physical edges between my buttons. I like the tactical sensation of feeling the button actually being pressed, and scroll wheel scrolling. I've hated every Apple mouse in the past, and probably will hate this one as well. Unergonomic and a pain in the butt.

But it sure is pretty.

I'm old school, I like the big mice that conform to the countour of your hand and are wired into the computer. I had a wireless mouse a while back and hated it, perhaps it was just a lousy one but I spent more time trying to get it to work then actually working.

Sensei
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm old school, I like the big mice that conform to the countour of your hand and are wired into the computer. I had a wireless mouse a while back and hated it, perhaps it was just a lousy one but I spent more time trying to get it to work then actually working.

I can't live without cordless mouse. Have this one since 2006 http://www.logitech.pl/produkty/myszki-trackballe/myszki/single/mx-1000-cordless-laser-mouse.html
Logitech MX 1000 Laser in the laptop. It costs 100 usd here.

You can't say that it doesn't conform hand
http://www.logitech.pl/uploads/tx_mzlogitechbaza/3251.1.0.jpg
http://www.logitech.pl/uploads/tx_mzlogitechbaza/3252.1.0.jpg

One note- perhaps you had/have infrared (not radio) mouse? They can't be in sunny place, otherwise receiver is fooled. My server's mouse is infrared and the last summer, couldn't move mouse in some hours of day, or it was moving automagically. Then I realized that sun is hitting receiver. After moving it to shadow of monitor, everything worked like a charm. Another thing- they must be very close to receiver. I have it in 10 cm from receiver. And nothing, absolute nothing can be between mouse and receiver. Sometime paper, or USB cable, is dropped accidentally between them, and immediate not possible to move such mouse, or it jumps.

Andyjaggy
11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah I'm not sure what it was. But I had to have it so close to the receiver that it was pointless to even call it wireless.

I'm actually in the market for a new mouse, maybe I'll look into that logitech

DiscreetFX
11-05-2009, 07:32 PM
We might get a Magic Mouse, it took Apple long enough!

oobievision
11-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I personally use Microsoft Sidewinder works great for what I need.