PDA

View Full Version : you know what really grinds my gears ? "post your rants let the community solve "

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OnlineRender
11-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Rule 1 : No Politics & Religion (ever)
Rule 2 : No swearing or bringing down other people
Rule 3 : Be brutal / honest !

Number 1 ) Pointless Threads :D
Number 2 ) The wife wants another kid "She just feken gave birth arghh"
Number 3 ) People going on about Core when clearly they can't do sh!t about it ."unless have a HC account .
Number 4 ) No YT or Viemo code "I know the answer why ! but arghh

Have fun !

IMI
11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Trying to stay polite while spending ten minutes telling the tire guy my brakes are fine, I don't need anything else, and please just put the new tires on.

Not at the top of my list but I had to go through that just the other day. I'm spending 600 bucks for new tires and that's not enough... no, they want me to spend another few hundred for all new brakes too.
In spite of the fact my brakes are fine, and they just don't realize I had just had them all checked. They think everyone's some kind of gullible idiot.

I have loads more, but that's the most recent gear-grinding event. ;)

Chris S. (Fez)
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Ahhhh therapy:

My ex emailed me yesterday and wants to meet for a drink next week...so I can meet her "super nice" new boyfriend.

Ha. I think I'll skip it. I am not nearly as easygoing as I pretend to be (with regard to relationships) and don't want to blow my faux-cool cover ;).

IMI
11-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Ahhhh therapy:

My ex emailed me yesterday and wants to meet for a drink next week...so I can meet her "super nice" new boyfriend.

Ha. I think I'll skip it. I am not nearly as easygoing as I pretend to be (with regard to relationships) and don't want to blow my faux-cool cover ;).

Oh man, she still wants you. Wants you to compete for her, that is, wants you to out-do her new guy, so you can be closer to perfection for her. Apparently you didn't quite make it the first time, but are close enough for her to be willing to give you another try. ;)

biliousfrog
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
1) Royal Mail striking...first off, they should be glad to have a job at all when so many people have lost their's, preventing mail from getting delivered isn't exactly going to help matters is it? Secondly, what happened when the miners did the same thing in the 70's...that's right, the industry went tit's up and they all lost their jobs. The country is trying to get out of a recession, the last thing it needs is for mail services to be disrupted.

2) My dad forgot my birthday last week...for the 2nd time. He has become obsessed with his college course,which I'm actually quite proud of him doing, but it is all he ever talks about. Last Wednesday (my birthday) he phoned me to tell me about his course and ask about interviewing me for it...he didn't ask me anything about what I was up to so I kept quiet. He finally realised on Monday, called me, said 'sorry I forgot your birthday, I'll drop something off in the week', then talked at me for another 5 minutes about his f'in course...grrr!...sorry if that classes as bringing down another person but it has been driving me mad for a week.

3) X-Factor...I know several people, all very talented, that have auditioned for the show. They have all been through several rounds of auditions and only one reached 'the judges'. It is obviously a show geared towards viewing figures rather than talent. The voting is very dubious, there are always 'scandals' to encourage more phone votes (and therefore more money) and yet people still watch it and treat it as a talent show....It isn't a talent show, it is a TV show, scripted, edited and designed to encourage people to spend money on it. Worst of all it parades people like a freak show then destroys their dreams and humiliates them in front of millions of people.

Martin Adams
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
There's quite a few things that make me go argh....

- Adverts that say "travel from 」1", then in small print (plus a 」0.50 booking fee) - no, unless I'm missing something, I can't travel for 」1 as I *need* to book it!

- Adverts that say, prices "from under 」5". So let me get this right, 」1 is under 」5, but 」100 is from under 」5. So really, it's any price they want and the statement is meaningless.

- Web sites that don't have a phone number, and only an online contact form, only to find that it errors when you try to use it.

- Windows Vista UAC and it's need to blank out my screen for 10 seconds just to pop up that useless box. I know, I could just turn it off.

- Holding the door open for people who don't even acknowledge you even exist, let alone say thanks.

- BMW not installing indicators in their cars. I think I'm yet to see a BMW indicate at junctions and roundabouts.

- Cars going down the motorway that could easily go in the slow lane as there's zero other cars in front of them, but, just don't.

- Cars going over the speed limit and tailgating in the fast lane of the motorway expecting you to suddenly bow to their superiority and get out the way.

- DVD warning copyright notices that I can't skip. But okay, sure, I understand I *must* read it, but let me skip the 5 other languages!

- Parking meters that tell you how long you can park for as you put in the money, but insist that you must pay a minimum time of 2 hours when you only need 10 minutes.

- Microsoft Windows' inability to know if my network share password needs entering or not, and spends 5 minutes doing something then saying it couldn't connect. Yet, I can map the network drive and explicitly specify the username/password and it works.

- Apple QuickTime Pro. If I buy QuickTime Pro 6, and they release QuickTime 7 with h264. I can't upgrade to the free version while keeping my version 6 pro features without paying again! This means, I cannot enjoy free playback of h264 video files simply because I've been a valuable customer and buying a previous version.

- IE6 still being in support.

- The UK car tax service not allowing me to renew my tax online if my car insurance coincides with the same date. The result of this means I have to buy a tax disc in person at the post office, and they don't accept credit card. The bit that irks me off, is all the renewal documents clearly advertise - "RENEW ONLINE" - but I can't because of their crappy system. I had a long conversation on the phone with them about how I can offset my car tax without having to pay extra for the 6 months tax.

- Having to trust car garages. My car went in recently and when they fixed an issue said they've found a tear in one of the tires. I have to trust they didn't just do it to make more money. I can't exactly say, no give me back my car with 3 wheels either.

- Companies trying to sell you something when you call customer service. Like credit card companies trying to sell fraud protection insurance when I just want to activate my card.

- People who interrupt my private home time by knocking on the door trying to sell something.

- Unlimited mobile broadband that is capped at 3GB. Now, if I'm not mistaken, that's a limit right?

- Having a Sky+ box that when on standby can be heard doing something from across the other side of the house. They replaced my last faulty one with a different make, the last one was silent.

- Companies using the phrase "economic climate" or "financial downturn" to not admit that they are shortchanging customers or employees.

- People being impatient in car parks when you stop to reverse into a space. What, it's a car park, what else do they honestly think I'm there to be doing?

- My old ISP supplying a help card saying, "If you're having trouble configuring your internet, visit this web site for help".

- Companies being paid by direct debit charging an month extra when you cancel an account, then reimburse you a month later.

- Having to buy upgrades to all my Mac software because the new OS doesn't support those any more.

- Price of food a cafes inside large department stores. Would be okay if they had a good selection of food and drink.

- Price of popcorn and a coke at the cinema.

... okay, I feel better now :)

Chris S. (Fez)
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh man, she still wants you. Wants you to compete for her, that is, wants you to out-do her new guy, so you can be closer to perfection for her. Apparently you didn't quite make it the first time, but are close enough for her to be willing to give you another try. ;)

Ha. The British say it best: "Not bloody likely!" :D

Chris S. (Fez)
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
There's quite a few things that make me go argh... okay, I feel better now :)

Something tells me that list has been brewing for far too long...

It reads like a European episode of Seinfeld :).

shrox
11-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Ahhhh therapy:

Say "No frakking way baby!"

shrox
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
1) Royal Mail striking...first off, they should be glad to have a job at all when so many people have lost their's, preventing mail from getting delivered isn't exactly going to help matters is it? Secondly, what happened when the miners did the same thing in the 70's...that's right, the industry went tit's up and they all lost their jobs. The country is trying to get out of a recession, the last thing it needs is for mail services to be disrupted....

At least in the USA they pick up the mail as well as bring it.

shrox
11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
...roundabouts...

Roundabouts are starting be be installed at more intersections here in the USA, unfortunately, no one has told American drivers how to use them. If I use it like one is supposed to and safely slip into traffic without stopping, other drivers freak out and honk because I didn't stop. Most everyone stops when they don't need to!

OnlineRender
11-04-2009, 03:08 PM

- Adverts that say "travel from 」1", then in small print (plus a 」0.50 booking fee) - no, unless I'm missing something, I can't travel for 」1 as I *need* to book it!

- Adverts that say, prices "from under 」5". So let me get this right, 」1 is under 」5, but 」100 is from under 」5. So really, it's any price they want and the statement is meaningless.

- Web sites that don't have a phone number, and only an online contact form, only to find that it errors when you try to use it.

- Windows Vista UAC and it's need to blank out my screen for 10 seconds just to pop up that useless box. I know, I could just turn it off.

- Holding the door open for people who don't even acknowledge you even exist, let alone say thanks.

- BMW not installing indicators in their cars. I think I'm yet to see a BMW indicate at junctions and roundabouts.

- Cars going down the motorway that could easily go in the slow lane as there's zero other cars in front of them, but, just don't.

- Cars going over the speed limit and tailgating in the fast lane of the motorway expecting you to suddenly bow to their superiority and get out the way.

- DVD warning copyright notices that I can't skip. But okay, sure, I understand I *must* read it, but let me skip the 5 other languages!

- Parking meters that tell you how long you can park for as you put in the money, but insist that you must pay a minimum time of 2 hours when you only need 10 minutes.

- Microsoft Windows' inability to know if my network share password needs entering or not, and spends 5 minutes doing something then saying it couldn't connect. Yet, I can map the network drive and explicitly specify the username/password and it works.

- Apple QuickTime Pro. If I buy QuickTime Pro 6, and they release QuickTime 7 with h264. I can't upgrade to the free version while keeping my version 6 pro features without paying again! This means, I cannot enjoy free playback of h264 video files simply because I've been a valuable customer and buying a previous version.

- The UK car tax service not allowing me to renew my tax online if my car insurance coincides with the same date. The result of this means I have to buy a tax disc in person at the post office, and they don't accept credit card. The bit that irks me off, is all the renewal documents clearly advertise - "RENEW ONLINE" - but I can't because of their crappy system. I had a long conversation on the phone with them about how I can offset my car tax without having to pay extra for the 6 months tax.

- Having to trust car garages. My car went in recently and when they fixed an issue said they've found a tear in one of the tires. I have to trust they didn't just do it to make more money. I can't exactly say, no give me back my car with 3 wheels either.

- Companies trying to sell you something when you call customer service. Like credit card companies trying to sell fraud protection insurance when I just want to activate my card.

- People who interrupt my private home time by knocking on the door trying to sell something.

- Unlimited mobile broadband that is capped at 3GB. Now, if I'm not mistaken, that's a limit right?

- Having a Sky+ box that when on standby can be heard doing something from across the other side of the house. They replaced my last faulty one with a different make, the last one was silent.

- Companies using the phrase "economic climate" or "financial downturn" to not admit that they are shortchanging customers or employees.

- People being impatient in car parks when you stop to reverse into a space. What, it's a car park, what else do they honestly think I'm there to be doing?

- My old ISP supplying a help card saying, "If you're having trouble configuring your internet, visit this web site for help".

- Companies being paid by direct debit charging an month extra when you cancel an account, then reimburse you a month later.

- Having to buy upgrades to all my Mac software because the new OS doesn't support those any more.

- Price of food a cafes inside large department stores. Would be okay if they had a good selection of food and drink.

DAMN you needed that ..

SBowie
11-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Fast food counter staff who ask "Can I help who is next?"
People on the expressway who pull over into the ramp for the next exit, pass a bunch cars as though they were an ambulance, and then jump back in at the last second.

shrox
11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
...People on the expressway who pull over into the ramp for the next exit, pass a bunch cars as though they were an ambulance, and then jump back in at the last second.

You need a Death Race car my friend.

scenergy
11-04-2009, 04:17 PM
You can actually feel a lot better about everything if you let go of the past, especially negative thoughts and focus on what is abundant in your life.

Why relive the stuff that wasn't pleasant? Let it go.

The present is now...the past is been and gone and the future hasn't happened yet.

Enjoy.

shrox
11-04-2009, 04:28 PM
You can actually feel a lot better about everything if you let go of the past, especially negative thoughts and focus on what is abundant in your life.

The present is now...the past is been and gone and the future hasn't happened yet.

Enjoy.

It's all going to happen again tomorrow...

Red_Oddity
11-04-2009, 04:28 PM
You need a Death Race car my friend.

Yes, we'd all could use a bunch of miniguns mounted on our cars.

Intuition
11-04-2009, 05:08 PM

Oh they install the indicator but it only blinks in the cabin. The exterior bulbs are merely to make them US legal. They actually do nothing. Its all a part of the BMW mystique.

I own a few BMWs and I do not care for the ego / fru fru / caviar and crackers identity side of the brand but I do think they are the best cars to drive in the world.

borkus
11-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Here's one thing that burned my *** this week. I was talking to my Precal teacher today and she informed us that we were going to have a test on Monday that would be a take-home test. I thought that this was weird in that she never does that. I do have other teachers that do, but not her. She is very strict and I actually appreciate that in her. I have learned more from her class then the previous two math classes that I have taken in that she makes you work for it and you feel a sense of accomplishment when you get a test back and it has a 100 on it. But, anyway. I asked her why she was doing a take-home test and she responded that all of the teachers had a meeting last week and the president of the college is rip**** about so many students having poor grades. She instructed the teachers to do whatever it is that they had to do to get the grades of these kids up. She doesn't like the image that it's giving the college with so many kids failing. Now, many will say what is wrong with that? Don't you want these kids to succeed? Well, yes and no. Most of the kids that are failing, and 98% of the ones failing are between 18 and 20, haven't done ****... They haven't turned in their labs, they haven't bothered to study for tests coming up, they haven't done any of the homework. I ask them what they plan on doing being so far behind and they all simply reply that the college will give them a pity party and someone will help them. ******* ********. I have a 3.8 GPA at this point and I worked my *** off for that grade. So, here comes the college all worried about their image when compared to other colleges and I get to sit in interviews after graduating next to these bums that didn't do a ******* thing to earn their grade. They just got fed through because of politics. The only thing you can rely on is that the student councilor has some say in who was who, but I really don't think in the end he will have the cojones to give anyone a bad rap. So, I'm back to what I was getting at earlier in that we all come out with a associate's degree, whether you earned it or not. ******** in my eyes. One can say, "Well, when you hit the job place, it won't take long for the bosses to see who's who..." That's ******** too. It's always the lazy pieces of **** that are there suckin' off the bosses to get the higher positions. It's days like this that I hate the work field. I can't remember how many times I've seen humanity show it's abysmal core so many times... Anyway. You posted a rant thread, so there is mine. Guess if ever there was a place to piss and moan in this forum, it's here I guess... I do feel a little better though.

Matt
11-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh no, now you've gone and done it! :D

I'm finding as I get older, I'm turning into Victor Meldrew (US peeps, Google it).

Here are a few that come to mind:

TV adverts
I have to mute them, I can't stand them, they ALL wind me up.

Terrestrial adverts at the cinema
Not only do they wind me up, but now it seems the annoying TV adverts are also at the cinema, I'm not talking about the really poor local adverst for the local curry house, they have a naff charm about them, I mean the same adverts you find on TV, grrrrrrrrrr!

Email spam
An obvious one I know, but I would love to take a wire coat hanger to the japs-eye of these fkers.

Drivers who jump the lights at yellow box junctions
If I'm first in line at my junction to turn right, I _should_ be able to get across while my light is green, but noooooooooooooooo, these wankers squeeze every last second out of the amber light, and even go when it's just turned red for them, leaving me to either wait and have it happen again and never get out, or be forced to be like them and go through when it's dangerously close to red. Pisses me off no end.

Rip-off Britain
Why we have to pay more than everyone else for the same stuff really gets my goat.

Political correctness & Nanny-state Britain
These two issues have become ridiculous in our Country, you feel like you can't say or do anything for fear of 'offending' someone's sensibilities.

I don't mean to suggest we should be rude to one another, but when Councils are entertaining the idea of changing "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Festivities" for fear of offending other Religions, things have gone too far. Or having an "everyone's a winner" mentality at School sports days for fear of upsetting the losing kids, what message are we sending? It's okay to fail?

No, it has to stop now.

Matt
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM

Good one, that one really bugs me too.

Another one for DVDs ...

DVD 'Special' Feature - "Interactive Scene Access"
NO, interactive scene access is not a SPECIAL feature, it's part of DVD technology, a Director commentary is a special feature, otherwise why stop there? Might as well advertise a "slim disc" as a 'special feature'.

probiner
11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh no, now you've gone and done it! :D

I'm finding as I get older, I'm turning into Victor Meldrew (US peeps, Google it).

Here are a few that come to mind:

TV adverts
I have to mute them, I can't stand them, they ALL wind me up.

Terrestrial adverts at the cinema
Not only do they wind me up, but now it seems the annoying TV adverts are also at the cinema, I'm not talking about the really poor local adverst for the local curry house, they have a naff charm about them, I mean the same adverts you find on TV, grrrrrrrrrr!

Email spam
An obvious one I know, but I would love to take a wire coat hanger to the japs-eye of these fkers.

Drivers who jump the lights at yellow box junctions
If I'm first in line at my junction to turn right, I _should_ be able to get across while my light is green, but noooooooooooooooo, these wankers squeeze every last second out of the amber light, and even go when it's just turned red for them, leaving me to either wait and have it happen again and never get out, or be forced to be like them and go through when it's dangerously close to red. Pisses me off no end.

Rip-off Britain
Why we have to pay more than everyone else for the same stuff really gets my goat.

Political correctness & Nanny-state Britain
These two issues have become ridiculous in our Country, you feel like you can't say or do anything for fear of 'offending' someone's sensibilities.

I don't mean to suggest we should be rude to one another, but when Councils are entertaining the idea of changing "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Festivities" for fear of offending other Religions, things have gone too far. Or having an "everyone's a winner" mentality at School sports days for fear of upsetting the losing kids, what message are we sending? It's okay to fail?

No, it has to stop now.

Ahhh Matt you have to come here to Portugal and live for an year ;)

Stooch
11-04-2009, 11:43 PM
organized religion. scientologists, christianity, judaism... exactly the same. funny to see christians rip into how stupid scientology is... yeah sure tinfoil hats are ridiculous... a giantic arc and a guy that comes back to life arent ??

me closed minded??? yes when it comes to bull ****

DiscreetFX
11-05-2009, 12:31 AM
No one supporting NewTek 3rd party developers.

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 01:45 AM
you know what realy realy grinds my gears!!!

I travel back and forth between Glasgow & NY alot maybe 3 times a year if I'm lucky enough ,sometimes to see family & friends or work !

When I get there , I have Ford Explorer (new shape) pull down dvd player ,keypad on the door handle "wtf is that all about" anyway its complete beast of car , excellent I have no problems driving it .

IN THE UK : we flash our head lights to give people aknowlegment or right of way [general]

but in NY or maybe its the whole USA , you take this as an insult and go crazy ! arghh

I had guy try to rip me out of the car in downtown Manhatan "ok I did cut him slightly " what a fright he got when I went bersek and my Scottish accent scared this **** out of him ...that was a good day !

Edit on the same feken day ,we went to planet hollywood " great food ,decent prices may I add " went to the toliet , attendents there ,huge bronx boy massive when I said thanks for the towel " because I can't mannage to wash my own hands " he said ,where in England are you from .................now I'm born and breed Glaswegian my accent couldn't be any more Scottish "think Shrek" ...
that's when he had wished he kept his mouth shut ....................arghhhhhhhhhh

colkai
11-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Tailgaters, I mean, fer fecks sake, you're travelling at 70mph less than 6 feet from the guy in front. Do you HONESTLY think your slow a$$ed brain is quick enough to even get to the brake pedal if they slam on the anchors, never mind stop?

folks who zoom up to your back seat and sit there when there is plenty of space to pull out and overtake, but nooo, they want YOU to speed up because they don't know how to turn the gorramn steering wheel. If they do, it apparently HAS to be yanked violently from one side to the other.
(It's quite hi-larious letting these guys sit behind you, slowly speed up, then reach a parked car - not that *I* would ever do such a thing :devil: )

People who swerve in and out of lanes when you are in a long, long traffic jam. I mean, fer fecks sake, can you not SEE the 2 miles of solid traffic in every lane ahead of you, just where the feck do you think you're going to go?
A 30 foot gap appears, they floor it and screech to a halt, oh yeah, very feckin clever!

Dozy women / old farts in the middle lane doing 5 mph slower than the inside lane.
Middle lane drivers who, even though there is no traffic for a frickin mile in the inside lane, sit contentedly in the middle.
Same dozy drivers who pull into the outside lane of a dual carriageway and crawl along because they are turning right, at some point, several miles down the road.

Folks who pull out to overtake a lorry, then frickin SLOW DOWN? WTF?
Scared of overtaking, they take forever, when common sense dictates the sooner you are past, the sooner you out out of possible danger. Oh, silly me, common sense, so gorramn rare it's a super power!

The "I'm not trying to sell you something" cold caller who then goes on to try and sell you something, all the time maintaining that they are not.
What? No, I've not took a baseball bat to your head, it only seems like it from your perspective!

Oh for the chance to thin the gene pool sometimes. :2guns:

Red_Oddity
11-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Software companies the size of behemoths that think it is okay to rip off customers every year by applying the following math to the prices of their overly bloated and outdated software.

var $price Euro = USD + rand(1000)

cagey5
11-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Pulling up behind a car in the outside lane of a two lane junction at a red light, only for them to put on their right indicator as soon as the lights go green! If they had it on in the first place I wouldn't have picked that lane.. :devil:

IMI
11-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Tomcats that decide to pick a fight with each other right under my window at 2:00 in the morning.

Very loud garbage trucks at 5:00 in the morning.

Dust.

That one little fragile plastic part that everything has, that you just know one day will break, and when it does the whole thing is ruined.

UPS guys playing football with my $300 orders from Newegg and then leaving a smashed-up box just sitting on my porch in the blazing sun.

Cell phone dead zones.

Always getting the shopping cart with the broken wheel at Wal Mart.

Modeling programs quietly leaving behind 2 point polys after certain operations. ;)

Steam making me download 4 GB's worth of game just to try out one map in a demo.

Sticky notes that don't stick to anything and just fly off somewhere.

Callers who leave their number on my voice mail but say it too fast to write down and don't repeat it.

Otterman
11-05-2009, 05:55 AM

people who quote extremely large quotes

Kuzey
11-05-2009, 06:06 AM
People who don't know how to walk on sidewalks...blocking your way. Just pretend to be a car and follow the same road rules...stick to your right or left...which ever the case maybe be.

People who try to save their position in the checkout line by leaving their stuff in front of you, to go and get more stuff. You move, you lose your spot....unless you leave a living human behind.

Perfect strangers who think they know better, giving you bad advice in those public exercise parks.

BBC Prime...running constant repeats. I don't want to watch the second season of Doctor Who for the forth time in a row :devil::devil:

News programs...where it's anything but news.

Wolf Blitzer...asking a guest a question and then retelling the whole event, so people can be up to date before allowing said guest to answer.

3D in movies...it's all about realism...it's boring as hell. Be different, be stylized and unique.

Quentin Tarantino not directing a 3d movie, things need to be shaken up a lot...blood, guts and naughty bits. 3d needs to be targeted to adults for a change.

UFO's that look man made (district 9). You would think a race far superior than us, would have managed to build something more powerful than antenna covered UFO's.

Kuzey

IMI
11-05-2009, 06:16 AM
Wolf Blitzer...asking a guest a question and then retelling the whole event, so people can be up to date before allowing said guest to answer.

Man I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I think Blitzer is great, but that's seriously annoying. ;)

Titus
11-05-2009, 08:05 AM
hearing this message when trying to use my cell phone: "you have ran out of credit please call *86"... me dialing *86... "you have ran out of credit please call *86"

JML
11-05-2009, 08:39 AM
prius drivers, mostly because they all drive 20mph under speed limit.

JMCarrigan
11-05-2009, 08:40 AM
...UFO's that look man made (district 9). You would think a race far superior than us, would have managed to build something more powerful than antenna covered UFO's.

Kuzey

THANK you!

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 08:40 AM
prius drivers,

lol

JMCarrigan
11-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Enjoy.

Ya see. You're getting all "on the money" now. Right on as they say. Correcto mundo. et cetera.

What fun is that? :devil: :D

jasonwestmas
11-05-2009, 08:56 AM
- Belief there isn't intelligent life on other planets/ regions of the universe.

- Belief that cell regeneration is impossible.

- Belief that we are just bones and and meat walking aimlessly on the surface of a big rock.

- Belief that love is just a chemical reaction and we have no choice.

:)

biliousfrog
11-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Virgin Mobile are the only UK cell phone company to allow direct debit charging for pay as you go at the end of the month rather than requiring top-ups before you use it...WHY? I'm searching for a new phone, would like to switch to O2 but I don't require a contract and 'topping up' is a rediculous idea...my landline doesn't require me to guess how much credit I might need in advance, restaurants don't ask me to pay in advance for food that I might eat, shops don't require me to buy credit before I walk through the door...so why do phone companies? I don't know how much I'm likely to spend, some months it's 」30+ others it's under 」5...I'm much more likely to spend more when I'm not concerned about running out of credit...So, well done Mr Branson and for f***'s sake catch up everyone else! I've been paying at the end of the month via direct debit for nearly 5 years on Virgin and it's the only reason I haven't switched.

Dexter2999
11-05-2009, 10:00 AM
MS hiding my Administrator Account by default.

Windows Media Center requires a registry hack to look for the library of ripped DVD's. If it's supposed to be user friendly then WTF? The average person doesn't want to do a regedit.

Companies who now assume everyone wants a Flash page. What ever happened to the HTML only option on the home pages?

Companies that write software that assume that everyone has internet access. They don't and even if they did, not everyone has admin rights on an IT controlled computer to run your silly program that could have just been a downloaded portable app where the end user doesn't need to be an Admin. or could run it from a thumbdrive.

People who speed up to overtake and cut back in front of me...to get to the red light ahead.

People who see no liner in the trash can and yet throw things in anyway.

People who take out the trash and don't replace the liner.

The sense of self entitlement that is rampant in society. So many people who think something is owed to them or they deserve to play at their jobs while others have to slave.

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Virgin Mobile .

arghhhhhhhhh mega arghhh don't get me started on phone compaines !

I have 50 meg Virgin broadband ,excellent no probs , but the wife wanted a second buisness line put in , so me and my bright ideas lets get BT in aswell ..

1st Aug phoned bt / signed up(option 3) excellent eniginer will be out on 18th superb take day off work ........

18th ----- waited all feken day ----no enginer

19th why didnt you show up BT FUD ) you cancelled your order Mr Scott
" No I didn't "

"sorry about it will take another 3 days to cancel /clear before you can order again "

WRONG ANSWER MY FRIEND !

ok after 20 odd calls to people you wouldn't give the time of day let alone bank details .........

I get enginer will be out on 25th Aug

fine everything goes as planned "may I add I have had 3 statements each time for a different amount with call charges and thats before I have anyline .

ALSO they have sent me not 1 nor 2 wireless phones / routers (black version) but 3 , and 3g dongle "yes 3 which still all work so bonus there "

so everything fine , I goto to connect to the internet , NO FEKEN net whats the script ..........

BT "sorry MR Scott but you cancelled your broadband "
ME "did I "

this happened 3 times after this event , I went mental told them shove everything .

"BT thats fine we have revoked all charges ,its as you we never a customer "
"excellent Ill run take the free internet ,everything cool "

but whalllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa another BILL came in the post this very morning ....

arghhhhhhhhh so angry I cant type .........

HATE BT

JML
11-05-2009, 10:11 AM
people driving slowly on the left lanes of high ways, blocking everybody else.

people slow to react to green lights, allowing only 2 cars to go through.

people on bicycle during rush hour

having to use steam even on games I buy at the store.

dandeentremont
11-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Carnies.

Titus
11-05-2009, 10:17 AM
prius drivers, mostly because they all drive 20mph under speed limit.

Hey! (civic hybrid owner) I like how my gas tank lasts a whole month.

JML
11-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey! (civic hybrid owner) I like how my gas tank lasts a whole month.

I said prius drivers specifically, and not the car itself, but their drivers.

but if you drive 20mph under the speed limit then yeah, you are one of those guys.

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 10:30 AM

but if you drive 20mph under the speed limit then yeah, you are one of those guys.

pmSl that why it last a whole month :D

Titus
11-05-2009, 10:38 AM

I drive as fast as a granny.

Matt
11-05-2009, 11:17 AM
arghhhhhhhhh so angry I cant type .........

HATE BT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

:D

Chris S. (Fez)
11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Just drove somebody's Prius back from lunch. I was expecting it to handle like a girly little golf cart... but it was more like a manly remote control buggy.

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
new rant : FIREWORKS

people that throw them at your car when you have 3 small children in the back seat ,he is now bleeding ....................sever

give me 」70 and i'll blow your money up !

probiner
11-05-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

LOL MATT the editing made almost cry laughing...

Angry people (when not directed to you or directly or indirectly) are sooo funnnnyyy. I have a couple of angry men in my family, and it's bad to say this but i really enjoy to hear what they come up with when they're pissed. :D So creative

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 12:18 PM
LOL MATT the editing made almost cry laughing...

Angry people (when not directed to you or directly or indirectly) are sooo funnnnyyy. I have a couple of angry men in my family, and it's bad to say this but i really enjoy to hear what they come up with when they're pissed. :D So creative

He dude where in Portugal are you from ? my aunti just bought a new house over there .

sorry the image probably wont help narrow it down lol but i forgot the address the reason I ask where heading over there next year , Im thinkin Pint !

http://i1.bebo.com/039b/10/large/2007/11/25/11/3924954482a6199780568l.jpg

Oedo 808
11-05-2009, 01:12 PM
What grinds my gears? Needing a disposable email address, setting up a Hotmail account, logging in and being greeted by this:

Oh the silly people, to think that aside from the white trash that only have kids to afford more booze and fags, there are others slaving away to make a better future for their kids, when the answer to all their financial woes was right here.

And what the? ******* 」46??!! Bringing up children must a lot cheaper these days, I never realized, I'm off to have a bonk.

And when the **** did we start using .1 of a penny, I really must stop reading the Financial Times, that rag never mentioned anything about this, from now on I'm getting all my financial advice from The Sun.

**** you all the staff of "Primegaming".

probiner
11-05-2009, 01:30 PM
He dude where in Portugal are you from ? my aunti just bought a new house over there .

sorry the image probably wont help narrow it down lol but i forgot the address the reason I ask where heading over there next year , Im thinkin Pint !

http://i1.bebo.com/039b/10/large/2007/11/25/11/3924954482a6199780568l.jpg

Hmmm looks like a vacations house.
Normally ppl come here to Algarve, in the south: plenty of beaches and golf courses. But that house actually looks a bit like northen country...

Cheers

Rofl, Oedo 808 thats first class sick trash... Normally the story is the other way around =\

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Hmmm looks like a vacations house.
Normally ppl come here to Algarve, in the south: plenty of beaches and golf courses. But that house actually looks a bit like northen country...

Cheers

\

its [20:59:49] bill watson: Near Caldas de Rainha 1 hour north of Lisbon

probiner
11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
its [20:59:49] bill watson: Lol, what i that? coordinates? Caldas da Rainha is a nice place. There's a big chocolate fair every year in the castle... that makes everyone sick of chocolate for a time :D It's also known for the pottery. Obscene one, ahaha

Cheers

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Lol, what i that? coordinates?

sorry was mid skype conversation and unfourtanly in charge of a pc with alchol :D

DiscreetFX
11-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Crying 3rd party developers who just need better products.

Ever used any of them??? Comments from the peanut gallery are welcome but taking about stuff you have never used is an interesting hobby.

:thumbsup:

OnlineRender
11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Ever used any of them??? Comments from the peanut gallery are welcome but taking about stuff you have never used is an interesting hobby.

:thumbsup:

Smart and wity return service ! but unfourtanlty you broke the thread rules go back 3 spaces , and to do not pass GO "...........................

h2oStudios
11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Some little gear grinders-

Going to the laundrymat and there's only 2 people in there but ALL the f**king machines are occupied.

Coming back from the laundrymat with one sock less, every frekin time. I swear those machines eat socks.

In porn fliks, when the audio isn't even remotely relavent to the picture.

Spending like $20 on chinese take-out and the clerk asking if "you would like any sauce"?, and replying "Lot's of ducksauce", and she puts 2 little packets in the bag that when you get home turn out to be hotsauce anyway.

Getting the wrong order at the drive-thru.

Drive thru speaker systems - "So you want one ...ounder, with ...se and ... s... er and a large ...thy ... ke, would you like fries with that, sir?" <-What the f**k you say?!

People who go to the bar and order a diet soda.

Dog poop.

The people who don't pick up the dog poop.

People who let their evil little children run around like hopped-up-sugar-junkies in public places. If another little kid runs into my nads with their forehead chasing one of those ridiculously super bouncy rubber ball things I'm going to start carrying mace.

The line at a theme-park water slide, you spend 3 hours waiting for something that'll be over in 5 seconds.

People who are extremely interested in what you have to say, and when you're done they say "I'm sorry, what was that? I spaced out for second."

Just a few. :D

shrox
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Mosquitoes.

The fact that Howard Cosell is dead.

Getting a drink at a bar in warm or hot glass.

People that throw cigarettes butts on the ground or out the window of their car.

People that empty their car ashtray in a parking lot.

People that take up two spots to park.

People.

jasonwestmas
11-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Some little gear grinders-

Going to the laundrymat and there's only 2 people in there but ALL the f**king machines are occupied.

Coming back from the laundrymat with one sock less, every frekin time. I swear those machines eat socks.

Spending like $20 on chinese take-out and the clerk asking if "you would like any sauce"?, and replying "Lot's of ducksauce", and she puts 2 little packets in the bag that when you get home turn out to be hotsauce anyway.

Getting the wrong order at the drive-thru.

Drive thru speaker systems - "So you want one ...ounder, with ...se and ... s... er and a large ...thy ... ke, would you like fries with that, sir?" <-What the f**k you say?!

People who go to the bar and order a diet soda.

Dog poop.

People who let their evil little children run around like hopped-up-sugar-junkies in public places. If another little kid runs into my nads with their forehead chasing one of those ridiculously super bouncy rubber ball things I'm going to start carrying mace.

The line at a theme-park water slide, you spend 3 hours waiting for something that'll be over in 5 seconds.

People who are extremely interested in what you have to say, and when you're done they say "I'm sorry, what was that? I spaced out for second."

Just a few. :D

Gee you really have bad luck, I must live on a different planet or something.:D

ted
11-05-2009, 09:46 PM

How do you know about that?
And does it really matter? :D

h2oStudios
11-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Gee you really have bad luck, I must live on a different planet or something.:D

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little bit on certain things. But the sock thing is just a cosmic mystery, really.

You know what grinds my gears? People who exaggerate a little bit on certain things :D.

How do you know about that?
And does it really matter? :D

Well... um... uh... er... Well hell yes it matters! I'm an advocate for quality film making for God sakes!:thumbsup:

You wanna know what also grinds my gears?

The fact that Gmail has a poop emoticon with flies buzzing around it & everything, and Newtek Forums doesn't. Can't we splurge up a couple bucks for a poop emoticon around here? You have no idea how many times that would have come in handy on these forums. LOL.

LazyCoder
11-05-2009, 11:48 PM
- The severe lack of explosions in modern films (especially Rom-Coms).
- People who like to point out that monsters in movies "are all CGI-d", well DUH! Nice observation there buddy! Would you mind defining "radiosity" or "raytracing" for me? You have to go now? Well ain't that just a coincidence!
- People who think when they accidentally break their stuff (through no fault of the manufacturer), they think they should get a refund or a free replacement... the lack of responsibility among people nowadays amazes me...
- People who say they know a thing or two about graphics, then go on about how Call of Duty 5 has the best graphics of any game out there... (come on, it looks nice, but Crysis kicks the crap out of it).
- People who make fun of how we southerners talk ("ya'll" is a contraction for "you all", get over it).
- Stupid people in general sums it all up.
- The awful phone plan I'm on now (20 cents to send/receive a text!)
- I'm not a geek, I'm a nerd, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE (Nerds are productive whereas geeks sit around and "debate" MMORPG "tactics")
- Don't write a script with a curb stomp close-up in it then insist we do everything in camera!
- I don't know what the people in the dorm above me are doing, but the floor is SHAKING, and nobody outside my room can hear this incessant thumping.
- Running out of complaints. :D

Man oh man what did my dirty mind just turn that into... :hey:

h2oStudios
11-06-2009, 12:20 AM
- man oh man what did my dirty mind just turn that into... :hey:

lol!... Rofl!

IMI
11-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Stopping in at the convenience store to quickly buy just one thing, only to end up in line for ten minutes waiting for all the lottery addicts to get their fix.

h2oStudios
11-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Stopping in at the convenience store to quickly buy just one thing, only to end up in line for ten minutes waiting for all the lottery addicts to get their fix.

Son of a b*tch! I was thinking of that one! I live right 15 yards from mine, and when I go there for my tobacco there's a ish load of lotto freaks who constantly have the clerks glued (all 4 of them). Right on, that grinds my gears, lol.

IMI
11-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Son of a b*tch! I was thinking of that one! I live right 15 yards from mine, and when I go there for my tobacco there's a ish load of lotto freaks who constantly have the clerks glued (all 4 of them). Right on, that grinds my gears, lol.

Yeah, I should have also mentioned the people wanting to get their checks cashed there too, which burns me up almost as much.
I'm stopping by to grab some beer or some ice or a 2 liter bottle of Coke and hoping to be in and out real quick, but you have these jerks with their lottery kits in hand, spending their whole paycheck on lotto and scratch-off's.
And of course, they all have to stare at all the shiny little cards under the glass for a minute before deciding, I guess hoping the Lottery Gods will telepathically help them pick a winner. Makes me wanna go postal on them. :2guns:

biliousfrog
11-06-2009, 03:13 AM

A similar thing happens at our local post office (actually a couple of miles away but since RM closed all the post offices...anyway..)...Most people use it during their lunch break so why do the staff also have a lunch break at the same time?...The same thing happens at banks, between 12-2pm they only have one member of staff despite being their busiest time of the day!...after 2pm they have loads of counter staff and no customers.

Red_Oddity
11-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Dog poop.

Being a dog owner myself, i'm going to add to this a couple of things that grind my gears:

-Dog owner who didn't bother to spend less than 2 weeks teaching their dog to poop not on the curb but in the bushes (all it needs is saying 'no' when the dog tries to poop on the curb, then quickly pick up the pup and carry it into the bushes and say 'poop'), it took me less than 2 weeks and my dog has never ever taken a crap on someone else doorstep or curb.

-Dog owners who can't be bothered to carry a couple scented plastic doggy bags in their coat so they can clean up after their dog so i don't have to step into it. Yet they manage to carry their wallets and cell phones at all times, even when walking the dog

-Dog owners who don't do any basic puppy training with their dogs because since they have a small dog they don't think they need it. You know the type of dog this becomes? the stereo type small yapping asocial little bastard that attacks other dogs and people. The times i just wanted to kick such little bastards over the roof and then strange the owner with the dog leash.

-Car owners who don't use blinkers so i can anticipate

-Car owners who don't seem to understand the concept of a roundabout and yield (the times i have stared death in the face as a cyclist ,ans this is Holland, we have more bikes than we have inhabitants and we have special roads for bikes next to the car roads)

biliousfrog
11-06-2009, 04:24 AM
....we have more bikes than we have inhabitants and we have special roads for bikes next to the car roads)

We have loads of dedicated cycle paths round here, a nice seperate strip in red tarmac, with a pic of a cycle at each end to easily identify it, and raised from the road with a decent verge to keep the cyclists safe....yet, every day I have to swerve round bloody idiots that insist on riding along the edge of the road, weaving around drains, bumping over potholes and blowing around in the wind. The council has used tax-payers money to encourage cycling and make cyclists safer yet it seems that some idiots would prefer to dice with death on busy roads...that really bothers me.:bangwall:

archijam
11-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Rip-off Britain

.. only if you pay in pounds ;)

I order all my english books, dvds, games etc. on amazon.co.uk and so cheap!

Just to keep on topic ..

Since I'm an Australian living in Switzerland, I can't comment.

I have to watch my blood pressure ... :!

art
11-06-2009, 07:34 AM
- long lines at stores where less than half of cash registers are actually open
- squirrels digging out my wife's flower bulbs

cars are popular topic, here are a few of mine:
- traffic jams
- those aholes using highway emergency breakdown lanes when there's traffic jam
- people on back roads who for miles seem to drive exactly where you are driving, but who are just too slow

gerry_g
11-06-2009, 02:57 PM
DVI-A, DVI-D, DVI_I, VGA, Mini DVI, Mini Display Port....... your at business meeting you go to plug your laptop into their (the clients) projector AAAAH !!!! you know the rest

OnlineRender
11-06-2009, 03:45 PM
removing threads when they just start to get interesting ! :D

IMI
11-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Missing replies to threads that apparently got too interesting while I was gone. ;)

Kuzey
11-06-2009, 03:59 PM
removing threads when they just start to get interesting !

hehe

I think they need to release a few Core videos or more information, not about LWHC...but Core...people are getting restless.

ps....it would be a shame if this thread went bye...bye too.

Kuzey

h2oStudios
11-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Dumpster Trucks.

Dumpster trucks at 4 am.

Dumpster-Truck-Drivers at 4 am in the parking lot in front of my house that lift the dumpster and insist on driving around the block with the dumpster high in the air.

Dumpster-Truck-Drivers at 4 am in the parking lot in front of my house that lift the dumpster and insist on driving around the block with the dumpster high in the air and end up ripping the power line from my house with their "extremely keen sense of judgement of distance" and then decide to frantically drive off as if no one will notice them. Your driving a f**king dumpster truck for f**k's sake, it's 4 am, trust me you're not remotely inconspicuous a**h**e!

Calling Con Ed at 4:05 am.

Waiting till 6 am for Con Ed to finish replacing my power line.

Now that, people, is what really grinds my gears. :D

OnlineRender
11-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Dumpster Trucks.

Dumpster trucks at 4 am.

Dumpster-Truck-Drivers at 4 am in the parking lot in front of my house that lift the dumpster and insist on driving around the block with the dumpster high in the air.

Dumpster-Truck-Drivers at 4 am in the parking lot in front of my house that lift the dumpster and insist on driving around the block with the dumpster high in the air and end up ripping the power line from my house with their "extremely keen sense of judgement of distance" and then decide to frantically drive off as if no one will notice them. Your driving a f**king dumpster truck for f**k's sake, it's 4 am, trust me you're not remotely inconspicuous a**h**e!

that was funny !

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

people who are infront of you at the hole in the wall a.k.a ATM ,who decide to access every bank card under the sun ........not 1 nor 2 nor 3 .............

SFX: SHOTGUN COCK

IMI
11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Dumpster Trucks.

Dumpster trucks at 4 am.

Hey, I already did this one, but I called them garbage trucks. ;)
But that's OK, I'm sure nobody likes this one!

What's funny about this though is this almost *exact* thing happened to me a few years ago, only it was my cable line, not the power line. At least the power company will get you fixed right away, but I had to go without TV and internet for almost a week.

h2oStudios
11-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey, I already did this one, but I called them garbage trucks. ;)
But that's OK, I'm sure nobody likes this one!

What's funny about this though is this almost *exact* thing happened to me a few years ago, only it was my cable line, not the power line. At least the power company will get you fixed right away, but I had to go without TV and internet for almost a week.

LOL, whoops, didn't read some previous posts.

Someone should have this one ;) -

People who don't read previous posts on forum threads before posting themselves, lol.

h2oStudios
11-06-2009, 05:18 PM
that was funny !

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

people who are infront of you at the hole in the wall a.k.a ATM ,who decide to access every bank card under the sun ........not 1 nor 2 nor 3 .............

SFX: SHOTGUN COCK

LOL.

Or how about the people who try to make a withdrawl and there transaction is denied, but they repeatedly try again convinced that there's something wrong with the machine. "You're broke, buddy, face it there's no money in your account."

Stooch
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
poor sound levels mixing in porn.

sometimes you gotta crank it up to hear anything and sometimes your speakers clip and neighbors come knocking, asking to be in the middle.

They are a nice elderly couple, but no thanks.

h2oStudios
11-06-2009, 10:04 PM
You know what grinds my gears?

The fact that the cat in Stooch's avatar can play the piano better than me.:D

IMI
11-08-2009, 05:14 AM
You know what grinds my gears?

The fact that the cat in Stooch's avatar can play the piano better than me.:D

Well Stooch is a pretty talented guy. ;)

OnlineRender
11-08-2009, 06:00 AM
- getting over exited when you see that your thread has ..............LASTPAGE :D

OnlineRender
11-08-2009, 07:49 AM
TOshiba and PC worlds customer services

SCREAMS " Stop reading the pdf you ignorant pr!ck I know exactly whats wrong and its your FAULT "

#please press 1 for option , now wehaveanother 6 options , you get to the end and ...............sorry please redail with this new number and start the whole thing again !

Khumii
11-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I just got back from an AVL conference. Before going to the conference, I had all but decided to get rid of my VT-5 and go with Final Cut pro. It seemed that I couldn't get the support and help from VT that i really needed, and I have had so many problems with VT that I wanted out! AFter being at the conference for 2 days, I started rethinking. Maybe FC isn't better? Maybe Mac isn't the answer? Some of the things that VT will do that FC and others won't, had me rethinking. So, with new energy, I decided to see if I could just find a local VT support person and try to find out WHY my VT won't do the things the manual says it should do. I went on NewTek's web site, looked up resellers and found one provider in Seattle. I clicked on the providers web site and guess what I found? A RESELLER OF FINAL CUT PRO!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! They didn't even offer VT stuff!!! HOLY @#[email protected]%!! So, I decided to go to Newtek customer service. Before I could get off the first page, I was done! I couldn't believe that NewTek is still advertising their office hours for Christmas and New Years - FROM 2008!!!!! GIVE ME STRENGTH! So, now I'm thinking, "how in the world is this company (NewTek) actually going to HELP ME when they can't even update thier website to current years, OR get resellers to sale their products!!!?!?!?!? I want to believe in NewTek, honestly, but I am looking for the nearest bridge!

BlueApple
11-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I want to believe in NewTek, honestly, but I am looking for the nearest bridge!

Khumii-

You probably don't need to post the same message in this thread and create a brand new one as well.

That said, I can certainly empathize with you when it comes to the management of Newtek's site. It isn't updated with information as rapidly as I'd like, which leaves some areas to be outdated.

I hope you get some assistance with VT soon. Maybe giving NT a call on Monday during business hours could prove useful.

OnlineRender
11-08-2009, 10:10 AM
specky wee fat spotty retarded people who think they have higher athourity because some degenartive felt sorry for them ,and made them MANAGER

Screams : I'm not stupid ,infact my grasp of the world is 10 times better than yours .stop speaking to me as if im from another world ...............and your lame legal excuses are exactly that

OnlineRender
11-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Forums that dont let you post this "TOSHIBA FORUM CUSTOMER RANT "mines

Firstly I'll state I know first hand that sarcasm and being generally rude via a forum will not get issue's resolved any faster , but I feel raped by Toshiba and 3rd parties and obliged to post

Lets start at the beginning , that's usually the best place .

On 2008 I bought a Toshiba , being a 3D artist I thought this would be a great investment .
But sadly I was wrong .

Purchased at PC WORLD GLASGOW - for 450 GBP "just for geographical reference "

Once I had opened the shinny new box and carefully unwrapped the dangerous contents , I switched on my laptop with bated breath........................

Guess what ?

3 dead pixels not at the side nor the top but right in the middle .
Now you can understand my concerns being a graphics artist , but this issue was quickly resolved "After a Huge fight with PC world because there generative manager policy for today was

" You cant return Unless it had 5 or more dead pixels "

" WRONG ANSWER MY FRIEND "

Ok ,so excellent they swapped it ,after I had to fork out another 50 GBP for an upgraded version because they had none in stock ! .
So effectively I got another machine that I didn't want for extra money .....superb

Ok so, I get this machine home , TOSHIBA EQUIUM A210
everythings fine and dandy for about 1 week

A) DVD DRIVE

-At first I notice the DVD drive acting funny , reading discs then not reading them it lost all function except the ability to read ,ok not a problem I have a home PC that can burn discs ,I'll let that one slip .

B) PAINT FLAKING OFF
the paint on front panel "where the lights are " starts to flake and fall off .

-Ok I'll put that down to wear and tear but its still only a month old

C) OVER HEATING (MEGA) Burnt my daughters arm .

- As I mentioned above I do graphics , this machine main purpose was to browse the internet ,maybe a few world docs , not render out 9 million polyz , I fully understand this concept .

but it started to overheat , I'm not talking about a little bit warm , I'm talking full on ,that much you could cook an egg on . not only did the machine but also the power pack . remembering this machine is still less than 2 months old .
The heat was that intense that it burnt a perfect rectangle onto my 3 year old daughters arm .

-arguing with my wife not to sue for faulty/dangerous electrical goods I phoned customer services up , and spoke to a very nice gentlemen that was happy to help .

Excellent Laptop getting picked up and taken away to get fixed ----SEE CUSTOMER SERVICES NOTES .

I was that considerate that I re-formatted the machine ,dragged all the essential tools onto the desktop ,you know control panel , system setting ect . and even made a nice jpeg schematic where the faults are "because I know how much off a pain in the teeth it can be working on the tech side and anything I can do to help "

1 or 2 weeks later I get my newly refurbished laptop back .
Superb , or so I thought ...................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump forward 6 months later , just before the manufactures warranty runs out IRONICALLY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inbetween random faults and the paint starting to fall of AGAIN ,
The machine starts to switch its self randomly off ! without prior warning .

"Ok , maybe it was just a system fault , I'll restore .

Nope still doing it , Maybe its the battery not holding charge and it's struggling to detect it ?????

Nope its still cutting out ................

May I also add after the return off the machine ,which in my professional opp " YOU JUST REPLACED THE SHELL AND BLEW THE DUST OFF " . --------- PLEASE POST CUSTOMER SERVICES NOTES ...."maybe I'm wrong ?"

Now due to the machine randomly switching it's self off it caused massive corrupt sectors and chkdisk errors and loss of data ."some of which was costly , but functionally I'm an intelligent spices I managed to back MOST data up .

Ok so not a problem It's getting old (1year and 3weeks to be exact ) , its generally used for Internet ,theres some work and some personal photos ,nothing thats going to rock your world .
I'll use it for that .

OVERHEATING AGAIN :

Now this can be caused by dust ,also quoted by one of your ignorant members of staff .--

!!!!but this was caused by another mass produced product ,quickly shipped out and grossly missing product user safety testing .....................

HOW DO I KNOW THIS ::::::::::::::::::::::;

Mainly because when you Google Toshiba A210 it hits over 3 million user faults / problems
"Excuse me for sounding like one of your tech guys , but I used google search string to legitimize the search "
and the evidence is there .

Ok so its overheating ,thats maybe why it keeps cutting out ?
not a problem ,not UNTILL TODAY .

"sorry it took so long to get here "

So today My daughter "now 4 " is playing on nickjnr home page "Carefully avoiding the hot lava that pours from the heat vent at the side , and it cuts out again ....

Goto Switch back on

" A method we now call " PULL THE PLUG OUT AND SWITCH ON AND OFF 5 TIMES ,STAND ON 1 LEG & PRAY .............

and up pops this

http://www.johndball.com-a.googlepages.com/images-mlsBIOS.JPG

some here may have seen this before ...................

THIS IS CAUSED by poor programming and bad development

BIOS :

Its called BIOS lock "and yes i did try , TOSHIBA , ADMIN , 12345678 blah blah blah " effectivily the machines decides to encrypt or maybe not encrypt a password , just depends how it feels that day .

Toshiba know about this fault and offer a fix ##maybe at a price ,just depends on what sales rep you get ##

This is the whole point of the conversation so If I lost you with bad grammer / spelling at any point in the post please PAY ATTENTION this is the IMPORTANT PART

================================================== ==========================

I searched ways to brute force , fix , remove battery and so on when I decided enough was enough this machine is faulty -------I'm going to give legal jargon here just so you know where on the same page .

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended

Goods must be:

テδ「テつテつ「fit for the purpose they are made for
テδ「テつテつ「safe
テδ「テつテつ「durable - last for a reasonable time
テδ「テつテつ「have no minor defects
テδ「テつテつ「acceptable in look and finish

There's others if you would like me to continue ,even better ones but I'll just use this one right now , just to be polite .

Your PRODUCT was faulty since it left the covaor belt , your people should have picked up on this when it got returned but I'm sure they may have been busy ! .

Now we can argue these points and justifications but ontop all that .................
this hurts the most .

Today I phoned - TOSHIBA CUSTOMER SERVICES :
"Sorry Mr Scott for the problem you can either wait and we'll send someone out to fix it , OR I QUOTE you can take it to PC WORLD and because there TECHGUYS they will be obliged to fix FOR FREE due to it being purchased there .

I PHONE SEVERAL PCWORLD NUMBERS UP and bounced there calls try to get an answer before someone on the end says # " Maybe you should take into your local store 15 miles away " ----

great thinking sherlock

OK

I GOTO PC WORLD : Yet another human with the capacity of a moth , 300 million sperm and that's the one that got threw .

TELLS ME " We don't do that because we are are not obliged to fix it " ,"But i have a piece of paper with a customer reference that a trusted toshiba services man gave me :(

Ok hold my breath walk out and go and phone TOSHIBA up again not a problem ................
This is where it gets good , I phone you after speaking to another 4 or 5 people on your side .

When I get to speak to someone that's happy to help but at a price ,who decides to become law and Order roled into one, the conversation gets silly and YOU throw potential threats and jargon around #congrates your grease monkey can read off a pdf document ,well so can mine ,but fortunate she has practiced Law for the last 10 years and is pretty accurate ...

but again I said Polite so here it is :

YOUR QUOTE TO FIX YOUR PRODUCT ::: 100 + GBP give or take just depends on how constructive your people decide to be that day ...

So here is my QUOTE

PHONE CALLS
TOSHIBA 8 : average length 20 minutes 8 GBP
PC WORLD 4 @ 1.50 min 15 GBP
GAS / FUEL : 15 GBP
Loss of Earnings : 90 GBP @ 5 DAYS 410 GBP

Damages " DO YOU GET MY POINT YET ? "

As I mentioned I'm a reserved man ,but getting shafted by TOSHIBA from all angles does has Limits

Now what I would like to see arriving on my front door is a new brand spanking Laptop with " WE ARE SORRY " note attached .
but for some reason I don't get that impression ?????

I'm hoping we can remedy this issue in a sensible fashion ,
If we can't , I do have a great idea of posting a YOUTUBE video of me destroying your product with several sharp objects , counter productive maybe ,but when it hits a million hits I'm sure I will get another company to give me a laptop out the kindness of there heart ................

Now for forum posters I apologize for raining on your day , to TOSHIBA please try to understand why I'm a little bit upset .

Have a nice day

PEACE .

onlinerender

PM ME .......................................

Hieron
11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
What really grinds my gears is people that spam their insanely long rant in 3 different threads.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Wedding in West Virginia this weekend (not mine, god forbid). Came out with a couple more mild "gear-grinders":

1) Granny cleavage. At my table there was cleavage...old and deep as the grand canyon.

2) Groom used the word "utilized" in his speech...twice. The word "utilized" is a worthless word. Unlike, say, "leverage" or "employed," which might clarify meaning in some cases, "utilized" adds nothing but pretension to a sentence IMO.

If you mean "used" say "used."

IMI
11-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Granny cleavage?
Oh c'mon man, I was just about to have breakfast! :D

IMI
11-09-2009, 01:48 AM
I have a new one:
People who ruin my appetite by mentioning granny cleavage. ;)

Chris S. (Fez)
11-09-2009, 06:42 AM
I have a new one:
People who ruin my appetite by mentioning granny cleavage. ;)

My apologies. Better then grandpa balls though...

By the time we become grandpas maybe huge, saggy, shriveled hooters will be HAWT.

Enjoy your lunch if you can :beerchug:.

biliousfrog
11-09-2009, 07:41 AM
mmmmm.....gilf ;)

Another for the list, people posting HD+ images in forum threads so that the text in the rest of the thread is stretched just a little too much to read without scrolling from left to right on a 24" monitor with the browser maximized...for f*"」$ sake just link to them!

OnlineRender
11-09-2009, 07:43 AM
/\ sorry my bad guilty of that /\

biliousfrog
11-09-2009, 08:16 AM
/\ sorry my bad guilty of that /\

I hadn't noticed but someone else did it in another thread and it made the whole thread really difficult to read...in fact I just scrolled down to the offending image, rolled my eyes and looked at a different thread. Large images aren't a problem usually but I shouldn't need to scroll left to right on a 1980x1200 screen just to read a sentence.

Red_Oddity
11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I hadn't noticed but someone else did it in another thread and it made the whole thread really difficult to read...in fact I just scrolled down to the offending image, rolled my eyes and looked at a different thread. Large images aren't a problem usually but I shouldn't need to scroll left to right on a 1980x1200 screen just to read a sentence.

Something which is easily solved with some CSS styling and expressions, or Java

IMI
11-09-2009, 01:29 PM
* Spending 20 minutes signing and/or initialing 30 separate sheets of paper just to renew my auto insurance - after waiting at the office for half an hour to talk to the rep.
I mean it's the same policy I had last year, and the the year before... why can't they just slap one bundle of papers in front of me and get just one signature for the whole mess? Total waste of time as well as paper.

* Realizing once again that after 27 years of driving I've never once made an insurance claim, have had no accidents and only one ticket, and have never gotten a dime back from any insurance company. I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars I've spent through all these years to have auto insurance for "just in case". Might as well just take all that money and toss it into the street.

* Not being able to claim "self-insured" status and just deal with any problems on my own.

Yeah, I just got back from my insurance agent's office...

*Oh yeah, having to go into the damn office to renew my policy and not just being able to renew it online like I pay my monthly bills.

Grrrrrrr.... :cursin:

IMI
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Well this one would not be wise AT ALL - unless of course you are independently wealthy. :)

Not independently wealthy, but I'd just as soon play the odds against my impeccable driving record and take my chances. Having a law that *forces* me to give money to people for no good reason burns me up.
Just be glad I don't rant about it online every month after I pay my bill. I do rant about it every month though, just not online. ;)

Edit-
But yeah, I know, I know. And I would probably still have insurance even if I had the option to be self-insured. You never know, and all that.
But if there's a law saying I have to give money to these f'ers there should be a law saying they have to return some of it each year if there were no claims. Why should the cards be stacked totally in their favor? why should WE be the ones to get nothing while they make billions of dollars doing their best to *deny* legitimate claims?

Just a rant though...

IMI
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Well maybe not so much outright denying claims, although I have heard cases of that happening, but also, other people's lawyers suing for far more than the insurance company was willing to pay, and winning. And of course, the insurance company's lawyers are going to look for every possible loophole. All that smiling and assurance you get when buying a policy is really rather fragile if some corporate attorney ever has to get involved.

But even worse than that is they don't have to deny claims. I know a whole lot of people who have had fender benders and simply paid it out-of-pocket to avoid the insurance company's involvement altogether. Because you know, all they're going to do is raise your rates and in the long run it's cheaper to pay a few hundred for some minor repair work, as opposed to several hundred more in increased rates.
So just the threat of knowing that is enough to discourage people from actually using what they're paying for.
I just don't think it's right, is all. :)

IMI
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Well I can't help but feel that if auto insurance policies offered real incentives, like a sizable portion of your money back for filing no claims, that people might just be a little more careful, that the roads might be a little bit safer.
Aetna (I think) does that, but it's something minuscule like only 5% back or something like that, but it only applies if you buy the better policies with all the bells and whistles. And if you pay a thousand a year for a policy, that's a measly fifty bucks, while the other $950.00 went to their profits and paying for other people's claims.

If it were up to me I'd raise the driving age to 21, but allow for exceptions for 18+ year old's who really need to drive for work or school or hardship situations. But I don't know of too many 16 year old's who are really ready to be out there regularly. And alot of what we pay is to cover the costs of the careless and inexperienced. Thinking back, neither I nor any of my friends should have been driving when we were 16. I can't believe I survived that age. ;)

But anyway, back on topic:

*Junk mail. One of these years I'm gonna save it all and weigh it at the end of the year, then multiply that by about a hundred million to get an average for the whole country. I wonder how much money is wasted on creating and sending junk mail. Even my Post Office regularly spams me with junk mail, reminding me I can buy stamps through the mail or online. I mean, do I really need to be reminded of that every month?
And I get 3 or 4 huge mailers every week from the grocery stores and Wal Mart. Practically catalogs, they are. ;)

And the auto dealers with those "coupons" that look like checks or come wrapped like a W-2. Do they all think we're idiots or something?

AdamAvenali
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Even my Post Office regularly spams me with junk mail, reminding me I can buy stamps through the mail or online. I mean, do I really need to be reminded of that every month?
And I get 3 or 4 huge mailers every week from the grocery stores and Wal Mart. Practically catalogs, they are.

+1 :agree:

Kuzey
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Not having an iPhone...or any other phone that can record video when you need one.

I saw an interesting light in the sky tonight. At first, I thought is was a large bright star. Then I noticed it moving and I checked to see if it had red blinking lights..to see if it was a plane etc. Now the thing is wobbling as it flew....which lasted about four seconds. Then the light dims to the level of a distant star and maybe shrinks as well(not sure), three seconds after that the light goes out....nothing left.

Man....I wish I had a iPhone with me...hehe.

Kuzey

Chris S. (Fez)
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Had the same credit card for 7 years. Always paid on time. I was late 2 days and the rate went from 11% to 28%.

My fault. I take full responsibility...but ouch that is a harsh jump.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Not having an iPhone...or any other phone that can record video when you need one.

I saw an interesting light in the sky tonight.

Kuzey

Man, so true.

As for your sighting, that is irritating ME not knowing what that was...

shrox
11-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Had the same credit card for 7 years. Always paid on time. I was late 2 days and the rate went from 11% to 28%.

My fault. I take full responsibility...but ouch that is a harsh jump.

Did you call them? They will usually drop it back down if you threaten to move your balance to a different or new card.

shrox
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM

I saw an interesting light in the sky tonight. At first, I thought is was a large bright star. Then I noticed it moving and I checked to see if it had red blinking lights..to see if it was a plane etc. Now the thing is wobbling as it flew....which lasted about four seconds. Then the light dims to the level of a distant star and maybe shrinks as well(not sure), three seconds after that the light goes out....nothing left.

Kuzey

Sounds like you saw a meteor that was headed right at you! I have seen those. They burn up hundreds of miles away before they would reach you though.

shrox
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Something that annoys me is when people wait until their purchase is scanned and totaled before they even pull out their checkbook and begin to hunt for a pen.

Kuzey
11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Man, so true.

As for your sighting, that is irritating ME not knowing what that was...

Hehe......the wobbling freaked me out the most...I wish it lasted longer.

Kuzey

Chris S. (Fez)
11-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Did you call them? They will usually drop it back down if you threaten to move your balance to a different or new card.

I'll have to.

This might just be me: an idea strikes you in the middle of the night that is soooo ingenious there's no possible way you'll forget it.

Next morning you of course wake up to...cobwebs.

A voice recorder by my bed would solve that

Intuition
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM

Yeah, agreed, I heard about the story of the lady that said she would pay no further until they brought the rate back down and she won.

Kuzey
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Sounds like you saw a meteor that was headed right at you! I have seen those. They burn up hundreds of miles away before they would reach you though.

Hehe...actually, it was going away from me in the opposite direction :D

Do meteorites wobble back and forth as they fall...freaky stuff.

Kuzey

shrox
11-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Kuzey

They can drift around a tiny bit as they slow, was it more varying degrees of brightness?

Oedo 808
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM

You mean it wasn't getting bigger as it burnt up? :p

They can do, depends how much we're talking. What happens is that sometime you get the rare combination of a fat skydiver and a pilot that goes too high. Their wobbly re-entry looks exactly as you've described.

Rumour has it that in the future this will happen again with an incredibly fat person who will accelerate so fast they will transcend the speed of light, traversing time and space eventually emerging to hit Earth in the distant past, wiping out the dinosaurs.

Actually, that might have been what you saw... And you missed the chance to catch it on camera!!! :cursin:

IMI
11-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Something that annoys me is when people wait until their purchase is scanned and totaled before they even pull out their checkbook and begin to hunt for a pen.

Yeah, reminds me of a couple more that regularly irritate the hell outta me:

*People who have 50 coupons at the supermarket checkout and want to haggle over every last penny, as my ice cream melts and my beer gets warm while waiting in line. I once actually gave a woman 5 bucks just to quit arguing with the cashier and get the hell out of the store.

*People at the supermarket checkout who realize they needed another loaf of bread or something so they send their kid to go find one while holding up the entire line.

*People with 25 items in the "15 items or less" express lane at the supermarket.

*Trying to defeat Wal Mart's desire for me to be in there for a long time waiting in long lines by going really early in the morning. Only to be defeated by whole sections closed because they're waxing them, and finding out they only have one checkout lane opened and still I end up waiting a long time.

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 04:17 AM
1 person used there credit card to pay for a newspaper "daily record " 33 p infront of me the other day .

I did get threw out of Greggs one time for fighting with another customer who was in line at the same time as me , not only did my sasuage roll get cold ,I got a black eye . was kinda funny though , " he started for no reason shouting like a mad man about crispy rolls to this poor over worked under-paid worker .
"he was totaly in the wrong " and when I told him nicely to shut the F(^& up he decided to pick a fight with me .

"wrong move my friend "

4 years of kickboxing you tend to learn something .
I smacked his head off the glass plate "next to oval bites " and bounced him all over the shop , kinda scrappy ,but the fat git mannaged to get a left hook in .

ever since then i get free pasties "QUALITY "

SBowie
11-10-2009, 05:46 AM
But if there's a law saying I have to give money to these f'ers there should be a law saying they have to return some of it each year if there were no claims.The only place I've ever lived where this happened was Saskatchewan (birthplace of many of Canada's socialized policies). My annual fees were pretty reasonable as I recall, and at the end of the every year, I used to get a check back from SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance). I don't know if that is stil true or not, it's >20 years since I lived there.

Toshiba Tech GB
11-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Dear community members!

Since we feel the urge to pour oil on troubled waters, Toshiba UK
grants the readers of this board a discount voucher on its products.

Please follow the link and fill out the form.
Toshiba UK PR section (http://toshiba.co.uk.url-Site.com)

Yours sincerely

Adam Logan

Public Relations
Toshiba Information Systems (UK) Ltd
Toshiba Court, Weybridge Business Park
Addlestone Road
Weybridge
Surrey
KT15 2UL

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 05:54 AM

allabulle
11-10-2009, 06:06 AM
People complaining that someone else always thinks he or she is right whenever he or she argues. I call that respect: if I'm arguing I think I am right and the other point of view is wrong. Why would I argue if I don't think something is wrong?

The clerk getting offended when I check if the 20 bill he just gave me after buying something is legit or fake after he carefully checked my right-off-the-cash-machine 50 bill without me complaining.

People talking to me without any consideration and about anything important at all when I'm reading, as if I was just bored ("hence the book" they might think.)

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 06:16 AM
- farts that turn into something a little bit more
- throttle cable sticking when your going round a roundabout (argh wasn't fun)
- getting smoked by better artists in the speed modellin :D kiddin
- fuel / electric prices ..
- bad editing / lighting in porn movies , " I'm pretty positive I just seen that scene "

IMI
11-10-2009, 06:21 AM
People who use the word "Banned" for their Custom User Title, causing me to waste a bunch of time searching their recent posts to find out what happened. ;)

People claiming to be from companies like, oh let's just say Toshiba for example, with nothing better to do than make ridiculous posts in forums. :D

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 06:23 AM
People who use the word "banned" for their Custom User Title, causing me to waste a bunch of time searching their recent posts to find out what happened. ;)

People claiming to be from companies like, oh let's just say Toshiba for example, with nothing better to do than make ridiculous posts in forums. :D

people who highlight this issue ,when the parties envolved already know this :)

ive just got banned so when i finally do get Banned you will not know .
mwhahahahah evil laugh time .. :D

IMI
11-10-2009, 06:25 AM
people who highlight this issue ,when the parties envolved already know this :)

ive just got banned so when i finally do get Banned you will not know .
mwhahahahah evil laugh time .. :D

That's alright, most of your posts are funny enough to be worth it going back for a read or two. :D

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 06:26 AM
That's alright, most of your posts are funny enough to be worth it going back for a read or two. :D

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that was nice ! shame I can't say the same for you .... :D kiddin

love you really in the none kinda gay way ....here have some man love

IMI
11-10-2009, 06:43 AM
:eek:

Kuzey
11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
They can drift around a tiny bit as they slow, was it more varying degrees of brightness?

The brightness only dimmed at the last few seconds before it totally went out. As it was wobbling side to side, it stayed bright (same brightness) for about 5 seconds, once the wobble seem to stop....it dimmed as well.

There was no light streak like you normally get (see photo), it just looked like a solid ball at all times. There was no smoke or anything I can see.

http://meteoriteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Meteor.jpg

Kuzey

Kuzey
11-10-2009, 06:54 AM
They can do, depends how much we're talking. What happens is that sometime you get the rare combination of a fat skydiver and a pilot that goes too high. Their wobbly re-entry looks exactly as you've described.

Hehe.....damn those silly skydivers :D

Kuzey

Kuzey
11-10-2009, 07:01 AM
- farts that turn into something a little bit more

Talking about that.....having the "runs" while 10 minutes away from home :D

I made it home safely...5 seconds more and it would have been different.

Kuzey

StereoMike
11-10-2009, 07:13 AM
On the topic:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/img.tnt/CWgTJTvhckWLGgFDSzpeYAss/OmBgpGZN1kyDHROkEXlFNQss_l.jpg

love you really in the none kinda gay way ....here have some man love

It's not gay until balls touch.

archijam
11-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Holy crap its StereoMike :)

How's the world looking these days?

Lightwolf
11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Not independently wealthy, but I'd just as soon play the odds against my impeccable driving record and take my chances.
The problem is that it basically insures others, not you.
I.e. if you get run over by some poor driver, you'd rather be able to make a claim then get zilch because the driver is broke.

That also means that others are paying for your insurance though ;)

Cheers,
Mike

StereoMike
11-10-2009, 08:02 AM
uh, life's a journey, y'know?

My biggest client had his sales nearly cut to half, which in turn made my purse sad. Searched for an employment, found something that really sounded nice, got screwed (that prick still owes me money), landed a nice freelance project, done a self-promo dvd (3 reels), some job applications, and waiting for the fruits to harvest. Two companies invited me to an interview. And worked for Toshiba for two posts.

mike

archijam
11-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Mike: PM'd.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/apashin/arrowed.jpg

ps. And no, it's not about balls.

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
And worked for Toshiba for two posts.

mike

I would have used the name Nigel Evans thats head of the department !

not Adam , hes the scrabble champ ......BIAATCH :)

RollerJesus
11-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Clients that say: "I need an ad using these (http://www.artistichairandmakeup.com/about.html)images."

my oh my...

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Clients that say: "I need an ad using these (http://www.artistichairandmakeup.com/about.html)images."

my oh my...

I think they need to work on the website first :P thats a nightmare , been there done that .

shrox
11-10-2009, 10:14 AM

my oh my...

Make-up artists and real estate agents always have a picture from 15 years ago...

StereoMike
11-10-2009, 12:54 PM
@lol Shrox!

h2oStudios
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
The fact that I'm completely unfamiliar with the cosmetic benefits of guacamole.^ :D

shrox
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
The fact that I'm completely unfamiliar with the cosmetic benefits of guacamole.^ :D

It hides your face.

h2oStudios
11-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Smart people. Smart people grind my gears. With all their smartness and intelligence. Why can't everyone on this planet be as dumb as say... Um, George W... Oh wait that'd be breaking the thread rules wouldn't it.:D Okay, scratch that.

Dumb people. Dumb people grind my gears.

h2oStudios
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
it hides your face.

lol

StereoMike
11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
and it helps hiding in the trees. Have you ever seen me in a forest near you? See.

shrox
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
and it helps hiding in the trees. Have you ever seen me in a forest near you? See.

I was suspicious when I noticed two branches with five twigs at the end of each. Hmm, that doesn't match tree branching patterns...and that tree is only 6 foot tall at most...and it is wearing a NewTek t-shirt...

h2oStudios
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM

You're right I haven't seen you in a forest near me. I did however see you spread accross someone's burritto at the local mexican restuarant.:D

shrox
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM
You're right I haven't seen you in a forest near me. I did however see you spread accross someone's burritto at the local mexican restuarant.:D

Oh, burn!

h2oStudios
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh, burn!

Hey, now that wasn't an insult. I find burrittos to be quite tasty and nutritious. I just wouldn't wear one on my face:D.

People who don't like burritos grind my gears.:mad:

shrox
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey, now that wasn't an insult. I find burrittos to be quite tasty and nutritious. I just wouldn't wear one on my face:D.

People who don't like burritos grind my gears.:mad:

Oh, well. Maybe the stuff was hot...

IMI
11-10-2009, 04:25 PM
speaking of food...

*The fact that I can't get a good enchilada anywhere and haven't had one in so long I can't remember. Years. And authentic Mexican food in general.
Everything around here is either Taco Bell or some variety of Tex Mex, and watered down to make it more palatable to sissfied Americans who can't handle spicy food.

*Something went bad wrong for pizza several years ago and it never recovered. Pizza Hut is bland, Papa John's is crap, and Domino's is the excrement of a feces eater. About the only "big name" pizza I like anymore is Sbarro's, but I can only get that at the mall 20 miles away.
Of course, the small time, no-name Italian pizzerias still do it right at least
(unlike their Mexican counterparts around here).

* "Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food", "Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food Substitute". WTF? I spend way too much time trying to find the "real" cheese, and it's just kind of hidden behind 500 pounds of fake cheese varieties made with vegetable oil.

*Reduced fat this, low sodium that, heart healthy this-n-that...
50% less flavor with 100% more chemicals. Excuse me but where do you hide the real stuff?

shrox
11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
speaking of food...

*The fact that I can't get a good enchilada anywhere and haven't had one in so long I can't remember. Years. And authentic Mexican food in general.
Everything around here is either Taco Bell or some variety of Tex Mex, and watered down to make it more palatable to sissfied Americans who can't handle spicy food.

*Something went bad wrong for pizza several years ago and it never recovered. Pizza Hut is bland, Papa John's is crap, and Domino's is the excrement of a feces eater. About the only "big name" pizza I like anymore is Sbarro's, but I can only get that at the mall 20 miles away.
Of course, the small time, no-name Italian pizzerias still do it right at least
(unlike their Mexican counterparts around here).

* "Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food", "Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food Substitute". WTF? I spend way too much time trying to find the "real" cheese, and it's just kind of hidden behind 500 pounds of fake cheese varieties made with vegetable oil.

*Reduced fat this, low sodium that, heart healthy this-n-that...
50% less flavor with 100% more chemicals. Excuse me but where do you hide the real stuff?

Phoenix and Tucson Arizona have the very best Mexican food in the States. I so miss Sonoran...

IMI
11-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Phoenix and Tucson Arizona have the very best Mexican food in the States. I so miss Sonoran...

Strangely enough, the best Mexican food I ever had was in Pennsylvania at a little mom-n-pop authentic Mexican restaurant.

OnlineRender
11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Strangely enough, the best Mexican food I ever had was in Pennsylvania at a little mom-n-pop authentic Mexican restaurant.

Tenerife

h2oStudios
11-11-2009, 10:47 PM

Port Chester, NY. Las Brisas - Westchester ave, 25 yrs+ and strong. Damn good mexican food, that's where I saw StereoMike on a burrito;). All though, considering the fact that you're "right here"; you should know.:D

h2oStudios
11-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Taco Bell, among other synthetic restuarants. They grind my gears!

Now, there's Hubba's Chili, and that might physically grind something else for you non-use-to-real-"culture food... lol"- people. Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat's_Hubba_Hubba

and be enlightened, lol.

IMI
11-12-2009, 01:57 PM
* Brand spankin' new hard drives that spin up for the first time, make some terrible sound and then quiet down forever.

* Having to RMA brand spankin' new hard drives that spin up for the first time, and make some terrible sound...

probiner
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
- Not being able to ignore stuff that moves and produces sound, even if you think that its stupid or not worth of attention.

- Being at a medical office waiting for your turn and having a loud television open, that is with one of those afternoon Dr. Phill type shows that no one cares, but if you try to turn of the TV, ppl think its strange. And you can't ignore every bit of information that you really don't care but you keep picking everything that the television spills out, even the comercials. Nintendo DSI didn't work. Bible worked for a while, personal agenda for 1 minute, the tall building view let me fly for some moments. I HATE TO HAVE TO BE IN A ROOM WITH A LOUD TELEVISION IN A BAD GENERALIST CHANNEL AND NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND HAVE SOME PEACE AND BEING ALBE TO "HEAR" MY THOUGTS. IT'S A DEFICENCY, I CAN'T IGNORE THE THING.

Peace.

h2oStudios
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
- Not being able to ignore stuff that moves and produces sound, even if you think that its stupid or not worth of attention.

- Being at a medical office waiting for your turn and having a loud television open, that is with one of those afternoon Dr. Phill type shows that no one cares, but if you try to turn of the TV, ppl think its strange. And you can't ignore every bit of information that you really don't care but you keep picking everything that the television spills out, even the comercials. Nintendo DSI didn't work. Bible worked for a while, personal agenda for 1 minute, the tall building view let me fly for some moments. I HATE TO HAVE TO BE IN A ROOM WITH A LOUD TELEVISION IN A BAD GENERALIST CHANNEL AND NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN IT OFF AND HAVE SOME PEACE AND BEING ALBE TO "HEAR" MY THOUGTS. IT'S A DEFICENCY, I CAN'T IGNORE THE THING.

Peace.

"post your rants let the community solve" ... Um, okay.

-Ear Plugs-

Problem solved :D

...lol

SBowie
11-13-2009, 05:59 AM
People whose car stereo causes my vehicle to shake as though a herd of T-Rexxes is thundering down on it when they are parked 6 cars behind me at a red light.

Surely it cannot be even vaguely safe to drive a car in city traffic with that much interior noise. And even if it is, why must I listen to their choice of music (which I pretty much always find offensive and juvenile, btw)? I would pay serious money for an untraceable electronic device that would blow up their speakers from a distance of 100 feet - and even more if it could produce a satisfying mushroom cloud from the (former) speaker at the same time.

StereoMike
11-13-2009, 07:16 AM
I saw plans for a DIY focused microwave gun on the net some years ago. Could be the solution, you were searching for. And it is a sustainable solution for the problem.

mike

SBowie
11-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I'd be a little worried about trying someone's brain if you pointed a microwave gun in their directions - but maybe in this particular case that ship has sailed?

shrox
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
People whose car stereo causes my vehicle to shake as though a herd of T-Rexxes is thundering down on it when they are parked 6 cars behind me at a red light.

Surely it cannot be even vaguely safe to drive a car in city traffic with that much interior noise. And even if it is, why must I listen to their choice of music (which I pretty much always find offensive and juvenile, btw)? I would pay serious money for an untraceable electronic device that would blow up their speakers from a distance of 100 feet - and even more if it could produce a satisfying mushroom cloud from the (former) speaker at the same time.

So many people today have major hearing loss because of loud music. I have noticed they speak much louder, and don't hear allot of sounds that I can easily hear. They probably couldn't hear a siren anyway...

When I see a child or even a pet like a dog in a booming car like that, I feel rather angry at their ignorance regarding the child's or dog's hearing damage. For a dog it could be really painful, and the child's hearing is being permanently damaged.

dandeentremont
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM

http://xkcd.com/368/
^You might find this relevant to your interests.

SBowie
11-13-2009, 11:13 AM
http://xkcd.com/368/
^You might find this relevant to your interests.I like it - it would be even better if it could force them to play a muzak version of "Raindrops keep falling on my head ..." in an endless loop, and weld their on/off button in the on position.

Oedo 808
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
The fact that there are all sorts of tripe repeated on Sky, but I can never find any episodes of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE).

Nostalgia is calling, big time!

Red_Oddity
11-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Health care these days in the Netherlands and the power insurance and pharma companies wield in politics, that grinds my gears to no small amount.

We have to pay more and more each year after the government stopped government controlled health care and opened up the market so 'companies can compete' (read, create cartels and control which cheap-*** medication you are only allowed to use so they can boost profits).
So far all it has done is it has tripled the prices (i pay around 1400 euros a year now just for the insurance (8 years ago i paid 456 a year) and they introduced a policy excess of a 165 euros.

Then i go cut my thumb to the f-ing bone and stuff that was supposed to be under my skin was now poking it's head out of the wound, me going to the emergency room, they made me wait half an hour in the normal waiting room (all the while dripping all over the place), then finally a doctor comes, oh no wait, she makes me sit on a hospital bed and buggers off again, for 45 minutes (this way they can charge you for using a hospital bed), when she comes back she takes a 10 second peek at it and puts a band-aid on it...a BAND-AID?...a year later the spot on my f-ing thumb has a small crater and it still hurts when i rub it...oh...and they charged me 150 euros, guess how much my insurance company paid for that stellar piece of medical work.

meshpig
11-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Ahhhh therapy:

Ha, you'll be dealing with yourself until you're a long time dead anyway so what "super nice" boyfriend do you mean? Sounds like you've never been one.

- My guess is you weren't breast fed long enough.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Ha, you'll be dealing with yourself until you're a long time dead anyway so what "super nice" boyfriend do you mean? Sounds like you've never been one.

Is your post as presumptuous and petty as it seems or is it simply a tasteless attempt at humor. You care to clarify before I respond?

I may not be "super nice" but it is perhaps telling that the woman remains my respectful friend.

h2oStudios
11-14-2009, 10:33 AM

Personally my gears would be grinded if my ex ever wanted me to meet her new boyfriend, I mean really, the guy who's diving into waters that I'd already swam in, but then again why not, "you've both been to a lot of the same places". i dunno.

BUT...

:eek: That was a kick in the nuts... them's is fightin words :devil: lol.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Personally my gears would be grinded if my ex ever wanted me to meet her new boyfriend, I mean really, the guy who's diving into waters that I'd already swam in, but then again why not, "you've both been to a lot of the same places". i dunno.

BUT...

:eek: That was a kick in the nuts... them's is fightin words :devil: lol.

We separated mutually and amicably. Having said that, I am not numb to the sting of seeing a former lover with another person for the first time.

Speaking of "sting," I think MeshPig's post was designed to do just that and is more revealing of his own "super nice" nature than of any momentous incites he might have into my love life ;).

Bring it pigboy :jam::

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8264/frickinlaserbeams.jpg

h2oStudios
11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Ah, the smell of a fight coming on.

*When threads turn into flame wars*

StereoMike
11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
*serves popcorn*

OnlineRender
11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
with large coke and nachos :D

impact in 3 ....2.....1............

h2oStudios
11-14-2009, 03:56 PM
*provides the booze* I mean booze is a must :D.

Wait, WTF did Megadolon say anyway? I forgot, lol.

h2oStudios
11-14-2009, 04:02 PM

You think Jesus was a democrat? Oh, sh8t! Damn, I hate myself. And, yes, I did inhale.:D

Chris S. (Fez)
11-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Ah, the smell of a fight coming on.

*When threads turn into flame wars*

Haha. Glad you guys are here to fan the flames...high enough for a communal barbecue it seems :beerchug:.

I suspect MeshPig is merely sore from some old ideological debate and pounced on an opportunity for a personal attack.

You LW-hooligans can disperse for the day. Seeing 2012. Forum Fight Club commences tomorrow.

shrox
11-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Rule 1: Never talk about fight club...

h2oStudios
11-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Going back to why laundry-mat machines grind my gears.

geothefaust
11-15-2009, 12:40 AM

Seriously. It's a freaking mystery where they end up...

OnlineRender
11-15-2009, 03:14 AM

it's a forced fashion in my house !

IMI
11-15-2009, 04:17 AM

Looks more like user error to me. ;)

IMI
11-15-2009, 04:21 AM
You LW-hooligans can disperse for the day. Seeing 2012. Forum Fight Club commences tomorrow.

So how was it? Personally I hate going to movie theaters and wait for the DVDs to come out, but I do go to see movies in a theater if I feel it's going to be really good. I haven't really checked out 2012 much, but my first impression is it's another one of those over-hyped movies that doesn't quite reach its potential, like Waterworld or that Day After Tomorrow claptrap.

That reminds me:

* Movie theaters.
* Waterworld
* Day After Tomorrow

shrox
11-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I heard on Coast To Coast Am that it was really bad, for example, even though California is physically crumbling, there will be cell phone service and text messaging right up to the end.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 09:47 AM
So how was it? Personally I hate going to movie theaters and wait for the DVDs to come out, but I do go to see movies in a theater if I feel it's going to be really good. I haven't really checked out 2012 much, but my first impression is it's another one of those over-hyped movies that doesn't quite reach its potential, like Waterworld or that Day After Tomorrow claptrap.

It is probably exactly what what you are expecting: disaster porn. The characters, script and story seem contrived only to connect various scenes of gratuitous destruction.

If you lower expectations and consider it a glorified FX reel then it is entertaining IMO. But it is a groaner to be sure (perhaps fitting for a "disaster porn" flick...)

I went with a client and a couple of her friends. One of them was actually weeping in a some scenes. For obvious reasons I kept my cynicism to myself but I was imagining that classic Tom Hanks "There's no crying in baseball!" scene and swapping in "There's no crying in...crappy disaster flicks!"

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Speaking of 2012, here is one to add to the gear-grinding list. In the movie monuments from all major ideologies are destroyed with one glaring exception... care to take a wild guess which one was spared and why?

That is a rhetorical question. The filmakers themselves acknowledged the unfairness of the omission.

shrox
11-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Speaking of 2012, here is one to add to the gear-grinding list. In the movie monuments from all major ideologies are destroyed with one glaring exception... care to take a wild guess which one was spared and why?

That is a rhetorical question. The filmakers themselves acknowledged the unfairness of the omission.

The Dome on the Rock. It must be broken.

shrox
11-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Or is it the Vatican?

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Or is it the Vatican?

The Vatican is taken out in especially spectacular fashion along with other long-standing Christian symbols.

Why should the filmakers fear offended christians? Larry David relieved himself on Jesus last week. Family Guy and South Park make an *** out of anyone who practices Christianity practically every episode.

shrox
11-15-2009, 11:36 AM
The Vatican is taken out in especially spectacular fashion along with other long-standing Christian symbols.

Why should the filmakers fear offended christians? Larry David relieved himself on Jesus last week. Family Guy and South Park make an *** out of anyone who practices Christianity practically every episode.

My next guess was going to be the Mormon temple in Salt Lake City. Did the movie show the Scientology Center in Hollywood going down?

Kuzey
11-15-2009, 12:14 PM
My next guess was going to be the Mormon temple in Salt Lake City. Did the movie show the Scientology Center in Hollywood going down?

You're sooooo classic...I love it...haha :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Do Mormons and scientologists routinely react violently when offended?
Both religions were brutally skewered by South Park without incident.

Makes me wonder why Comedy Central is not an equal opportunity offender. Are some ideologies so sacred that they are simply above satire and secular criticism?

Kuzey
11-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Do Mormons and scientologists routinely react violently when offended?
Both religions were brutally skewered by South Park without incident.

Makes me wonder why Comedy Central is not an equal opportunity offender. Are some ideologies so sacred that they are simply above satire and secular criticism?

Remember...no religion, keep it clean or start your own thread (for once) instead of hijacking others :hey:

That would be another thing that grinds my gears .

Kuzey

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Remember...no religion, keep it clean or start your own thread (for once) instead of hijacking others :hey:

That would be another thing that grinds my gears .

Kuzey

My initial question was rhetorical. I was wrong to humor Shrox. My apologies.

Meshpig and others like him cannot refute my arguments (because they are not MY arguments) so they attack me personally instead. Such tactics only serve to emphasize their woefully weak position.

Red_Oddity
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM

Haven't seen 2012 or heard what was spared, but my initial guess would be they spared Al-Masjid al-Ḥarām and the Kaaba.

Kuzey
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM
My initial question was rhetorical. I was wrong to humor Shrox. My apologies.

Meshpig and others like him ;) cannot refute my arguments (because they are not MY arguments) so they attack me personally instead. Such tactics only serve to emphasize their woefully weak position.

As for the first part...that's not a problem with me. The problem is were it was leading....another hijacking of a good thread. I can feel it and I'm sure you were ready to go crazy in a few more posts if Shrox kept bating you. If you really need to get something off your chest, start your own thread. Which I haven't seen you do...funny thing that :D

As for the second bit, if you feel you have been personally attacked then report said members, don't use it to go on a rampage about the same old thing. Simple stuff....just saying. :D

Kuzey

h2oStudios
11-15-2009, 02:34 PM
it's a forced fashion in my house !

You are a very fortunate individual, lol, but where I live you can't buy just one sock when ya need it. ;)

Looks more like user error to me. ;)

No, no, that's the result of a genuine black-hole in my local laundrymat. I'm telling you, NASA would have a field trip in there.

OnlineRender
11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
1) Tonight my wife thought it would great fun to spin my iphone at 40' along with my clothes , which i could take with a pinch of salt , but TIMEWARP to 7 weeks ago when she also thought it would funny to give my PSP a little wash " I love it more than my kids "...........

argh DIVORCE TIME

h2oStudios
11-15-2009, 02:46 PM
1) Tonight my wife thought it would great fun to spin my iphone at 40' along with my clothes , which i could take with a pinch of salt , but TIMEWARP to 7 weeks ago when she also thought it would funny to give my PSP a little wash " I love it more than my kids "...........

argh DIVORCE TIME

LOL... I know a chick who put her boyfriend's cellphone in the microwave once.

Day-light-savings time grinds my gears. I mean it's 4:44pm in NY and it's getting F-ing dark already. SO, now I have to turn on my lights for an extra hour a day. "Savings"?

IMI
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
* That new style of packaging for small things where it's all perma-sealed in very hard clear plastic that has to be literally cut apart and mangled in order to get at the product inside. Which is usually something fragile.
Whoever invented that ought to be packaged up alive in his own little clear plastic perma-seal coffin...

h2oStudios
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
* That new style of packaging for small things where it's all perma-sealed in very hard clear plastic that has to be literally cut apart and mangled in order to get at the product inside. Which is usually something fragile.
Whoever invented that ought to be packaged up alive in his own little clear plastic perma-seal coffin...

:agree: ROFL... LMAO!!!

IMI
11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
* Not being able to just tell certain programs "Just save out my configs here in this folder and don't make me do things like have to hack my own shortcuts with "-c"...

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 03:25 PM
If you really need to get something off your chest, start your own thread. Which I haven't seen you do...funny thing that :D
I have started threads on the subject. Since political or religious threads are no longer allowed, my views do occasionally slip into other conversations.

You are right. I should have restrained myself. But what could be more grating than an ideology that is sytematically undermining freedom of expression? 2012 is only the latest and most mainstream example. As a fellow creative I suspect it grates on you too.

As for the second bit, if you feel you have been personally attacked then report said members, don't use it to go on a rampage about the same old thing. Simple stuff....just saying. :D

Kuzey

I don't think you can dispute that I ALWAYS back up my views with cited sources and express them with all due courtesy (unlike members like MeshPig who must rely on petty personal smears or bogus accusations of bigotry). Accordingly, here are links to Roland Emmerich interviews in which he discusses why monuments of one particular ideology were spared destruction: http://www.hollywood.com/news/2012_Director_I_Dont_Want_to_Become_Salman_Rushdie/5722181

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/5-best-things-2012s-direc.php

I propose the following. I'll do my best to restrain my "rampages" in all forms on this forum.

I'll happily stop my "rampages" altogether as soon as:

1) militants stop decisively justifying their real "rampages" with scholarly sources: http://rubinreports.blogspot.com/2009/11/why-i-murdered-13-american-soldiers-at.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Rubinreports+%28RubinReports% 29
2) moderates like yourself start honestly acknowledging and addressing those ideological elements that are indisputably sexist, supremist and anti-democratic (as opposed to villifying/smearing people like me who merely report on how militants universally leverage those elements).

Deal?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming folks. Sorry for the OT. If anyone was mildly curious as to why MeshPig kicked me in the balls, the above is my best guess...

Chris S. (Fez)
11-15-2009, 03:27 PM

:agree: Good one. Well said.

Stooch
11-15-2009, 03:41 PM
you know what REALLY grinds my gears?

this statement in my lightwave registration section:

"Must be a registered owner of LightWave v9 to qualify. Need to upgrade or buy a new copy of LightWave v9? Your LightWave v9 upgrade and new purchase automatically comes with a one year membership to HardCORE. Make your purchase on line here or from the NewTek reseller in your area."

in other words, if you are an existing newtek customer who owns v9 - you can lick our sweaty nuttsack.

But if you are a new one, well... we will lick yours.

lol. moral of the story? delay your purchase of our products as long as possible.

IMI
11-16-2009, 03:03 AM
* Not being able to change the default start up music in Windows 7. It's buried in a system .dll file and not a normal .wav file. And it's way too freakin' loud. I guess Microsoft figures everyone has only their crappy little no-name .0005 watt speakers that come attached to their monitor.

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 06:54 AM
I have started threads on the subject. Since political or religious threads are no longer allowed, my views do occasionally slip into other conversations.

You are right. I should have restrained myself. But what could be more grating than an ideology that is sytematically undermining freedom of expression? 2012 is only the latest and most mainstream example. As a fellow creative I suspect it grates on you too.

I don't think you can dispute that I ALWAYS back up my views with cited sources and express them with all due courtesy (unlike members like MeshPig who must rely on petty personal smears or bogus accusations of bigotry). Accordingly, here are links to Roland Emmerich interviews in which he discusses why monuments of one particular ideology were spared destruction: http://www.hollywood.com/news/2012_Director_I_Dont_Want_to_Become_Salman_Rushdie/5722181

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/5-best-things-2012s-direc.php

I propose the following. I'll do my best to restrain my "rampages" in all forms on this forum.

I'll happily stop my "rampages" altogether as soon as:

1) militants stop decisively justifying their real "rampages" with scholarly sources: http://rubinreports.blogspot.com/2009/11/why-i-murdered-13-american-soldiers-at.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Rubinreports+%28RubinReports% 29
2) moderates like yourself start honestly acknowledging and addressing those ideological elements that are indisputably sexist, supremist and anti-democratic (as opposed to villifying/smearing people like me who merely report on how militants universally leverage those elements).

Deal?

Back to your regularly scheduled programming folks. Sorry for the OT. If anyone was mildly curious as to why MeshPig kicked me in the balls, the above is my best guess...

And here we go again....

Chris, is this some kind disease/sickness with you??. I thought we got over this with the ex Nun that Jin linked to. If she can't make you see your wrong then no one can.

This is a symptom of what happened to you that you won't reveal. You are fighting something that can't defend it's self because it's a ideology, not a real person...so it's safe for you to attack. It makes feel good for awhile but it still doesn't right the wrongs that happened to you and you might feel like a hero doing so....but Chris your just deluding yourself.

Chris, be really brave and tackle those events head on, don't lash on to something that's safe to do and you have no fear of reprisal. If you do really care about this, then take your local Islamic organization to court. Win that court case and then I'll say your right but until then you aren't looking like a healthy, intelligent, sound minded person...I must say.

Of course, you'll say things like the courts and government are scared of reprisals too and such a court case will be useless to undertake. But you and I know the real reason is that you are wrong and will be laughed out of the courts, otherwise you would have done so by now.

Here you go...are you happy now??

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2009/11/11/wus.jihadi.code.bk.a.cnn

As for the director, he sounds like an idiot. Buildings do fall down all the time and taking the self censorship route and blaming supposed/feared outcome is just ridiculous. For some reason, western people think if they show the destruction of an Islamic building..it means the destruction of the religion itself or is some how an attack on the religion. We have all seen news footage of bombed Mosques in Iraq and Pakistan, why wasn't there an uproar directed at news stations for showing such images?? Buildings can be rebuilt..I hope you knew that??

I haven't seen the movie but that interview you linked to, the interviewer only mentioned Islam and Christianity...why did the director omit destruction of other religious symbols. What's his excuse there???

Come on Chris...be brave and tackle the root issues affecting your view on life.

Kuzey

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 07:12 AM
One more thing...one reviewer on BBC mentioned that there weren't any skyscrapers collapsing in New York?? I can see why they weren't added (911 still too raw, too soon) but you probably would have got more outrage over that then anything else...I would think.

Kuzey

StereoMike
11-16-2009, 08:26 AM
just fyi, Emmerich mentioned, they don't want to become Salmon Rushdie. Rushdie wrote the satanic verses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses) (critisizing islam) and in return became hunted like a duck (fatwa). Some translators of the book were heavily attacked (at least one died).
Emmerich's decision was not political or religious, he and the other guy helping him just didn't want to get stabbed.
Why this heated discussion? It's a hollywood movie, doesn't worth dying for. It's not Cannes or some human rioghts film.

jasonwestmas
11-16-2009, 08:41 AM
lol. moral of the story? delay your purchase of our products as long as possible.

Yeah it kind of is a shot to one's own foot when sales says stuff like that. I actually didn't buy into LW 8.5 till they gave me Vue5, LWCad 1.5 and a free upgrade to LW 9.0. I didn't see the point otherwise. Releases should be self promoting. . .ideally.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-16-2009, 09:21 AM
And here we go again....

Chris, is this some kind disease/sickness with you??.

Thank you for proving my point. This is my last public post on the matter. Feel free to PM me but be warned I won't hold back like I do in public forums.

Personal attacks and smears instead of addressing the issue. A tired tactic. If I am wrong, why are you incapable of directly addressing how and why I am wrong?

I believe in freedom of expression, equality of sexes in legal testimony and equality of muslims and non-muslims in Muslim nations. Do you? Why am I a villain for believing so?

You CANNOT REFUTE that some mainstream scholarly Islamic literature preaches that Islam is incompatible with democracy and freedom of conscious. I can post endless links supporting this position (AGAIN, this is not MY postion, this is the position of some mainstream Muslims): http://www.islamonline.com/news/articles/3/Ruling_on_democracy_and_elections_and_participatin .html

"Democracy is a man-made system, meaning rule by the people for the people. Thus it is contrary to Islam, because rule is for Allaah, the Most High, the Almighty, and it is not permissible to give legislative rights to any human being, no matter who he is."

It says in Mawsoo€™at al-Adyaan wa€™l-Madhaahib al-Mu€™aasirah (2/1066, 1067):

"It is not permissible for a Muslim to vote for him or for anyone else who will work in that government, unless the one who nominates himself or those who vote for him hope that by getting involved in that they will be able to change the system to one that operates according to the sharee€™ah of Islam, and they are using this as a means to overcome the system of government"

The above link is a popular source for many moderate, mainstream Muslims.

Am I a villain for alerting others to this view and for assuring them it is anything but bigoted to defend democracy and personal freedom?

If fighting for such freedoms is "disease," then I am proud to be "sick"

I thought we got over this with the ex Nun that Jin linked to. If she can't make you see your wrong then no one can.

I seem to remember thanking Jin for the link and acknowledging the nun's views were worth researching. I did my research. Her name is Karen Armstrong and it turns out her scholarship is consistently and verifiably dishonest and/or sloppy. Here is one infamous example where her attempt to sell politically correct delusions exposed her ignorance (just ask if you want others):

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/04/karen-armstrong-reviews-spencers-the-truth-about-muhammad.html

This is a symptom of what happened to you that you won't reveal. You are fighting something that can't defend it's self because it's a ideology, not a real person... so it's safe for you to attack.

When ideology is defended by its adherents with fear and pathetic attempts at intimidation (ie. your behavior in this thread) then I personally think some reform is in order. Was it safe for the Dutch cartoonists to satire Islam? Why did Yale, in a text analyzing the outrageous reaction to the cartoons, refuse to reprint the very subject of discussion?: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32732243/ns/world_news-world_faith/

Similarly, Emmerich admits in no uncertain terms that he edited his vision of 2012 specifically to avoid offending Muslims. You see a pattern here?

It makes feel good for awhile but it still doesn't right the wrongs that happened to you and you might feel like a hero doing so....but Chris your just deluding yourself.

Another useful example. Thanks! You CAN'T refute anything I say say so you try to discredit me instead. It won't work. As usual your statements are complete presumption. You don't know me. You KNOW you don't know me. So let's drop the idiotic pretence shall we?

13 people were just murdered in an attack justified by legitimate Islamic literature. Countless opportunities to intervene and possibly prevent the attack were undermined because moderates and/or politically-correct stooges accuse people who point out the ideological ills of Islam of being "sick" or bigoted. Let me make that clear: People were afraid to speak up because they were afraid of being labeled a "racist" or a "bigot" or of demonizing a supposed "Religion of Peace." Why were they afraid? Because of people like you.

The West is waking up.

Chris, be really brave and tackle those events head on, don't lash on to something that's safe to do and you have no fear of reprisal. If you do really care about this, then take your local Islamic organization to court. Win that court case and then I'll say your right but until then you aren't looking like a healthy, intelligent, sound minded person...I must say.

Kuzey

Another inane personal attack. Your cutting psychology assessment of me is based on what exactly?

These posts reveal more about you than me. They show once again that you are incapable of engaging in civil and honest discourse. Given that, I think this "discussion" is over, don't you?

OnlineRender
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
ffs end of ! PM each other ...........

Chris S. (Fez)
11-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Seeing an awesome trailer...that ends with a release date like a year away.

Similarly, impatiently waiting for the prequels for "forever" only have Lucas kick me in the balls and level the last remaining mountain from my childhood.

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Another inane personal attack. Your cutting psychology assessment of me is based on what exactly?

These posts reveal more about you than me. They show once again that you are incapable of engaging in civil and honest discourse. Given that, I think this "discussion" is over, don't you?

Haha...your idea of a "civil and honest discourse" is people agreeing with you....anything else is just wrong in your view. Take your research on the Nun, it didn't fit your view and now she is " verifiably dishonest and/or sloppy". Nice one...again you are right and everyone else is wrong!!

You have this fundamental need to be right on this issue even if you can't win, just to be validated as a good person or whatever the personal need is. You scan the internet (goodness knows for how many hours) for obscure stories from obscure sources and claim you have proof.

That to me, is a symptom of someone that needs help. You'll either end up harming yourself, or some innocent Muslim woman like what happened in Germany recently. Sorry for the bluntness but sometimes you need to be blunt. So once again...get help, talk to someone outside your little anti Islamic group and try to overcome your past.

This is also my last post on the matter, unless you start posting those obscure stories again.

All the best with your efforts on that matter.

ps. thanks for the offer of the PM but no thanks...

Kuzey

h2oStudios
11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
...Wow.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Let's add another to the list: cowardly drama queens.

I am a human being capable of all kinds of idiotic errors. This goes for ALL my posts: I'll publically retract any and all points that anyone can convincingly refute.

shrox
11-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Let's add another to the list: cowardly drama queens...

I can do better...

Jazz hands.

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/political-pictures-john-mccain-jazz-hands.jpg

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Let's add another to the list: cowardly drama queens.

You're projecting your issues onto other people again...but...what ever makes you happy.

Kuzey

Chris S. (Fez)
11-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Man, this list keeps growing: dopey pop psychologists

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Man, this list keeps growing: dopey pop psychologists

Mmmm...the truth is starting to hurt, we are making progress. After the anger comes.......

Kuzey

shrox
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Stop. This thread is becoming unfun.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
People so brainwashed by their ideology that they lose all sense of objectivity.

Ha, I have become the dopey pop psychologist I so hate...

Kuzey, Shrox is right. PM me man.

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Stop. This thread is becoming unfun.

Wow...it's too much for even Shrox :hey:

done.

Kuzey

h2oStudios
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
You know what grinds my gears...

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning and going to the bathroom half awake and sitting on the bowl taking a dump when you realize there isn't any toilet paper.

I just hope this thread doesn't turn into just that, lol.;)

shrox
11-16-2009, 02:36 PM

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning and going to the bathroom half awake and sitting on the bowl taking a dump when you realize there isn't any toilet paper...

That's what the sprayer hose by the kitchen sink is for.

Chris S. (Fez)
11-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning and going to the bathroom half awake and sitting on the bowl taking a dump when you realize there isn't any toilet paper.

Drapes, lap dogs and decorative hand-towels are handy in such cases.

Khaki Pants and "splash-back"...

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 02:43 PM
That's what the sprayer hose by the kitchen sink is for.

Don't you guys have the toilet that squirts water. No need to run around naked contaminating the kitchen...hehe.

Kuzey

Kuzey
11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
You mean the water fountain in the bathroom? :hey:

Haha...at least that would be more hygienic. :)

I want to try those all electric self squirting Japanese toilets just once....no paper required.

Kuzey

IMI
11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I would say that this thread has gone down the toilet, but I think that would be just a little too ...cheeky. :D

h2oStudios
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't you guys have the toilet that squirts water. No need to run around naked contaminating the kitchen...hehe.

Kuzey

You mean a badae... buday... beudei... Oh f**k, it I'm not googling the spelling on that one, lol. It's French, okay.

It grinds my gears that here in the states we don't have those european butt squirting things.

Red_Oddity
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
We don't have 'm either here, but i can tell you, once you have tried the good ones they have in the japanese hotels you want one at home, i know i do.

shrox
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
...It grinds my gears that here in the states we don't have those european butt squirting things.

Ewww, sounds like the Scottish heroin addicts from Trainspotting.

jasonwestmas
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
We don't have 'm either here, but i can tell you, once you have tried the good ones they have in the japanese hotels you want one at home, i know i do.

Oh you mean the three-sea-shells?

h2oStudios
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Ewww, sounds like the Scottish heroin addicts from Trainspotting.

Never saw Trainspotting, but please don't tell me your talking about aenimas, lol.

DVD purchase list in progress:

1:Trainspotting. (as if Requiem for a Dream wasn't disturbing enough, lol, - "A*s to a*s, a*s to a*s!")

Red_Oddity
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
You know what really really grinds my gears on a daily basis?
Maya not having a frickin' render view that handles float images or doesn't even have a frickin' color picker in the render view, when the program i started my 3d career out with and out dates Maya by a decade does.

shrox
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Never saw Trainspotting, but please don't tell me your talking about aenimas, lol.

DVD purchase list in progress:

1:Trainspotting. (as if Requiem for a Dream wasn't disturbing enough, lol, - "A*s to a*s, a*s to a*s!")

Yeah, just watch the movie and you will understand...after a person comes down off heroin, their constipation comes to a sudden and demanding end.

shrox
11-16-2009, 04:23 PM

That inspires joy joy feelings about MDK.

h2oStudios
11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
You know what really really grinds my gears on a daily basis?
Maya not having a frickin' render view that handles float images or doesn't even have a frickin' color picker in the render view, when the program i started my 3d career out with and out dates Maya by a decade does.

Throw Maya in the garbage.

EDIT: Tell your boss to throw it in the garbage.:D

Tell your boss to throw it in the garbage, then start a LW invasion.;)

jasonwestmas
11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
That inspires joy joy feelings about MDK.

hehe, I was wondering who was going to catch that one.;D

meshpig
11-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Is your post as presumptuous and petty as it seems or is it simply a tasteless attempt at humor. You care to clarify before I respond?

I may not be "super nice" but it is perhaps telling that the woman remains my respectful friend.

Certainly wasn't intended as humor and nothing personal.

- Over the years have been there and done that many times; was implying you should go and meet the newb and also consider the times you have been in his position, as it were... ("super nice" is neither here nor there:))... since everyone is always subject to the complexity of human relations and can observe himself thus.

Kuzey
11-17-2009, 04:07 AM
You mean a badae... buday... beudei... Oh f**k, it I'm not googling the spelling on that one, lol. It's French, okay.

It grinds my gears that here in the states we don't have those european butt squirting things.

haha..that's the one. I must confess, I have one here in Izmir...but sadly it's an add on...the steel hose sits loosely under the toilet seat. The funny thing is, sometimes the hose moves out of place and you have to wiggle a bit to get the angle right :hey:

And yes..you still need toilet paper to dry off afterward.

Kuzey

OnlineRender
11-17-2009, 05:17 AM

very intellegent humor there , I like it !

Stooch
11-17-2009, 11:04 AM

close but no badet.

forget using 3 seashells, use your ligthwave dongle.

Kuzey
11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
People who forget to secure their modems with a password and not realize it's WIFI equipped.

Kuzey

OnlineRender
11-18-2009, 02:34 AM
People who forget to secure their modems with a password and not realize it's WIFI equipped.

Kuzey

I make money from that situation , that's not a grind ,thats a bonus !

OnlineRender
11-18-2009, 02:51 AM
Costing you $120 for Dan Alban Lightwave 7 book for forgeting to return it to University Library when I could have bought one for cheaper :D

FACEBOOK HACK / TRICK

THE FACEBOOK TRICK: press up,up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Enter key, then right click (apple button click if you've got a Mac) then press up and down and magic circles will appear. the only way to get rid of them are to log off or refresh the page...IT WILL WORK! put this as your status if it works

StereoMike
11-18-2009, 03:32 AM
Just tried, it really works. Something like lens flares.

Bidet. We used to have one at home (at my parents). My Dad told me a "funny" story about an old couple who visited us. They obviously had never seen a bidet and she dropped a full load into it and wondered why it won't flush away...