PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime Pro incorrect import of negative frames

Johnny
11-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Quicktime pro is part of my work flow from LW > to my NLE.

I have a scene where I added an element prior to frame 0, and Quicktime pro refuses to properly import it. it views -001 as before -072, so the resulting clip appears backwards, even if I click on -072 as the first frame during "Open sequence."

this leaves me with kind of a mess of possibly kludgy workarounds.

Is there something Lightwave can do to scootch things forward?...can I adjust it somehow so that frame -072 will be written to the hard drive as frame 000?

thanks much for any help with this!

J

G M D THREE
11-04-2009, 08:18 AM
The easiest fix is to rename the files, with a app that lets you batch rename files with sequential numbers.

I use adobe bridge, but there is tones a small free or shareware apps that do that as well.
Just be careful, you want maybe to rename the files above 0 first, making space for the below 0 ones,
and than rename al the (-) digit ones.

Hope that helps. ///

Johnny
11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
The easiest fix is to rename the files, with a app that lets you batch rename files with sequential numbers.

...there is tones a small free or shareware apps that do that as well.
Just be careful, you want maybe to rename the files above 0 first, making space for the below 0 ones,
and than rename al the (-) digit ones.

do you have a few titles to share which can do that task?

thanks!

J

dlanimation
11-04-2009, 08:56 AM
imovie will reverse the imported sequence ..under effects.
dl

toby
11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=renamer+osx
I haven't used renamer apps in a long time, so I can't recommend a particluar one

sandman300
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Is there something Lightwave can do to scootch things forward?...can I adjust it somehow so that frame -072 will be written to the hard drive as frame 000?

Open Classic scene editor. Top Right corner , shift keys. Allows you to shift keyframes for a selected range of frames.