PDA

View Full Version : light reflex on foil

bracki7
11-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Hi!
I must prepare renders of foil pack of pasta. And I have a problem with light reflex on foil surface. Should look like in picture below. Or similar. Maybe not so hard but should looks very natural. Any idea? I was trying with turbulence and crumple procedural texture, but... looks not so good. Maybe problem is with value nad/or frequence?

oobievision
11-04-2009, 06:23 AM
you could try a specular map

jameswillmott
11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Reflections and some big luminous polygons?

Chris S. (Fez)
11-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Since these are stills you can probably get away with putting the same turbulence procedural in both the Specular and Bump slots. Mask them with weight maps and another procedural.

bracki7
11-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks a lot for all, but i`m afraid, I must ask for explanation. I`m novice user:)
What do You mean "specular map"? I must prepare in photoshop some reflextion map and use it in specular tab like.. for example transparency map?
Chris S. (Fez) - could You explain me more... ee.. accessible way what You mean? :) Or maybe You know where I can find some tutorial about this case?

I would be very grateful:)

zardoz
11-05-2009, 05:08 AM
today I never use specularity...just try this, place your light and in modeler create a polygon that will be luminous (you have to find the right value). parent this polygon to the light if you want to use them both. Most of the time I simply turn the light off and let the luminous polygon and Gi do the rest. Start with a black background and move the light to a place were it is reflected the way you need. In the material you're going to need some bump to make those reflections. And of course don't forget the reflections in the material. Start with 100% just to see what's happening and then tweak it.