PDA

View Full Version : distance to pivot + morphs

biliousfrog
11-04-2009, 02:37 AM
It seems that distance to pivot gradients in the standard layers system don't work with morphs, is this correct?...is there a way round this?

SplineGod
11-04-2009, 02:58 AM
what are you trying to do?

biliousfrog
11-04-2009, 03:05 AM
I've got an object which is being cut away by a router. The surface of the object is different to what's underneath.

I'm using a weight map to drive a morph so that, as the router cutter travels around the object, the cutter removes a groove. The problem is that the cut section needs to change surface properties as it 'drops' down, even just the colour would be fine. Distance to object works but it causes problems earlier in the animation so I ideally need distance to pivot which would remain static....but it doesn't seem to do anything.

biliousfrog
11-04-2009, 03:09 AM
The attached images show how it works fine with distance to object until the worktop object moves...an alternative would be to parent a null to the worktop and continue to use distance to object but I just wondered why distance to pivot doesn't seem to work.

SplineGod
11-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Instead of using a weight map try using the value procedural with a linear falloff.
Use a gradient on top of that to tune the falloff.

Another option is to use Dponts marker pen procedural to drive the morph.