PDA

View Full Version : Help looking for a program

Ideas Unlimited
11-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Iíve just installed Windows 7 64bit Ultimate and have installed all my programs except One and thatís DFX+ that came free with Lightwave (I think version 8). So my question is, does anybody know of a program that can import still renders and export them as an animation, because, as Iím sure you all agree, rendering directly out to an animation format is asking for trouble so Iíve always rendered out to still images and used DFX to save them out to an animation file format. Iím not looking to pay for an expensive package because I donít do much animation work as I tend to just model... any ideas :help:

thanks

Lewis
11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
QuickTime Pro can export series of images to animation. It's about 30$ if i recall correctly.

I'm sure there is probably some freebies out here but not sure will it work on win7.

RudySchneider
11-03-2009, 01:23 PM
VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org)

Nangleator
11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Hell, I always use LW for that! Export to sequential pics, then I've got a scene file that loads the images into the B/G. It's a few steps, to select the new sequence name, then set the animation length, then set the new name, but it beats buying software.

UnCommonGrafx
11-03-2009, 03:30 PM
DFX won't work or won't install?

I’ve just installed Windows 7 64bit Ultimate and have installed all my programs except One and that’s DFX+
thanks

oobievision
11-04-2009, 06:11 AM
well I use after effects to takeTGA32 sequence to AVI or another file format. also Photoshop cs2 and above can save it as an animated sequence like gif.

opensource
11-04-2009, 08:54 AM
AE cost money and Priemer and you need to change the setting to 1 frame per pict ! virtual dub is good ,prism another ,so is ulead ,there wads of free programs BING IT !

biliousfrog
11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
...you need to change the setting to 1 frame per pict !

um, no...you select the first frame, tick the sequence button and it loads all frames in the sequence.

I haven't used DFX but it might run under compatability mode in Win7 if you can install it. Virtual Dub is free, Lightwave can do it but you're restricted by some of the output options and codecs, my personal choice would be Quicktime Pro - I use it for saving to web and compressing to H.264.

opensource
11-04-2009, 09:28 AM
um, no...you select the first frame, tick the sequence button and it loads all frames in the sequence.

still stuck on pro 7 :D

Ideas Unlimited
11-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, some good ideas there. I have to admit that I'd overlooked the lightwave option, I suppose that I got so used to using DFX .

UnCommonGrafx: - The program installs fine but won't run once it's installed, comes up with an error message about being a multi thread program, did the same on Vista.

IgnusFast
11-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree with the above - I use VirtualDub for AVIs, and QuickTime for MOVs. Lately I've been creating MOVs, then importing the video to iMovie to add quick sound effects/other audio. Nothing I'd do on a professional basis, but for hobby-level work, it's quick and fun.