PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP Glass Problem Unsolved...

u8myshorts
11-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I have been trying to render a very simple model with glass and liquid inside. I've done this a lot of times it always looks good. This time however i have found a problem i cant resolve; it just does not make any sense!!!!!

scene description:
Dielectric glass with inside liquid.. at this moment just a solid black texture to illustrate the problem.

Images
image 1 Shows the scene composed with all objects in place
Image 2 Shows the objects offset to show that the geo renders on its own when not in position
image 3 scene snapshot

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
i have already tried rebuilding the scene from scratch and recreating the "liquid" Geo from the bottle. nothing has worked.

I EVEN SENT THE FILE TO TECH SUPPORT AND THEY NEVER GOT BACK TO ME
SCENE INCLUDED

COBRASoft
11-03-2009, 10:42 AM
If you're using lightwave 9.6, there's no need anymore for the switch on the dielectric and also no use anymore for air polys. Probably, you need to scale your cream a little down (smaller than the inside of the bottle). I did a quick test with your scene file and that's what I found till now.

u8myshorts
11-03-2009, 10:56 AM
I was not ware of this "no switch needed for dielctric" and using just dielecrtic with out it still yields the same rewsult

The second thing is that this is the first time this happens; i've done this a ton of times with no problems .

The problem i have with scaling the inside is that the refractions wont be accurate. I need this to match a a photo.

u8myshorts
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
mmm you know... i think you are right.... i just did not see that i had "inside polys" this is what happens when you have a deadline...you just forget to think!!! thanks....

COBRASoft
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
No problem, glad I could help somehow :)