PDA

View Full Version : Improved Multi-processing support... ?

SaturnX
11-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi there,

Will Lightwave get improved multiple core support in future?
Areas like faster preview generation, dynamics and of course smoother frame-rates of subpatch deformations in layout while scrubbing, would benefit alot from multi core processing etc etc.

This is more a curiosity post than a 'I want' feature request btw. :thumbsup:

hrgiger
11-06-2009, 04:19 AM
CORE is supposed to.

SaturnX
11-07-2009, 04:12 AM
CORE is supposed to.

Yup, and Im looking forward to it!

"LightWave CORE™ is designed to leverage the modern computing landscape and beyond. It works great in 32-bit, and is a monster in 64-bit. It is fully multi-threaded, multi-processor and GPU aware."

I'm just curious as to whether or not it would have been possible to optimise classic LW.xx for the time being, with better multi-processor support. I know its nearing its end. :/

Sensei
11-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm just curious as to whether or not it would have been possible to optimise classic LW.xx for the time being, with better multi-processor support. I know its nearing its end. :/

In the main area-rendering it's working fine in multi-core environment as long as you use Perspective Camera, not Classic Camera.

From commercial point of view, this does not make sense- after all when Core will be fully ready they will want you to buy Core, not LW v9.x..