PDA

View Full Version : Use just one color from image, how?

metahumanity
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi, need some help here.

I want to just use the pure white in a bitmap texture to appear in the node that follows, effectively cutting out all other colors as if they where part of the alpha.

Can that be done through a node?

Thx

probiner
11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Stepped Gradient maybe? 1.0 with 100% Alpha, 0 to 0.99 with 0% Alpha.

Cheers

metahumanity
11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Nope, nao funciona. Raio de nodos parecem tao flexiveis, mas xiça

probiner
11-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Ahaha então sempre és do porto, mas com o nome Chris Burkert pensei que fosse outro porto =)

Well with teh image color inputed to the gradient's Input i get that.

What about the Image Editor? Make an clone instance, change the Brightness and Contrast to narrow it to only the white values? But you want to cut the image or the alpha?

Maybe i'm not getting your issue :P
Good Luck

metahumanity
11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Boas. Yep, do Porto, mas o nome e metade do sangue são importados da alemanha.

That could actually work! Will try!:D

Ahaha então sempre és do porto, mas com o nome Chris Burkert pensei que fosse outro porto =)

Well with teh image color inputed to the gradient's Input i get that.

What about the Image Editor? Make an clone instance, change the Brightness and Contrast to narrow it to only the white values? But you want to cut the image or the alpha?

Maybe i'm not getting your issue :P
Good Luck

toby
11-05-2009, 08:23 PM
You could do this with the Logic node; plug the image into a Color Scalar, plug that into Logic A, set B to 1.0, if A is equal or greater than B, if True then 1.0; if False, 0.0. Plug the Logic-out into your color channel.

metahumanity
11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Thx man.

Will need this for next version of my celshader to mask highlights and secondary dark zone. Will be fooling around with nodes tonight.

Thx again

You could do this with the Logic node; plug the image into a Color Scalar, plug that into Logic A, set B to 1.0, if A is equal or greater than B, if True then 1.0; if False, 0.0. Plug the Logic-out into your color channel.

probiner
11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
By the way the cellshader looks nice.