PDA

View Full Version : Multipul Overlays/DSK

jgoodwin
10-31-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure what the process involved in doing this would be, but I know that in our old switch that we replaced with the Tricaster because it was getting outdated, you were allowed to put up multipul DSK's at once.

Like being able to have DDR1 and DDR2 up simultaniously on a single shot. Something so the layers from bottom to top would be camera>DDR1>DDR2 or something like that.

Any chance this could ever be implemeted?

SBowie
10-31-2009, 08:03 AM
XD300 has two overlay channels. You can assign any source to them, as well as position and scale them. Each one has its own transitions, to boot. I can't say what the chances are of this trickling into the SD TriCaster models.

Koinonia
10-31-2009, 10:19 AM
XD300 has two overlay channels. You can assign any source to them, as well as position and scale them. Each one has its own transitions, to boot. I can't say what the chances are of this trickling into the SD TriCaster models.

Hi Steve,

Reading all the replies from you about the new feature request for TC in this Forum, we always get that XD300 will have the feature requested.
It's seems that Newtek is not planning to do any more features update to TC Pro, Studio and Broadcast...
... Is it true?

We are requesting feature update for OUR TC and not for XD300, and I think there are many features that could be implemented in TC Studio and Broadcast.

Regards,

Daniel Choi

SBowie
11-01-2009, 07:04 AM
It's seems that Newtek is not planning to do any more features update to TC Pro, Studio and Broadcast... Is it true?By no means. When I mention that XD300 already has this or that feature, I have several reasons for doing so:

One is to point out that we clearly agree the suggestion has merit. We'd not have implemented said feature in XD300 otherwise.

A second reason, at times, is to explain the manner of implementation in XD300, as that may be of interest in the context of the feature itself.

A third reason is that I know some are looking at upgrading to XD300, and will be pleased to know that this feature already exists there.

When I say things like 'I don't know whether this will trickle down to the existing TriCasters or not', you may assume that a) I really don't know, for numerous reasons, b) I'd be very pleased if it could, c) but only time will tell. To me, there's every reason to hope that those features which the earlier models are capable of supporting will migrate to them as time moves along.