PDA

View Full Version : Wave filter and Special buffers.

txbob
08-31-2003, 01:12 AM
I'm trying to de-saturate the colors in 3d a object while leaving the background image alone. I see that wave filter image has the ability to de-saturate, and also allows you to do it based on several criteria.

One option is to affect objects only. This affects everything.
Another is to affect the background only. This affects everything.
Another very interesting option is to affect based on surface. This also affects everything.

I understand how to set up the special buffers and everything, although the manual doesn't really say much other than to turn it on. I know that the first buffer numerically will work on the first image filter in the list.

In this case I'm just trying to get it to work, so I'm setting up a scene with one object, one surface, and one special buffer. I understand that buffers have changed for some reason and are no longer using 0-255 as input, and are now using 0-1, so I have mine set at .5 ( been a long time since I buffered.....)

Obviously this effect could be easily done in another program, but the animation will be using a few other trick from wave filter, so I guess I'd like to do it in one pass.

BTW I know I could just make the surface the right color, but there are some colored lights in the final scene, and all I need to do to make this one surface look right is pull out about 60% of the saturation..

I appreciate any input on this. Thanks in advance.

txbob
08-31-2003, 01:16 AM
sorry everyone, I realise this doesn't belong here.. I don't know how it got here, and I can't delete it!

Will repost it in general support

Sorry again