PDA

View Full Version : VT Will no longer function

Rendesigns
10-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I have had this system operating for about 2.5 years now, and used it one day, took off for the night, and it would not open the software the next day. I have tried the latest version. At first it wouldn't let me install so I rebuilt the system by re-installing windows, then the VT software from the web. I am on version 5.2d with fresh windows install and it is still crashing out the software. is this simething that Bill Gates did to me in the night while I slept? Should I try starting over again? any help is appreciated.:2guns:

SBowie
10-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Could you describe exactly what takes place, starting from attempting to launch VT?

Rendesigns
10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
on launch I get the question weather or not to reset the modules in VT (which at this point I haven't had the pleasure of setting up yet), I say yes, then it goes to the VT5 Splash screen for a bit then crashes out. It hasn't ever brought up the VT desktop. I looked for an uninstaller briefly, but had no luck. My thought was to try the install off of the VT5 disks, but I figgured I'd ask around before I go to all the trouble. Is there maybe any windows updates that VT doesn't like for XP "pro"? I miss my VT, and my clients do to...

SBowie
10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Well, you might take a look at the Windows Event Log, see if it gives you any clues, but the shortest route to success might well be uninstall/reinstall. I'm not aware of any XP update issues.

Rendesigns
10-30-2009, 01:15 PM
will try and report back

Rendesigns
10-30-2009, 08:12 PM
there were some video codecs on the system that it didn't like. I need to have some codecs on here for playback purposes, are there any suggestions on a good pack that doesn't crash VT.

I still don't know why it stopped responding before the re-install of windows, I changed nothing on the system. I litterally tested the publishing point for a stream I was doing 3 weekends ago, then shut down the software and went home. When I started it the next day it was just broken just as described above. at any rate, VT is operational and all of you mind your codecs...:thumbsup:

animlab
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Try check your QT version. If it is 7.6.4, you need to unstall it and re-install earlier version such as. 7.6.2. 7.6.4 is known uncompatible to VT[5].