PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave core help

a sandwhich
10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
What are the benefits of core over regular?

jameswillmott
10-27-2009, 08:18 PM
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/core/index.php

hrgiger
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
You should probably ask what WILL be the benefits of CORE over regular since CORE won't be released until late this year if not a bit after. But to sum up the biggest benefit, is that CORE is an integrated application were current Lightwave is made up of two programs Modeler and Layout. Of course, keep in mind that CORE is still an infant and we will just be seeing the first version this year. It won't be a full featured app yet and will rely some on current Lightwave (actually LWHC) until it can be a standalone program.

SplineGod
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Probably very little in the way of actual benefits now but later...hopefully more. :)

jasonwestmas
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm sure there will be a few advantages when Core is released, I'm sure NT wants to sell it right away.

colkai
10-28-2009, 04:26 AM
As folks have said, right now, don't even think of Core as comparable to 'regular' LW, it's way too early for that.
The question I guess you should ask is do you want to get in on CORE or not, if money is an issue, I'd say wait until it's released to make any decision. If money isn't an issue, I guess it's pretty much wide open as to whether to get into Core early or not. Either way, they are not "side by side" products like earlier incarnations of LW.