PDA

View Full Version : FCP Settings exchange?

jerryvr
10-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Does anyone have some Final Cut Settings that they have found that works?
I am importing the Mpeg file into Final Cut Pro then drop in the audio after extracting in in Streamclip as a Aiff. I am using the 16x9 mode and have set up a tricaster sequence present with a resolution of 720x404 , I set it the Apple intermediant codec with upper field dominance. This is probably not the best settings. Does anyone want to share what methodology and settings they use?

ofnadave
10-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry I can't help you, but we have the same FCP problem. The only .ext we found that works without rendering again in TC is FCP "dvcpro-ntsc.avi".

I really can not believe why it is so hard for TC to be more open to these .ext video playback needs. Even WMV playback would really help us with less rendering. TC needs to remember who there customers are, not Studio's, but low resolution internet streamers.

Since we have been down the road with other streaming production software, the TC is the only system we found that is very reliable for 24/7 streaming. Thank You TC!!!

jerryvr
10-29-2009, 10:05 PM
I think I am going to give up on using the MPEG directly. Im going to use Mpeg StreamClip to convert the file to a dv file. Its just not worth the hassle to use the MPEG, then I can just use the DV anamorphic setting. It would be nice though if newtek would figure out how to play nicely with Final Cut, as it is the leading video editing software.

DeanAU
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah final cut editing is full of fail. Interlacing of the 3Play and tricaster dont match up.