PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Use of Second Monitor

jerryvr
10-26-2009, 07:26 AM
It would be nice to have the option of using the second monitor to display the camera feeds. If the software is using overlay to display the video this would be simple and very helpful. Better yet would be to allow customization of what is displayed on the second monitor, such as the current projector mode, maybe a Preview Mode where the video preview monitor would fill the screen or a Camera Mode where the cameras could fill a 2x2 grid.

Possible?

SBowie
10-26-2009, 08:16 AM
XD300 support this, and more. I'm really not sure how feasible it is on the current generation and variations of TC, but it's nice to have for sure.

jerryvr
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
So do you think their is any hope they might backport that feature?

SBowie
10-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I really can't say. I'm sure the desire to do so will be there, but I don't know whether any or all of the older models have the hardware resources to pull it off. I do hope it is done to the extent possible.

danbricker
10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
i kinda wondered myself about why we only have 2 choices on the preview monitor configuration.

i would love to have a choice of configurations beyond the 2 out of the box. right now i have 4 old monitors for my cameras that i would love to get rid of if i could even have a 15fps feed of them on screen.

SportsJunkie
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Gosh, that'd be nice. The older I get the worse my eyes are. The two little monitors (live & preview) on my TCP are almost too small to see, especially while filming fast moving sporting events. Having the second monitor used like a closed circuit quad security camera monitor would be slick. Being able to do three camera preview prior to cutting into either preview or live mode would certainly be more convenient than having to purchase something like the Vaddio triple pass-thru monitors.