PDA

View Full Version : Coyping weight maps to another model? (same uv's)

Algae998
10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Hey all,

Im working on a small project and long story short, I modeled the base in LW, did GUVs in Zbrush, then brought the model back into LW for fiber fx weight maps and rendering. Ive posed the original model in Zbrush (since I didnt rig it) and I want to render in LW but since its not the same model the weight maps wont be there.
Is there any way to copy my weight maps from my original model to my new posed model that has the same uv's? This is more so out of curiosity until I establish a better work flow.
Thanks in advance!

probiner
10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I know a way that probably works but is kind of... complicated for nothing...
So if no one comes up with a better idea i'll start listing :P

But involves:
Reknitter
Background to Morph
mn_DrainBGVMap

But so to see if its clear: you got one model with weight maps and the same model in another new pose with no weight maps, right?

Cheers

SplineGod
10-23-2009, 09:23 PM
I would check flay.com or lwplugindb.com. Search for anything with the word 'weight'. Theres a couple of lscripts or pluginis Ive seen for copying weight maps between objects.

Sensei
10-24-2009, 01:43 PM
If you have TrueArt's Modeling Pack http://modelingpack.trueart.eu,
it has VMapManager plug-in http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/VMapManager,
that has option to load/save weight or color map from/to image. So you can save it, and load in any other object as texture, weight or color map.

probiner
10-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I still can list the boring way to do this...
But if both models have the same point order, you could simply put the new pose model in the background, the weightMaps model in the foreground and run "Bkg to Morph". So you'lll the old model, morphing the new pose, with all the weights. Just Apply the Morph after.

Cheers

Algae998
10-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I still can list the boring way to do this...
But if both models have the same point order, you could simply put the new pose model in the background, the weightMaps model in the foreground and run "Bkg to Morph". So you'lll the old model, morphing the new pose, with all the weights. Just Apply the Morph after.

Cheers

I was going to check out some other plugins but decided to quickly try out the way you suggested and it worked like a charm. All of my weight and texture maps followed to the new pose. Thanks for the help!