PDA

View Full Version : slightly OT: Portland, OR After Effects group starting

monovich
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Howdy all,
This isn't 100% lightwave, but I use After Effects to put all my Lightwave renders together, so its relevant. I know some of you are from the PDX area...

For anyone in/around the PDX area, there is a new "official" After Effects usergroup just now getting off the ground, with its first meeting starting in November (TBA).
Chris Tegethoff, a local designer is putting a ton of effort into getting this thing launched with a bang. He is focusing on getting good speakers, good locations, sponsors, and he may have even mentioned catering. Dayyy-um. He is motivated and wants to help bring the (quickly expanding) PDX mograph community a bit closer together.

Its all just now coming together, but he is moving very fast with his connections and organization. You can join and get updates here:
http://groups.adobe....d8e67d5/summary

hope to meet you all there!

-Stephen

TheDynamo
10-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Might you be able to repost that link Stephen? It's pointing to an abridged url right now that doesn't work.

Of course I suppose I could log on to my Adobe forum ID but that is just too much work ;)

-Rob

P.S. It would be a good idea to see if Chris is setting up a Facebook group as well for this.

wacom
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
OH man, I didn't even know you were in PDX! Now I'm leaving for 1-2 years to live in Pittsburgh for a job...this would have been so cool.

Will be back though as I have family in PDX, and hope that the group is going strong by then! Maybe I can attend if I'm in town at those times...

Good luck to everyone involved!

monovich
10-23-2009, 05:29 PM
does this link work?

http://groups.adobe.com/groups/207d8e67d5/summary

sorry to miss you Wacom! I guess I should put my location in ...

TheDynamo
10-23-2009, 05:49 PM
That link worked fine :) thanks.

monovich
10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
first meeting Nov 12. aepdx.org

monovich
10-27-2009, 10:31 AM
hey wow I just broke 1000 posts.